The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Apparently exorcisms have been on the rise in the United States for the last few years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Apparently exorcisms have been on the rise in the United States for the last few years.

Meh. Can’t turn it fastlane.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
eh... call me a hater but I think space "exploration" is a colossal waste of time and money.

Most of what SpaceX does is send satellites so world governments can spy on each other. Mars sounds like bragging rights more than anything else.
Have you not heard of million tons of gold asteroid???

/J.k, but the asteroid is real.

Last edited:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

Meh. Can’t turn it fastlane.
Can't? An Exorcisms App. iExorcise. I wonder how much people would pay :hilarious:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Multiple cities across the USA rioting and looting.

Officers being attacked and beaten.

Cars, gas stations, and local businesses being burnt down.

Ironically, the people burning down local employers are ones to complain about no jobs or minimum wage.

This goddamn shit makes my blood boil. Stay safe out there.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Apparently there’s such thing as professional protestors. A bunch from my region moved into our city to join a scheduled peaceful protest and instead destroy the city as much as they can
At least that’s what the police and media are reporting. People traveling from 2-3 hours away to be here and take advantage of the situation... crazy and disgusting

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
The future of dating is: who needs dating?!

Basically make a selfie, upload it and AI will know who is your best match.
Of course to get best match you'll have to pay $49.99
If you want second place match, $14.99 will do.

Researchers say this AI can judge your personality from selfies alone – By Matthew Griffin Futurist and Keynote Speaker

As i said, who needs dating anyway?!

edit.
You won't be breaking with anyone anymore, you'll be asking for a refund.

I recently started (and stopped) the online dating thing, such a waste of time.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I recently started (and stopped) the online dating thing, such a waste of time.

Dating sites are frustrating, I agree. Instead.. you might try asking yourself “Am I already the person who would be perfect for my ideal mate?” If you’re not already perfect, then set goals to become that person, while simultaneously trying extracurricular activities that are filled predominantly with your ideal mate’s gender.

Step 1
Who do I need to be to be a F*cking fantastic catch for my soulmate?
Step 2
Go hang out in places with lots of ppl who could be my soulmate.

So, if you’re a guy who finds women attractive it makes little to no sense to do jiu jitsu (a 99% male dominant sport) but it makes PERFECT sense for you to go to three different yoga classes a week.

Also, prayer.

Your person is out there dude. They’re hoping and praying for you to show up and to NOT have too many issues. Lol. Go get ‘em tiger.

D

Deleted78083

D

Deleted78083

Dating sites are frustrating, I agree. Instead.. you might try asking yourself “Am I already the person who would be perfect for my ideal mate?” If you’re not already perfect, then set goals to become that person, while simultaneously trying extracurricular activities that are filled predominantly with your ideal mate’s gender.

Step 1
Who do I need to be to be a F*cking fantastic catch for my soulmate?
Step 2
Go hang out in places with lots of ppl who could be my soulmate.

So, if you’re a guy who finds women attractive it makes little to no sense to do jiu jitsu (a 99% male dominant sport) but it makes PERFECT sense for you to go to three different yoga classes a week.

Also, prayer.

Your person is out there dude. They’re hoping and praying for you to show up and to NOT have too many issues. Lol. Go get ‘em tiger.

Dating sites are based on Paretto's law: 20% of guys get 80% of matches. Furthermore, it has been shown that people develop higher standards on dating websites due to a perceived increase of offering. Both guys and gals look for a match on average "25% hotter than they are themselves".

I'd like to highlight that dating is very much like entrepreneurship: if you are a quality person (in shape both physically and mentally) offering value (mainly good emotions) to people around you, more people get attracted to you. To succeed at online dating, you need to convey that value both through pics and texts. And that's when most people fail. They have crappy pics, and can't think of something else to say besides "hi, how are you?"

Value providing = people responding.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
The scientists proved that one's personality is showing in how one's face look.
Not the temporal emotions or feelings but overall personality.

That might be shocking or even frightening to some.

