The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A lesson learned from weightlifting: intensity is a skill that you need other people to teach you.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people on this forum that demand a lot of themselves, but they could probably step it up another level if someone showed them how.

See this huge dude getting destroyed by Tom Platz to see what I mean:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZ8yoia3lY

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Alright gang, 2020 taught me what we need to do to be safe for the future. I want to make sure nothing bad ever happens again in the history of ever. Here is what we must all do:

we should wear bubble wrap, cover our eyes to avoid seeing anything unpleasant, wear earplugs to avoid loud noises, never leave home or go outside to avoid allergies, never use tools or work with your hands because you might get a bruise, don't shuffle paper for fear of a paper cut, never do push ups or work out because you might pull a muscle, don't run or jog because you might get winded, don't invest money because you could lose a little, don't work a job because you might get fired, don't drive a car because you might crash, don't own a dog because it might bite you, don't eat food because it could be expired, just curl up in a fetal position and lay there until you die.

I hope this will be found adequate in the world of 2021. If too dangerous or risky, let me know your suggestions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
never leave home or go outside to avoid allergies
I've already been doing this for over a year, step it up. I can tell you it works, I didn't catch anything...not that I caught anything in 2020 or 2019 or 2018 aside from minor colds, BUT staying closed inside WORKS and is therefore the only reasonable way going forward.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Alright gang, 2020 taught me what we need to do to be safe for the future. I want to make sure nothing bad ever happens again in the history of ever. Here is what we must all do:

we should wear bubble wrap, cover our eyes to avoid seeing anything unpleasant, wear earplugs to avoid loud noises, never leave home or go outside to avoid allergies, never use tools or work with your hands because you might get a bruise, don't shuffle paper for fear of a paper cut, never do push ups or work out because you might pull a muscle, don't run or jog because you might get winded, don't invest money because you could lose a little, don't work a job because you might get fired, don't drive a car because you might crash, don't own a dog because it might bite you, don't eat food because it could be expired, just curl up in a fetal position and lay there until you die.

I hope this will be found adequate in the world of 2021. If too dangerous or risky, let me know your suggestions.

You forgot eating food, it's possible to die from food poisoning you know? Now you are safer thanks to me, or breathing, air pollutants are EVERYWHERE!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

wOrDs To LiVe By!

TeUiek4.jpg

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If I had a nickel for every scam letter I got in the mail saying “final notice,” I would be quite rich.

How do these people get away with these scams?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Any smart people on here that know about cold water immersion? (Ice baths etc)

Is this stuff just bro science?

My backs a little stiff from boxing, it's about 6c outside and I'll jump in the pool (unheated) and see how I feel after.. hopefully a heart attack is not the way to die for me :rofl:

Did a couple of laps, feel alright..

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I couldn't help but look into a company that has profited off me quite alot, especially since it had a Canadian hockey marketing gimmick. Noticed they had a sustainable fishing practice page on the website, meanwhile they sell fish....

I'm not a genius or anything but... :inpain:

Really though quite a crazy business to be involved in, even though I enjoy eating fish the thought that you are eating flesh from something that swims around in polluted waters and is marketed is healthy, I think there is a lesson to be learned there.

How about some fresh Sushi, straight from the oceans of Japan!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I couldn't help but look into a company that has profited off me quite alot, especially since it had a Canadian hockey marketing gimmick. Noticed they had a sustainable fishing practice page on the website, meanwhile they sell fish....

I'm not a genius or anything but... :inpain:

Really though quite a crazy business to be involved in, even though I enjoy eating fish the thought that you are eating flesh from something that swims around in polluted waters and is marketed is healthy, I think there is a lesson to be learned there.

How about some fresh Sushi, straight from the oceans of Japan!

But are the oceans more polluted than say, the air or the dirt? Anything you consume grew in a polluted something, most likely. People test their green tea for radiation levels.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I can think of few things in life more rewarding than challenging someone to be better and watching them do it.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
But are the oceans more polluted than say, the air or the dirt? Anything you consume grew in a polluted something, most likely. People test their green tea for radiation levels.

That's true, even the vegetables you are eating are polluted, who knows what farmers use on their crops. Which is why one day I'd love to have my own garden and make my own food :cool:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Look at how he steps and look at how I step. Watch how I run up ramps and he stumbles down ramps.

One. Two. Three. Let's go!

sAm4r7c.gif

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Any smart people on here that know about cold water immersion? (Ice baths etc)

Is this stuff just bro science?

