The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
No-one will signup. You missed the fake scarcity @MTF.

I don't see any social proof either, promises on huge ROI, or any registration for a 30 minutes webinar that is JUST ABOUT TO START so I better join now before the """"live"""" webinar disappears.

I'm out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
It's funny how whenever Fortune 500 companies comment on social / political events, they all say the same thing.

It's like they're part of some club and take the same orders.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Gab is crying tears of joy over Twitter banning Trump. The new user signups are indistinguishable from a DDoS.

My question is, who's going to take Facebook's market share?

The oddest people are sponsoring Alt-Tech these days.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Gab is crying tears of joy over Twitter banning Trump. The new user signups are indistinguishable from a DDoS.

My question is, who's going to take Facebook's market share?

The oddest people are sponsoring Alt-Tech these days.
Good question. There is a lot of opportunity right now to replace these draconian companies or compete with them. The trouble is how difficult and high the barrier entry is (naturally).

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Now, below is educated way of thinking about something otherwise dumb as hell.

You might know about something called BTC.
You also might be one of delusional people who think
that its currency.

For sake of this post, lets define currency
as something that you pay other people with
for goods or services.
No one with BTC does that.

So what is the educated thing about mentioned?
Ceiling price.
Ceiling price is price of how much BTC can go up
to and no more.
Not based on naive crypto-people,
anarchists or anyone else.
Except for those who have cash to buy it.

As what they buy it?
As an alternative to Stock market and gold.
See, there's limited amount of cash on the market.
It always goes somewhere - from gold to stocks,
from stocks to usd, from usd back to gold.
And maybe few other things in the loop.
But rotating it is.

What about ceiling price?
Its very simple.
Get market capitalization of gold
at the time of stock market crisis,
See how much money was withdrawn.
Take this money and divide them between
number of BTC in circulation.
Voila!
You have the ceiling price of BTC.

Do the math and you will see if
Winklevoss brothers were right
about BTC going to $320k.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...-C0VlD-19-vaccines-in-pilot-project-1.5255651

Sick and elderly prisoners will be prioritized, but prison officers and employees are not a part of the program.

Conspiracy theories.....conspiracy theories.... let me get my tin foil hat.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Google, and now Apple, have banned the Parler app. I expect this will boost Progressive Web Apps, and other "open" solutions.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A point on the usual experience of talking politics for most people: they're yammering on like they're arguing with fans of a different sports team or just finger-wagging; gossip, essentially.

Politics is about action and power - 99% of people will only talk about politics, like spectators, or more accurately, like losers.*

When you think about politics, think about it only in the fashion of changing laws to run your competitors out of business.**

Oh, and read up on 4th & 5th generation warfare. Anything that you post on social media can and will be used against you, even years after you've forgotten having had those ideas.

*Honest discussions about actually trying to understand the complexities of politics and its impact on realms outside of politics (there's no such thing, but you get what I'm saying) are obviously exempt from this attack.

**I'm not advocating doing this, but this adequately conveys the perspective and the seriousness with which you should view politics.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
There have been a few of us warning of creeping communism becoming the norm over the past year or so. We were mocked.

This isn't about democrat vs. republican (they're relatively the same anyhow), before anyone goes there. The self proclaimed "anti-fascists" are quickly enacting fascism. Also, communism and fascism are one in the same, two means to the same end. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Anyone still have any doubts?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Regarding the Parler ban from big tech, you should see that as much as good old fashioned business collusion as some ideological statement. Basically, big tech found a socially acceptable excuse to sabotage a potential competitor.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There have been a few of us warning of creeping communism becoming the norm over the past year or so. We were mocked.

This isn't about democrat vs. republican (they're relatively the same anyhow), before anyone goes there. The self proclaimed "anti-fascists" are quickly enacting fascism. Also, communism and fascism are one in the same, two means to the same end. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Anyone still have any doubts?

Fascism is long dead. Communism is long dead. Those are just boogeymen used to keep people distracted.

Monopoly capitalism + big tech = hyper concentration of money & power. Whenever something happens in America, it's in the interest of some deep pockets.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Regarding the Parler ban from big tech, you should see that as much as good old fashioned business collusion as some ideological statement. Basically, big tech found a socially acceptable excuse to sabotage a potential competitor.
It wasn’t a polarized decision. It wasn’t ‘A’ or ‘B,’ it was ‘A and B.’

It served multiple purposes.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Fascism is long dead. Communism is long dead. Those are just boogeymen used to keep people distracted.

