The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View attachment 37300

Anybody seen something like this before?

Fantastic product to sell in the new ridesharing economy. Definitely an example of "selling shovels in a gold rush."

I came across this company while browsing stocks through a stock screener.

Market cap is $85.4 million. (This isn't their only product)

Yes when I was in the back of a police car, prior to covid stuff...

Funny story, got a free ride while drunk after ''allegedly'' refusing to pay my fare in a taxi, fun times!

It's so bad guys or bad girls don't spit on the cop, although I have seen some police cars without the barriers, those might just be the undercover ones.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Saw one of the best quotes today on my drink from the gym...really hit me hard in the feels,

''Die with memories, not dreams''

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Screenshot from 2021-03-25 15-18-55.png
If anyone ever wonders "What ARE Shorts"
then they are kind of pants. Shorter than normal.
Mostly worn when its hotter outside.

Also, its an grammatical error - "shorts are" not "shorts is"

P.S. This is really an sarcastic tribute to googles stupidity and their REAL lack of imagination. Those guys haven't invented anything in 21 years.

P.S.2 If you want (and live in USA) you can get on band wagon early and get some promotion. It will last short but early posters will get more of views.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
A random dude just knocked on my door and tried to sell me potatoes. Imagine going door to door selling potatoes. That's just crazy! I strongly recommend this hustle to people who're coming to this forum and asking ''h0W do I mak' 20,000 month on interwebzz''.

Anyways, why didn't he pick a product with higher profit margins?

On second thought, he might have been a burglar scoping for easy targets.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

A random dude just knocked on my door and tried to sell me potatoes. Imagine going door to door selling potatoes. That's just crazy! I strongly recommend this hustle to people who're coming to this forum and asking ''h0W do I mak' 20,000 month on interwebzz''.

Or he grew some potatoes, and is selling them for basically 100% profit.

Assuming he didn't spend very much on seeds, water, etc. Maybe 90%+

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018

Ok, yeah, my mistake - the margins are potentially fine - but I still don't think the profits are.

I live in an urban area which means he has to transport them here from the countryside, so there are some fuel costs. And I am pretty sure there are other expenses associated with growing potatoes. 90% profit is possible though, however, he'd have to sell more than 500 kg's to make just 150 EUR (and that's assuming he is selling at the same price as the local vendors).

If he has a 2% conversion rate that means he has to knock on 2500 doors to get 150 EUR ( assuming the average sale is 10kg's). My point is there are way more effective ways to make money than selling potatoes door to door.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Ok, yeah, my mistake - the margins are potentially fine - but I still don't think the profits are.

I live in an urban area which means he has to transport them here from the countryside, so there are some fuel costs. And I am pretty sure there are other expenses associated with growing potatoes. 90% profit is possible though, however, he'd have to sell more than 500 kg's to make just 150 EUR (and that's assuming he is selling at the same price as the local vendors).

If he has a 2% conversion rate that means he has to knock on 2500 doors to get 150 EUR ( assuming the average sale is 10kg's). My point is there are way more effective ways to make money than selling potatoes door to door.
Yes, definitely not an efficient use of his time or effort.

His opportunity cost of labor is pretty bad. Probably making $1/hour or so doing this.

edit: he actually could be doing very well from this like MJ pointed out

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes, definitely not an efficient use of his time or effort.

His opportunity cost of labor is pretty bad. Probably making $1/hour or so doing this.

Not sure about that, if he is growing them himself, he could be making a reasonable wage.

I have an orchard filled with lemons and limes ... if I went down to urban Phoenix and did the same thing, I might be able to sell them and net $50/hour, assuming I sell them 30-50% less than grocery store prices. The problem is, this area has a lot of citrus trees in yards.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
Not sure about that, if he is growing them himself, he could be making a reasonable wage.

I have an orchard filled with lemons and limes ... if I went down to urban Phoenix and did the same thing, I might be able to sell them and net $50/hour, assuming I sell them 30-50% less than grocery store prices. The problem is, this area has a lot of citrus trees in yards.

Sure in USA that might work (not to mention you're comparing lemons to potatoes). Here in Eastern Europe potatoes are dirt cheap. If he sold them for a 50% discount here he'd have to sell hundreds of tonns to make a reasonable salary. That's A LOOOOT of doors to knock on.

Anyways, you might be right - I didn't ask him more about his offer. Maybe the minimum amount of potatoes he sold was 100kg's - then I guess his hustle might make sense. Maybe those were some luxury potatoes. Maybe he had stolen these potatoes and was looking to score a quick buck. Maybe he was looking for a place to rob. Maybe he was an alien. There's a lot of room for speculation.

If this happens again I'll inquire further.

Whatever the case I applaud his drive for going door to door... with POTATOES... d2d sales are scary!

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Burglars will always find ways as long as they want to steal shit.

What we can do is to make things more difficult for them. Use alarms, dogs, guns, whatever...

