The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Listen to the story here at 22:00

View: https://twitter.com/AKASpencerScott/status/1733228357439922541

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Example
* $500, 750, 1000, 1000, 2500 (toss low bids)
* $5000, 6000, 6500, 7000, 8000, 10,000 = $7,000 average
12,500, 15,000, 25,000 (toss high bids)

$7,000 makes it pretty likely you'll get it finished in a reasonable amount of time without too much pain in suffering.
That’s true, but personally as a newbie entrepreneur without proven cash flow, I’d NEVER pay a developer $7K to build an app. I’d much rather do it myself.

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Not even I know if my ideas will work, and I’ve been working as an entrepreneur or self-employed for the last 12 years or so.

So yeah. I think it’s easy to get scammed as a starry eyed entrepreneur with big dreams. The world is structured to kill your dreams and feed you to the lions, not to make them happen.

I believe first you have to make the dough, then spend it.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
That’s true, but personally as a newbie entrepreneur without proven cash flow, I’d NEVER pay a developer $7K to build an app. I’d much rather do it myself.

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Not even I know if my ideas will work, and I’ve been working as an entrepreneur or self-employed for the last 12 years or so.

So yeah. I think it’s easy to get scammed as a starry eyed entrepreneur with big dreams. The world is structured to kill your dreams and feed you to the lions, not to make them happen.

I believe first you have to make the dough, then spend it.
Also I will add to this with the typical disclaimer of years + years in software development.... $7k is tiny to build anything in the software game. The only shops you are going to really pick up are low quality ones if they would even do anything in that range one-off (yes, yes, exceptions to everything I know!).

Perspective - a top software engineer can make that in a week (slowlane) with zero risk. So now you bring in some company to do it and lets say they have to make their margin by charging you double their cost for an engineer but most likely some contract shop won't have the best of the best working for them so let's cut it in half. So now you are looking at them paying someone $1750 for a weeks worth of work (1/4th top tier eng salaries) or ~43/hr.

Then deduct anytime they value on the sales side and you can start to see there can either a) be very little time spent on your initiative by an engineer (meaning more bugs or coming to you for more cash down the road to continue) or b) them paying drastically less for subpar engineer talent in most cases for this business model to even make sense.

Believe it or not some shops litterally charge you to finalize a quote because they need to bill you for a technical project manager to analyze / estimate the project scope (software project estimation is perhaps one of the most studied fields so large quotes are hard). And even then I gurantee there will be clauses they will be doing their "best effort" with estimating and that there is no gurantee the project doesn't go over in cost.

(And remember the above it talking about something viable to be built in a single week).

Last edited:

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022

I'd ALWAYS pay a developer $7K with $100K in pre-sales sitting in the pipeline. Or even $50K. Probably even $5K. Just not $0K. That's 1-2 MONTHS of work @ $25 - $50 per hour. Not where I'd play. And DIY isn't an option for the 99% of people here who don't know or don't care to learn how to build an app or can find a better use of their time than coding.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I'd ALWAYS pay a developer $7K with $100K in pre-sales sitting in the pipeline. Or even $50K. Probably even $5K. Just not $0K. That's 1-2 MONTHS of work @ $25 - $50 per hour. Not where I'd play. And DIY isn't an option for the 99% of people here who don't know or don't care to learn how to build an app or can find a better use of their time than coding.
Well, if you have comparable levels of sales, sure, why not. But most of these people have 0 sales to start with. As for DIY, how would you REALLY know if coding it yourself isn’t a better use of your time? These are the sort of things that you can only figure out in hindsight.

Serito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Dec 24, 2013

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Count how many WTF's you said while watching this:

View: https://youtu.be/qLogAWubsKU?feature=shared

Great work for such a young man. The call was very predictable for an experienced sales person. The surprising thing is not even that a 14 year old could learn how to do that. That part can be coached…

the real shocker is when he listed that he was on a stage in front of 100,000 people (if I heard it right).

Second, I am skeptical that this was a real call and not staged for video view. If it was staged, then he’s even smarter. Because he’s building up an empire of followers!