The mention of dating is conclusion based on what early dating portals did:
verbal test about your personality.
They asked you questions, and based on how you answered they matched others
who also took a test.
(like press note from 2003 here )

Maybe a simplification but it seems you don't need to take any tests anymore.
Single selfie will be enough.

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
The scientists proved that one's personality is showing in how one's face look.
Not the temporal emotions or feelings but overall personality.

Not sure if I believe that. I'm thinking it matches people based on visual symmetry and relative attractiveness. If your a 7 it matches you up with 6-7-8s. Visual symmetry is easily measured whereas personality is much more complex. I don't think there's any substitute for real life interactions between people.

Recently though I talked about two teams of researchers, one from Israel and the other from China, that claimed they could judge a person’s character from a single image as well as their intent to criminality all with a greater than 80 percent accuracy.

To me this sounds like a load of BS, sounds like a convenient excuse to throw people in prison they don't like. There wouldn't be any political benefit for the Chinese or Israelis would there? hmmmm... The British empire thought criminality was based on the shape of the skull. Science is oftentimes hijacked for political motivations. Climate-change? Eugenics? Covid? Airport security?

I think people tend to overestimate what AI is capable of currently. What AI does best now is collect information and FAST. Interpretation is done by humans, Peter Thiel goes into this in Zero to One.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Recently though I talked about two teams of researchers, one from Israel and the other from China, that claimed they could judge a person’s character from a single image as well as their intent to criminality all with a greater than 80 percent accuracy.

I dno I'm kind of skeptical, but at the same time it's SOMEWHAT true.

If you see a smiley person it's a good bet they are a fairly happy person, while the opposite is true. Ever see those old white Karen ladies that are always miserable and grouchy with the resting *** face? @Kid

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Went out to do some filming today for my biz (some YT/IG content)

Had a person told me to **** off and several other people saying hi / thanks etc (I'm doing a positive thing for the community)

Kinda funny, my experience in the world has led me to believe there are tons of cruel evil people everywhere, someone called the Police on me and had 2 cars show up & 3 people with guns, not that I mind the cops doing their job as they are obliged to, but I think its quite sad people resort to just omg call the cops on someone. I do get the benefit of free marketing as Police show up (awesome content & cool pictures) but geez louise!

I put a ton of smiles on dozens of strangers faces today and was thanked and told I'm doing a great thing, whenever I go out filming MJ is always with me in the form of TMF Audibook on my Iphone which makes it even more fun and drives me to keep going.

Not to cause a ruckus, which I do enjoy doing, I'll always flip my camera away from cop encounters not to rile them up, but its old to be harassed by the local police force, whilst I request assistance from them (some of my filming content is related to break ins around my area) We have homeless people breaking into people's cars and whatnot.

Maybe I'll go have a chat with the chief or something, but yeh... old miserable Karens these days, It's always old white women that have a problem with everything. Fun little rant, enjoy your day!

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I normally avoid everything Buzzfeed but came across this article > 16 People Who Had Better Ideas Than The Rest Of Us
The oil measurement guide in the wok was very cool. Quick article to get your brain to start seeing the world in a different light

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Went out to do some filming today for my biz (some YT/IG content)

Had a person told me to **** off and several other people saying hi / thanks etc (I'm doing a positive thing for the community)

Kinda funny, my experience in the world has led me to believe there are tons of cruel evil people everywhere, someone called the Police on me and had 2 cars show up & 3 people with guns, not that I mind the cops doing their job as they are obliged to, but I think its quite sad people resort to just omg call the cops on someone. I do get the benefit of free marketing as Police show up (awesome content & cool pictures) but geez louise!

I put a ton of smiles on dozens of strangers faces today and was thanked and told I'm doing a great thing, whenever I go out filming MJ is always with me in the form of TMF Audibook on my Iphone which makes it even more fun and drives me to keep going.

Not to cause a ruckus, which I do enjoy doing, I'll always flip my camera away from cop encounters not to rile them up, but its old to be harassed by the local police force, whilst I request assistance from them (some of my filming content is related to break ins around my area) We have homeless people breaking into people's cars and whatnot.