Monopoly capitalism + big tech = hyper concentration of money & power. Whenever something happens in America, it's in the interest of some deep pockets.
Call it what you want, its essence is all the same. Communism is an easy to grasp term that adequately portrays the situation. The rest is semantics. It’s collectivism at the end of the day, and there will be the collective poor, and the .0000001% ultra wealthy controlling elite.

The end result will be what we’ve seen throughout history, with the flair of technology.

“What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.”

G

Guest-5ty5s4

A point on the usual experience of talking politics for most people: they're yammering on like they're arguing with fans of a different sports team or just finger-wagging; gossip, essentially.

Politics is about action and power - 99% of people will only talk about politics, like spectators, or more accurately, like losers.*

When you think about politics, think about it only in the fashion of changing laws to run your competitors out of business.**

Oh, and read up on 4th & 5th generation warfare. Anything that you post on social media can and will be used against you, even years after you've forgotten having had those ideas.

*Honest discussions about actually trying to understand the complexities of politics and its impact on realms outside of politics (there's no such thing, but you get what I'm saying) are obviously exempt from this attack.

**I'm not advocating doing this, but this adequately conveys the perspective and the seriousness with which you should view politics.

Politics is life and death.

The fact that people are accepting this crazy destruction of liberty as "normal politics" is frightening.

Since it is life and death, be aware that increasing division does increase the likelihood of more death.

The anger, hatred, and violence is only going to get worse on this path.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Amazon is shutting down the Parler servers tonight, after Google and Apple already banned the mobile apps. Even using PWA's would not have saved them, without their servers. I bet a lot of companies are going to move out of the "cloud" and back to their own servers and infrastructure.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m20JngeQ9Kc

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Even the ACLU is calling out tech monopolies for overstepping on censorship.

I mean, they do have "civil liberties" in their name, so it's about time they stand up for liberty here.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Communism is dead? Doesn't Bill Ayers have tenure? The Boomers aren't THAT old yet.

The Great Reset proves Communism isn't dead, it's merely pursuing total centralization by other means.

States have evolutionary strategies like plants do. BLM are ruderals, fascists are competitors, libertarians are stress tolerators. The statist-ruderal alliance just wants all the things, so things can be fair.

You aren't unfair, are you? Because then we might have to rectify you.

Anyway, cyclical revolutions are totally normal. Ask Turchin, he's insufferable right now.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Unlikely source!
That's my favorite way to prove my point.

When your political opponent says something that bolsters your position, that is the perfect source to reference as evidence!

I agree with the ACLU here: Big Tech monopolies censoring free speech = very bad!

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
So at midnight, AWS will remove Parler from their servers. Will be up and running again in a week though.

Disappointing that being against censorship by big tech somehow makes you alt right. Feels like I'm in the twilight zone having this conversation with people I assumed were much more intelligent.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
So at midnight, AWS will remove Parler from their servers. Will be up and running again in a week though.

Disappointing that being against censorship by big tech somehow makes you alt right. Feels like I'm in the twilight zone having this conversation with people I assumed were much more intelligent.
All dissent must be crushed. Don’t you see?

Anything astray from the mainstream will not be tolerated.

We should really be referring to mainstream as “prolefeed.”

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm looking forward to the new Call of Duty Capitol Siege expansion pack that will come out in the next few years :rofl:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I feel like Trump is going to declare a State of Emergency, impose martial law, and have the election redone. It's not like anyone is going anywhere. I just don't see him handing over the Presidency to someone who 50% of the voters did not think won fairly, as it would ruin all future elections. I believe he also said he wouldn't turn over the government under questionable conditions. I think the Democrats know about this, and that is why they are trying to get him removed immediately. I haven't been this sure of something since I bet all my speed points that Connor McGregor would knock out Floyd Mayweather. Should be next week, if it is going to happen.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm Canadian, and don't know how it works for Americans, according to Trumps FB talking about not needing voter ID.. had to look into it myself.

1610343133087.png

Uh, what!? So I could literally walk across the border and vote in a no document required state!? Holy...

Maybe I'll try my luck for President in 2024... heck why not, we will M triple A, Make America Amazing Again.

Last edited:

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey

This. I was thinking about CENTS the other day and thought, "what else is there if one of these guys don't like you?" I'm also livid my journalist friends are gung-ho about this censorship too, but considering that they're all on multiple forms of public assistance, I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. I'm genuinely upset that we're no better than a third world country and with no accountability in sight, it's only going to get worse.

As for Parler, I wonder if this will bring more interest in the dark web in terms of hosting. The browsing experience will be slow, but it's better than nothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.