There's this limping guy missing a hand who goes around my usual haunt of eateries, selling insect repellant. And this insect repellant isn't the stinky Ridsect crap you get from stores and forces you to clean up the house for hours. It's made with natural ingredients like lemon-grass, and it has been helpful keeping my dorm free from roaches (even as college mates wreck the place)

I can't find it easily even online. So whenever we see him, we buy a number from him.

There were a few times where he told me, 'I just have a few more repellants left." so I guess a good offer does work, internet or not.

Sure in USA that might work (not to mention you're comparing lemons to potatoes). Here in Eastern Europe potatoes are dirt cheap. If he sold them for a 50% discount here he'd have to sell a hundreds of tonns to make a reasonable salary. That's A LOOOOT of doors to knock on.

Anyways, you might be right - I didn't ask him more about his offer. Maybe the minimum amount of potatoes he sold was 100kg's - then I guess his hustle might make sense. Maybe those were some luxury potatoes. Maybe he had stolen these potatoes and was looking to score a quick buck. Maybe he was looking for a place to rob. Maybe he was an alien. There's a lot of room for speculation.

If this happens again I'll inquire further.

Whatever the case I applaud his drive for going door to door... with POTATOES... d2d sales are scary!
If they were SWEET POTATOES, they'd sell real well...
Especially Japanese sweet potatoes. I swear the shopping mall rips me off by charging premiums for it.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
1616746726593.png

So I'm currently having this right now, I'll start off by saying that while I'm not vegan myself I've been trying options (fan of the meatless sandwich from starbucks) seriously give it a try! Wanted to give pizza a try, first off the smell, isn't exactly to pleasant and the fake bacon bits are fairly off putting like someone took a crap on my pizza, the cheese looks kinda weird as it's not even really melted...

Gonna have to pass on this option, I'll leave the pizza out for the raccoons that live on my roof, it's basically like eating the bread with pasta sauce, mostly the smell is off putting, despite me not eating all day I couldn't eat more than a few bites of it.

Looking at the ingredients of the rice that's about to be cooked up, contains dairy products. Hard to keep away from animal products!

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
So, if I took a wild guess. These assholes are in it for the long haul.

@Kak are you gonna sign-up your newborn for the vaccine?

What's the percentage of young adults.... 0.008%?

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Moderna Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNA), a biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines, today announced that the first participants have been dosed in the Phase 2/3 study, called the KidCOVE study, of mRNA-1273, the Company’s vaccine candidate against C0VlD-19, in children ages 6 months to less than 12 years. The study is being conducted in collaboration with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...-19-Vaccine-Candidate-in-Pediatric-Population

XobLeCA.png

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak are you gonna sign-up your newborn for the vaccine?
Right after I sign him up for bootlicker training public school.

Let’s see. He has 0.00% chance of being harmed by Covid... VS... Some creepy lizard people communist vaccine that makes over a third of people sick. LOL no.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I am going to kick your a$$ some day at a FLF event if you are fat in real life. :rofl:

We actually met at the 2020 fastlane summit (I told you that I liked your arrogance after your speech [I was being sincere]).

I look a little different than I did a year ago, so here's a recent pic of me. You tell me if I'm fat.

1616761883828.png

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We actually met at the 2020 fastlane summit (I told you that I liked your arrogance after your speech [I was being sincere]).

I look a little different than I did a year ago, so here's a recent pic of me. You tell me if I'm fat.

View attachment 37323

Good deal! You’ve been a great source of motivation for me with these posts!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Good deal! You’ve been a great source of motivation for me with these posts!

I'm happy to hear that. I'm obviously a heel, but I really want people to push themselves physically and end up in great shape. I was a fat kid growing up so I'm passionate about helping people get in shape (I just put a few of my friends on bodybuilding routines and I go to the gym with them to help them do the exercises correctly).

I'd like to be nicer, but I think that having someone think "F*ck WHCD, I'm going to show that smug prick" might be a better spur to get people to hit the gym hard.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nice to see this, especially since this book is more than 10 years old...

It's aging well!!!

1616782984995.png

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Its still blocked. Hundreds ships waiting.
There will be lacks of things as that can last another werk!
What costs will increase?
Oil, food?

D

Deleted78083

I want to invest, did you take his business card?

Nice to see this, especially since this book is more than 10 years old...

It's aging well!!!

View attachment 37325

It'd be cool to know the success rate of people buying the book, even though it is probably impossible to know.

For example, out of 100 people that buy the book:
- how many create a company?
- how many end up with a profitable company?
- how many end up on the forum?
- how many end up on the forum AND succeed
Etc

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Its still blocked. Hundreds ships waiting.
There will be lacks of things as that can last another werk!
What costs will increase?
Oil, food?

There is another risk in the narrow sections of the canal... The backed up ships without forward momentum can also end up stuck on a shoreline.

It’s easy to keep a boat in the middle of a narrow canal when it’s moving, but when it’s stopped it might be a shit show.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Why should I own an Apple Watch?

Anyone?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why should I own an Apple Watch?

Anyone?
GF has one and I think it’s the worst invention ever because it makes the chain to your phone even more deeply embedded.

Of course the pros are that it’s hands free, you get better health data, and a lot more stuff

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.