My backs a little stiff from boxing, it's about 6c outside and I'll jump in the pool (unheated) and see how I feel after.. hopefully a heart attack is not the way to die for me :rofl:

Did a couple of laps, feel alright..
I bathe in cold water pretty much every day. Gotten used to it.
I don't think I've touched a hot shower or bath over the past year...I found out from a doctor that hot/warm baths actually leaves my skin dry and more prone to eczema breakouts.

Although it can wake you up by raising your blood pressure (to warm the body), ideally a cold shower or bath shouldn't be done ABRUPTLY...start by dipping in the legs for a while and then go full in. I was reading somewhere that sudden exposure to cold water could just shock the heart to bits...

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Finished The Untethered Soul on Tuesday followed by a YouTube letting go guided meditation before bed and slept like a baby for the first time in a couple of months.

I woke up Wednesday and it was almost like I just knew what to do. Worked a full, productive, 12 hours for the first time in YEARS. Still did all the things I enjoy like chatting with friends, exercise and cooking too.

Things are moving now and I'm just so thankful for the value everyone here adds to my life. I had no idea I had such a big mental block & it's such a relief to finally be moving past that.

Since Wednesday morning I've created an entire website, newsletter design, completed one email to feature by the signup form, finished 2/3 of what needs to be done for the first official email on Monday, emailed over a hundred people who reached out to my business email offering a first look at the site. I already have signups!

I'm ready to start marketing the site to my audience and seeing what the interest in the newsletter is like, I'm excited.

Shout out to @Black_Dragon43 for giving me advice privately and helping answer my questions, very grateful! :smile:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I thought about posting that video. Good call.

One thing you learn as you get older is that the legal system in the US is pretty messed up and corrupt. It has nothing to do with the constitution. That’s just a piece of history. It’s a show run by people who are brain washed.

But if the police want to talk to you, you are probably a suspect or a witness. But based on how some past cases have played out, you have to make it clear you are using your 5th amendment right.

But in essence what you are doing if you are a suspect and you decide to talk is you are taking on the burden of proof(voluntarily) and communicating it to someone(police) who is actually trained to think everyone is a liar. So even if you are not guilty of whatever you are being accused of. Even then it’s better to not talk to the police. Oh, and the police are trained to lie to you and trick you.

You can just say something polite like “ No thanks bro, I always use my 5th. And I only speak in court.”

But the whole system is a joke. One dumb judge rules a certain way and 10 judges are forced to use that as a precedent. :rofl:

If you want your jaw to drop, look up stuff like “qualified immunity”.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A question that a few of you should probably ask yourselves:

Is your businesses / job serving you? Or are you serving it?

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Aug 12, 2018
Is your businesses / job serving you? Or are you serving it?
Definitely I am serving it!
Studying the "E Myth revisited" and I am working on this issue. It is a challenge as I am my only and most loyal and cheapest employee....

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
D

Deleted78083

“There is no point in starting your own business unless you do it out of a sense of frustration.”
- Richard Branson.

I like that.

There is this idea that you should start a business that solves other people's problems and you should absolutely focus on others. It's not wrong per se, but it's far from being the only way.

You can also start a business to solve your problems that no businesses are currently solving. Chances are that you are not the only one having whatever problems you're having.

Eg: Reed Hastings started Netflix so he wouldn't have to pay Blockbusters' late fees.

On a smaller scale, Dave Christensen started his yacht-making company after he bought one and was unhappy with the result.

Uber started cuz the founder whose name I forgot was frustrated he couldn't get a cab tapping on his smartphone during a trip to Paris.

Etc, etc.

These are big examples, but, it's the principle we are interested in here.

If you can't focus on other people's problems, focus on fixing yours, and go help people that have similar problems.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"Fate leads him who follows it, and drags him who resist."

-Plutarch

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
“There is no point in starting your own business unless you do it out of a sense of frustration.”
- Richard Branson.

I like that.

There is this idea that you should start a business that solves other people's problems and you should absolutely focus on others. It's not wrong per se, but it's far from being the only way.

You can also start a business to solve your problems that no businesses are currently solving. Chances are that you are not the only one having whatever problems you're having.

Eg: Reed Hastings started Netflix so he wouldn't have to pay Blockbusters' late fees.

On a smaller scale, Dave Christensen started his yacht-making company after he bought one and was unhappy with the result.

Uber started cuz the founder whose name I forgot was frustrated he couldn't get a cab tapping on his smartphone during a trip to Paris.

Etc, etc.

These are big examples, but, it's the principle we are interested in here.

If you can't focus on other people's problems, focus on fixing yours, and go help people that have similar problems.

This is a good starting point. Awesome post

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

So on this forum we talk a lot about avoiding having a "job," right?

How many of y'all with a business pay yourself directly, vs. employ yourself in your business with a normal wage/salary?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.