Maybe I'll go have a chat with the chief or something, but yeh... old miserable Karens these days, It's always old white women that have a problem with everything. Fun little rant, enjoy your day!
It's the age of the Karens. They must be stopped. From a satire site:

Keep up with your awesome self, @sparechange

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
BRICKS HERE GET YOUR BRICKS. Buy 1 get 1 free!

High ROI. 2 bricks = guarantee to smash the window for that $300 TV. OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

View attachment 33317

At this point the cop is already in jail, and the ''protests'' are still going on.... it's just looting now

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I mean.. when America falls.. where do you go?

No where. The rest of the world follows suit.

We’re dealing with communist usurpers and their elected sympathizers.

I have a feeling this cop is going to walk free. I can’t see how a second degree homicide charge is going to stick. It just seems deliberate. Either the DA knows more than what’s been reported, or it’s being done deliberately to not get a conviction.

After that the country to going to explode.

D

Deleted78083

No where. The rest of the world follows suit.

We’re dealing with communist usurpers and their elected sympathizers.

I have a feeling this cop is going to walk free. I can’t see how a second degree homicide charge is going to stick. It just seems deliberate. Either the DA knows more than what’s been reported, or it’s being done deliberately to not get a conviction.

After that the country to going to explode.

I mean.. when America falls.. where do you go?

I've never been to America, but no one is looting or protesting in Europe as we speak...and to the question "where do you go", i'd tend to answer "anywhere with democracy, capitalism and rule of law" and these three tend to be tied together, fortunately.

Funny thing, when I went to ski in Bulgaria, I saw appartments that sold for 15 000€ (and less) because they had built too many and demand had crashed. So yep, with 15 000€, you can live in a great ski station, Greece and the Mediterranean is 2h30 away and food and services are super cheap + you benefit from all the advantages of being in a EU country. Great for people that start earning an income with an online company.

Attachments

• fastlane.jpeg
    fastlane.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 15

didicoimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 1, 2020
Brazil
Hi FLF

Good podcastas about Business/entrepeneurship podcasts to listen?
Thank you all!!

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Hi FLF

Good podcastas about Business/entrepeneurship podcasts to listen?
Thank you all!!

Morgan77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jan 1, 2020
I've never been to America, but no one is looting or protesting in Europe as we speak...and to the question "where do you go", i'd tend to answer "anywhere with democracy, capitalism and rule of law" and these three tend to be tied together, fortunately.

Funny thing, when I went to ski in Bulgaria, I saw appartments that sold for 15 000€ (and less) because they had built too many and demand had crashed. So yep, with 15 000€, you can live in a great ski station, Greece and the Mediterranean is 2h30 away and food and services are super cheap + you benefit from all the advantages of being in a EU country. Great for people that start earning an income with an online company.

Just saw a place for 12k on a golf course at the bottom of a ski resort. Perfect.

How's the skiing out there? My old boss had a place and when he last went, there was just not enough snow at all which must've sucked.

D

Deleted78083

Just saw a place for 12k on a golf course at the bottom of a ski resort. Perfect.

How's the skiing out there? My old boss had a place and when he last went, there was just not enough snow at all which must've sucked.

I liked it a lot, of course after one week, you'll had had the time to do all the slopes, but the infrastructure quality is the same as the French's for 1/3 of the price (if not less) and you have many other ski stations around anyway (Borovets in Bulgaria, others in Romania). To me, the greatest advantage is the diversity: it is not only a ski station, but also a small city, highly internationally driven (meaning, it's not really local anymore) and close to many things: Greece, the Black Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, you have three airports in the area (Sofia, Nis, Skopje, maybe Thessalonik), you can easily go to Kosovo to drink the best coffee in the world; to Serbia for the cheapest meat in Europe; to Bosnia for the best ice-cream ever! The Balkans are truly amazing, there is a densed number of different cultures, foods, languages. We shouldn't forget that the area is the crib of our civilization (Greek philosophy and democracy).

About the snow, global warming is a worldwide problem, but it just means that you'll be able to ski less during the year.

There aren't many downsides, except maybe for the fact that the area is at the heart of important political and security issues, but I do not believe this creates significant direct problems for inhabitants, more for politicians.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.