Lastly, if real, he didn’t make $10K in under 4 minutes, he secured a commitment that cost him a lot of prep time (like having created multiple 1 million views videos, public speaking etc) and now he has to go and deliver. It’s no different than for adults. I’ve always found it easy to sell, the hard part comes when you have to deliver the goods. If he promises the $100k extra PROFIT within a month or two, now his promotions and his speech better deliver that ROI that he promised. Otherwise, it’s a short road…

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

View: https://youtu.be/qLogAWubsKU?feature=shared
Imo, this is embarrasing beyond belief. I’m embarrassed just watching the poor kid spew lie after lie on the call. Wtf has the world come to?

He’s lucky he didn’t call me, I would’ve left him traumatized. Gary Vee, Grant Cardone, the best of the best?! Wtf? These clowns are very far from being best at anything.

These tactics he’s using only work on consumers and stupid people. If he had called Bill Gates or Warren Buffett talking that way he’d have been kicked out the door immediately.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
If he promises the $100k extra PROFIT within a month or two, now his promotions and his speech better deliver that ROI that he promised
Doesn’t matter for these guys, they still pocketed the cash. Even if it delivers the return for 1% of the people he speaks for, that 1% will still sing his praises and he’ll get money from everyone. So why does he care? Only those who sing his praises will be remembered in his advertising and future promos

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I felt like I needed a shower after listening. I also felt like it was staged and he was talking to no one.

Obviously he's a fanboy of the Jordan Belforts of the world and the other hard sell sales gurus. I can't imagine this type of "sales pitch" working on any CEO who owns or leads a large organization.

For me, being 14 is impressive enough. IMO, the used car salesman persona is a stain on his whatever he's achieved.

Clearly he is talented and driven which I hope he channels into something meaningful other than high-priced seminars.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Hey all I don't know much about the kid but if I understood his answer right in this interview he admits to it being staged: Confronting a 19 yr old “Millionaire Visionary” on alleged scam (at around ~33:30 mark).

Edit to add: I agree on the schtick being overbearing if you know the likes of what he studied to act like that - you can see it simply as regurgitating. It is 100% not the business/industry I would ever want to operate too. But I will say in the interview above I actually got some respect for him (or more than I thought I would going in with how he comes off) - very calm under pressure and articulate in my opinion which seems to be the opposite of the flood of comments you will see on that channel (which I think largely is just a symptom of the audience the interviewer has which seems to just be a sort-of hate/mob mentality).

Just going to stress: I know next to nothing about him - the guy could be as bad as everyone/the interviewer is letting on but I feel if you go into that interview with a blank slate he definitely held his own despite the constant accusations and tone.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I visited Yahoo today for the first time in probably 6 years, had to login to an old email account.

Gee, ya think they're worried about something?

screenshot-www.yahoo.com-2024.01.10-10_42_44.png

I think the last time I visit HuffPost was when Bush was president. Unless it involves local issues like property taxes, I gave up voting years ago as it is pointless. However, seeing this type of persecution and derangement is what drives people to vote, even when they hate the guy.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
huh the fastlane have to do hard work well now its hurting my scores also i got 50% in maths(g10) today when i got the score well atp i have no clue what to do maths dosent get in my brain!!!!!!!!!!! and now the slowlane people around me abusing me i have no future im just ranting out here to clean my mind.
Do practice papers and make your own notes.

It is just a game. Practice makes perfect.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It's the 1st of January 2024.

I'm 29, haven't had a job for a year, lost 90% of my blogging income for violating CENTS, live at my parents', have no clue where I'd like to go live as I've already lived everywhere, have no work experience, no prospects for finding a job, no girlfriend, and my friends hardly want to hang out which I can't blame them for.

I just have this forum to tell this to, which I'm really grateful for.

This year will be decisive. Wish me luck.
No ill health. No bankruptcy. A good start to be honest.

A rebel/revolutionary just needs to succeed once, while avoiding captured/killed.

You are still in the game at early stage.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Risque branding, not only do you benefit from the goodness of your product, you benefit from the novelty of having it.

1705078904242.png

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Try making homemade fries in it. I use mine for that all the time.

Steps:
Wash 2 russet potatoes
Slice up potatoes into fry shapes using a mandoline
Wash fries in a colander
Throw fries in the air fryer basket, and put some olive oil, salt, pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic powder on them
Shake the fries up and then put them in for 15 minutes at 400F
Make sure to flip and shake halfway through
Enjoy with ketchup!

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Motivated by MJs new profile pic, have been prioritizing ab training to heal a tweaked lower back. Goal is clean up the form and do 100 consecutive reps of the wheel rollout.
View attachment IMG_2542.mov

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!