The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
No man, you gotta dig. Can't wait for it to light up like a lightbulb. Go actively searching for it.
[/QUOTE]
Ok but dig where exactly?? I do not know what I am searching for.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Fun fact: this figure has barely changed since the 1920s. Just thought I'd share. Even when women got the right to vote, then every race, etc. People don't go vote. Good? Bad? idk anymore since the representatives are all made from the same material, no matter the school of thought.

I've never voted, and most likely never will. Everyone is a scam artist at the end of the day, conservative, liberal doesn't matter.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
And another thing, bloody grumpy elderly males, i dont see you glued to your phone screen all the time, what is wrong with you all? Lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've never voted, and most likely never will. Everyone is a scam artist at the end of the day, conservative, liberal doesn't matter.

Most of the people I know in America that vote they do because they want to exert their right, but the common theme seems to be that they don't think their vote makes a difference anyway. Back at home it's mandatory and a federal holiday so it's kind of a Super Bowl type of Sunday were you go vote and then hang out with the family lol. But there too it's like you are just trying to vote the lesser of two evils. Very discouraging.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone following Tesla stock? It's rocketed up in the last few days, nearly doubling.

I've never seen a stock act like this outside of bio-tech/drug stocks. Really fascinating. (No, I don't anything TSLA)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Anyone following Tesla stock? It's rocketed up in the last few days, nearly doubling.

I've never seen a stock act like this outside of bio-tech/drug stocks. Really fascinating. (No, I don't anything TSLA)
It is a nightmare for hedge fund. I think it is the most shorted stocks by professional investors.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Possible short squeeze? Other than Panasonic turning a profit, I don't see how Tesla could gain that much value so quickly. Maybe we will see some news over the next few days.

I would half expect that after the price settles, it'll head back down to the 600 area.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane

it's being crazy, so unusual in the stock market as you said, I think it's overpriced, but who knows... I will probably be selling TSLA (on my demo account :rofl:)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
It is a nightmare for hedge fund. I think it is the most shorted stocks by professional investors

Yeah it is one of the top shorted stocks. Thats some huge losses.

Just proves over again that when the entrepreneur sizzles like an isotope its supersedes traditional wall street fundamentals.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The Iowa Caucus Debacle -

If you haven't heard, the Iowa caucus results were delayed because a new app they used didn't work right, and results had to be manually counted.

News outlets are blaming the app developer, Shadow Inc., for the problem. Seriously?

From what I've read, they sold this app for $60,000 to Iowa for use during the election. They've made another sale of it to another state for the same price, and then were paid $30-$40k for another piece of it by someone else. That's a grand total of around $150k.

Let's run some numbers, shall we?

A high end developer is about $100/hr as an employee. This is the kind of person you'd want doing the development work on something like this. A high end QA person is around $60/hr. To make the math easier, let's pay everyone $80/hr.

You'd want some profit in the deal. Let's just say you are wanting to keep 30%. In nice round figures, you have a development budget of $100k.

That works out to 1250 hours worth of development and QA time. 2 developers and 2 testers. Each person can spend about 300 hours on the project. That's just shy of 2 months of 40 hour weeks.

That's plenty of time for a decent app that needs to work most of the time. This app isn't that.

This thing needs to work, absolutely, without a doubt, flawlessly. It needs to not crash. EVER. It needs to quickly report results in a way that is traceable and not hackable.

Ok, so how do we make sure that it works? The only way to do that is to do a full scale test of the system. Anything less, and you're asking for trouble. How many different types of phones and operating systems will this thing be used on? Each one needs to be tested. Which internet connections will be used? They need to be tested. What happens when 5000 users try to report their results every minute? That needs to be tested as well.

Picking a number out of the air, that's a million dollar testing budget, and could easily be a lot more. But your total development and testing budget is $100k.

So...whose fault is this? If you hire a 15 year old to build a bridge for you, and the bridge collapses and kills 100 people, whose fault is that? If you hire a 30 year old to build a bridge, but force them to do it with 1/10 the budget that everyone else is quoting, whose fault is that?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Guys take a look at this:

View: https://youtu.be/AWWWAaTI6nk

Are they like, mocking people or am I just not understanding?

"DONT GET MAD you are doomed ha ha"
Even before i looked up etrade website i knew that they do awful thing of stating real problem (ie being scripted) and providing scam as a solution (its a theme, gurus do that).

