The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anyone's had their sleep out of wack since the summit? I was consistently waking up at 6 and now I'm so sleepy and groggy every morning I end up waiting until last minute again. :/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Possible short squeeze? Other than Panasonic turning a profit, I don't see how Tesla could gain that much value so quickly. Maybe we will see some news over the next few days.

I would half expect that after the price settles, it'll head back down to the 600 area.
Well that thought didn't age well... TSLA at $920+/- I didn't put on any options trades but it is tempting to play a reversal.....

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Just reading the article noticed a very interesting question:
"question is whether further centralisation of the internet is, inherently, a bad thing"

One might think that, "no it isn't" and that all advocates of decentralization are just loonies.

There is one word missing from the question above:
the word "now".
If you ask yourself if its bad "now" you might answer
"no it isn't".
But as soon as you add the word "now" you realize that there is future of this thing.

When considering future you might ask:
Can "in the future" centralized internet be easily turned into "bad thing".
And the answer is yes.

Maybe its not bad "now", but if countries centralize internet, make it hard to decentralize and put it into hands of wrong people then you might see why little word "now" can turn whole thing on its head.

(the article)

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

wow,I feel sorry to hear that.

They needed more verification protocols rather than just sending money to someone who sent fake instructions just because they have a similar email address.

These days with all of the technology available anything can be faked and anyone can be a target.

my understanding is that there is insurance for this but good luck getting them to payout, better claims than this get denied.

Last edited:

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
9:56pm on a Saturday night and I've got my nose to the grindstone (and distracting myself on here) to fill an order of £1800/$2300 that my business got in the week. Love it.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlGPpS9hl0&t=137s

Just watched Titanic and its funny how you catch things you didnt catch the first time.

I first saw this movie when i was a kid and when it was released in a double VHS.

I just realized how magnificent and genius this ending was. Rose dies and is reunited with everyone in an alternate heaven like reality.

Cried like a baby. Genius ending.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlGPpS9hl0&t=137s

Just watched Titanic and its funny how you catch things you didnt catch the first time.

I first saw this movie when i was a kid and when it was released in a double VHS.

I just realized how magnificent and genius this ending was. Rose dies and is reunited with everyone in an alternate heaven like reality.

Cried like a baby. Genius ending.

Dude. Wtf. Use the spoiler button! We got ppl in here who don’t even know what Titanic is. Sheesh.

ETA: Dude!! I see you laughing yet you haven’t edited your post to use the green spoiler button thingy! We have tiny tots on this forum that haven’t fallen in love with Leo yet! Fix it!!!!

2nd ETA: My bf says I’m bossy but he loves me anyways..hehehe...

3rd ETA: My kids thought Titanic was amazing. They used boat references for a month after watching it. It was so sweet!!

4th ETA: I’m hyper af tonight! I had espresso at dinner. Oops.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Just reading the article noticed a very interesting question:

One might think that, "no it isn't" and that all advocates of decentralization are just loonies.

There is one word missing from the question above:
the word "now".
If you ask yourself if its bad "now" you might answer
"no it isn't".
But as soon as you add the word "now" you realize that there is future of this thing.

When considering future you might ask:
Can "in the future" centralized internet be easily turned into "bad thing".
And the answer is yes.

Maybe its not bad "now", but if countries centralize internet, make it hard to decentralize and put it into hands of wrong people then you might see why little word "now" can turn whole thing on its head.

(the article)

Related (abstract) thought:

"Centralized" always implies "efficiency."

"Distributed" always implies "resilience."

You can't be both entirely centralized and distributed. You can't be both perfectly efficient and resilient. Adding resilience duplicates effort and adds redundancy, so it is not efficient. Optimizing efficiency focuses effort and reduces redundency, so it is not resilient.

Both can be the right choice, sometimes. But when they are out of balance, centralization poses the greatest risk. Why?

Because centralization focuses systems down to a single point of failure. If you deliver all goods via one enormous river, blockading that river is the end of goods. Controlling that river is absolute power. Draining that river is genocide.

If you deliver goods via 10 rivers, disrupting one river only increases the load on the others. It only controls one region. The system adapts to its destruction.

Your body already knows all this. It has arteries and major veins for efficiency, buried as deep as possible. It has capillaries and small vessels for resilience, so that a shallow cut on your shoulder doesn't kill the arm.

People struggle with this concept when they are in power. They envision themselves within the heart, and they design a system that is one great artery leading out from it. Only rarely do people come to realize the advantages of federalist republics or democratic city-states or other distributed forms of governance. The same is true of technology, standards, industry associations, and any organized group of people. We may design our systems well at the outset, but the people who come after see their own vision; the vision of one great river, one great artery, one governing body.

Centralizing the Internet will work like centralizing anything else. This is the essence of centralizing.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
best-i-can-do-is-69000-dollars-for-toilet-paper-mineral-water-hand-sanitizer-coronavirus-pande...jpg

say-hand-sanitizer.jpg

We in the wrong business:

25853156-8101575-image-a-6_1583957488882.jpg

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
This is the sign at the front doors at the local Sears store at our mall today.

Surprised they didn't have an attendant selling sheets of tp for the restroom. Maybe that would help bail them out of their financial troubles.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
ugh today i went to the store for a drink (spent some time shooting some basketballs) and had no healthy options to choose from.

coke, pepsi, redbulls, vitamin water WHICH CONTAINS SUGAR!!!

jeez, ended up going back home and grabbing water from the tap. recently I've been flavoring my water with vitamin C packs that contain energy boosters and some other vitamins.

for all the health people out there, are these ACTUALLY healthy? or am I being scammed by brilliant marketing?

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
ugh today i went to the store for a drink (spent some time shooting some basketballs) and had no healthy options to choose from.

coke, pepsi, redbulls, vitamin water WHICH CONTAINS SUGAR!!!

jeez, ended up going back home and grabbing water from the tap. recently I've been flavoring my water with vitamin C packs that contain energy boosters and some other vitamins.

for all the health people out there, are these ACTUALLY healthy? or am I being scammed by brilliant marketing?
Why would you want to flavor water? What wrong with plain water?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Why would you want to flavor water? What wrong with plain water?

I like drinking stuff with flavor that has 0 sugar. Juice is expensive to buy for me and these vitamin packs are quite cheap.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
How not to loose time and energy online right now:
(gotta click to reveal)

Last edited:

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
These past few weeks have made me realize just how little corporations care about the people that work for him, and how badly I need to get out of this cycle.

The only reason, and I mean the only reason, I have a corporate job right now is for the benefits. That's it. My wife works from home on her own business but it's not enough to support us right now. I wish she could expand and I could stay at home and take care of everything else.

I hate what I do. I'm miserable from sun up to sun down, and it just keeps getting worse.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.