Then i looked up website. Here's live quote from it:

"For savers and investors, there's one foundation for building wealth you may find useful: compound interest."
(emphasis added)

If someone is long enough on this forum, he/she would know what's the sane opinion
about "compound interest".
(not sure if its in MJ's books)

As for offer - it's scamming the already scammed people.
It gives me shivers.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Will anyone be attending Startup Grind's 2020 Global Conference this upcoming Tuesday and Wednesday in Redwood City, California?

Because I'll be there and meeting up with some forum members would be awesome, especially during the pub crawl and closing happy hour!

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
What kind of Youtube videos do you want to create? And why?
Sadly I am not sure entirely about content, I have a few video ideas written down, and a script of 500~ words I need to finish up and record.
I might have a bit more clear view of a niche, but it's not super specific.
I suspect that with more content (taking action) that would become clearer with time.
My problem is the huge amount of action faking Ive been doing.

Why? I can't really think if something better for me to do. I want to talk about things im interested in, and in that way teach and entertain people.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

noliver123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 31, 2020
So I just got done looking at the U.S. national debt and it says the current taxpayer on average owes in total about $870,000 dollars that to me being an analyst is a little concerning being as it is the average person makes around a million in there life time any thoughts on an economic collapse due to debt to inflation ratios

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@sparechange That video was interesting. It highlights why I now see most philosophy as ultimately a waste of time.

The truths are not found in logical proofs. The mind is born empty and knowing nothing, and that forever remains true at a fundamental level - it cannot even prove reality exists.

The mind can never prove the point of it all. So it fallaciously concludes there must be no point.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
According to google best image for "Becoming Fashion Blogger" ad is random piece of something rusty.
But hey! It caught my attention :rofl:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Gals, when you marry someone - be mindful.

Guys, when you marry someone

... well...

be careful

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX6NztnPU-4

I've been thinking about death lately......interesting video

OOF

My own existential crisis got triggered. Basically all you can do is make sure you enjoy the present because one day you're just not going to be.

The wife thing killed me. He says "at least we got to embrace it together" but I hope he had someone embracing him.

Things that are worth watching but also make me think "why did you watch this we're not gonna sleep tonight"

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
OOF

My own existential crisis got triggered. Basically all you can do is make sure you enjoy the present because one day you're just not going to be.

The wife thing killed me. He says "at least we got to embrace it together" but I hope he had someone embracing him.

Things that are worth watching but also make me think "why did you watch this we're not gonna sleep tonight"

Enjoy life, I'm trying to be more present in my own. Maybe it sounds crazy, but today I stopped on my way to work to look around at the sky and birds, ducks and beautiful things around me.

Knowing one day I'll never get to appreciate something like that ever again.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Gals, when you marry someone - be mindful.

Guys, when you marry someone

... well...

be careful

View attachment 30472

Brah read their whole story... 1) They were already married before Amazon were started, they met at work and she's well educated, she had a good job to begin with. 2) She HELPED him start Amazon and run it, quit her job to move to Seattle with him, was the accountant the whole time they were bootstrapping the whole thing, and also played her role as a parent. 3)They were married 25 years or so, they just grew apart. They had an amicable divorce. This isn't a gold digger story. Marriage is a partnership, don't ever get married with that mentality. This is another divorce with a bunch of extra zeros...

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Brah read their whole story... 1) They were already married before Amazon were started, they met at work and she's well educated, she had a good job to begin with. 2) She HELPED him start Amazon and run it, quit her job to move to Seattle with him, was the accountant the whole time they were bootstrapping the whole thing, and also played her role as a parent. 3)They were married 25 years or so, they just grew apart. They had an amicable divorce. This isn't a gold digger story. Marriage is a partnership, don't ever get married with that mentality. This is another divorce with a bunch of extra zeros...
@point 2) - that reminds me of wife of and founder of Baidu (the Chinese search engine).
I read somewhere that he invented basically the same thing as Google (he was studying in US around that time) but hesitated for 10 years* until his wife encouraged him to try build Baidu in their main land.

I don't want to get serious (seriously i don't have much strength for it now),
but you must admit...
She got pretty decent R.O.I.:playful:**

* I don't know where i got number 10 from, quick research shows that baidu was incorporated 2 years after google.
**If you can turn your sarcasm detector for brief second - its just a joke.
Quantifying human's life isn't my thing. Thanks for posting the whole picture.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
And people at my work just eat this stuff up, accept it as their reality. Meanwhile I'm sweating just thinking about waiting that long.

Also, love the asterisk at the bottom (hope as a tactic).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.