The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blue is mine. I am indeed working on a project. Got a lot pitches from “marketer” which has 100k of bots followers, claiming to do tweet for me and charge 50-300 dollar range.

That picture is a pure bot who doesn’t even comprehend my reply.

I also received dm from accounts claiming to single women from other countries.Textbook scam in the 90s.

Saw lots of funny dm for just being on Twitter for two weeks.
Twitter is just a waste of time for me. I post occasionally and there's no reach. When I did have engagement it was because I was posting a few times a day. But the people who engaged were hiding behind avatars. I had no idea who they were. I much prefer LinkedIn and Facebook.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
For the past 7 days, I keep testing negative for covid, but I have terrible symptoms. Brain fog all the time, can’t do anything, fever, diarrhea, post nasal drip, nausea. Whatever flu is floating around, it’s bad. Fever has eased, but the other symptoms still present.

I’ve never experienced something this bad before.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
A RE question: my dad passed away this year, leaving me with half a detached house.
For renting it out, I d need to invest 100k for 1300 € monthly.
And I don’t like renting out very much, as here the laws are quite against the owners.
Using it for my siblings will make it stand empty for maybe 2 years now.
Selling: prizes are down now. We could get maybe 360k now. Had been maybe 500k 2 years ago.

What would you do?
Hire a financial advisor to help you in your decision-making. Taxes can be tricky in Germany.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I've been testing SamCart's checkout vs Shopify. SamCart is supposedly "conversion focussed". So far, Shopify's checkout is converting 300% better than SamCart's :rofl:
I’m thinking of making a course about ecommerce and how to avoid all these absolute waste of times that gurus teach

I spent months one time building this insane funnel with thrive cart and upsells etc, got more sales from the ads from people going to my Shopify than I did from the funnel I was actually sending the ads to

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I’m thinking of making a course about ecommerce and how to avoid all these absolute waste of times that gurus teach

I spent months one time building this insane funnel with thrive cart and upsells etc, got more sales from the ads from people going to my Shopify than I did from the funnel I was actually sending the ads to
Haha yes! SamCart does have a better AOV (about 20%-30%), so I'm gutted it takes Shopify's $2000 plan to be able to use a similar feature. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds. With my revenue I think it's actually worth splashing the $2/mo, something I have to think about.

It would be great to have better info out there. I'm tracking and keeping detailed notes on my tests, I'll turn them into an expensive book sometime next year. The amount of BS is incredible, people talking about this stuff only have experience being "gurus" and running guru funnels.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

I've wanted to try Shopify, but every time I consider it, I fall into sunk cost fallacy because I've invested boatloads into wordpress and other systems (including ThriveCart) and Shopify seems like it isn't all-inclusive so I'd have to pay for similar systems all over again.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Haha yes! SamCart does have a better AOV (about 20%-30%), so I'm gutted it takes Shopify's $2000 plan to be able to use a similar feature. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds. With my revenue I think it's actually worth splashing the $2/mo, something I have to think about.

It would be great to have better info out there. I'm tracking and keeping detailed notes on my tests, I'll turn them into an expensive book sometime next year. The amount of BS is incredible, people talking about this stuff only have experience being "gurus" and running guru funnels.
What’s the feature?

This is another thing

All the good apps are hard to find because the App Store is full of shit

And the ones everyone talk about are expensive junk with fancy marketing and affiliate programs

Reconvert for example is $80 a month and way better than that clown Ezra’s One Click Upsell that everyone raves about which if I remember correctly costs $100s a month and takes a % of revenue

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
What’s the feature?

This is another thing

All the good apps are hard to find because the App Store is full of shit

And the ones everyone talk about are expensive junk with fancy marketing and affiliate programs
I want a "Add this product to your order" button, a bump offer, on the checkout page. Editing the checkout page (yourself or with apps) is only possible with Shopify Plus ($2k/mo).

And your point on the App Store being full of shit is so true. The reviews are being gamed, app devs give good support setting the app up and ask people to review the support... which is useful, but it's not a review of the app and how it performed.

EDIT: I just checkout out ReConvert... the demo on their website is pretty slick, going to try that out, thanks for the recommendation!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I've wanted to try Shopify, but every time I consider it, I fall into sunk cost fallacy because I've invested boatloads into wordpress and other systems (including ThriveCart) and Shopify seems like it isn't all-inclusive so I'd have to pay for similar systems all over again.
Picking up pennies in front of a steam roller

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Picking up pennies in front of a steam roller
Hmm, I'll have another look at it. I'm a bit concerned about the learning curve, but if it's that much better, I'd rather set it up early on then continuing with another Wordpress site.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
For the past 7 days, I keep testing negative for covid, but I have terrible symptoms. Brain fog all the time, can’t do anything, fever, diarrhea, post nasal drip, nausea. Whatever flu is floating around, it’s bad. Fever has eased, but the other symptoms still present.

Take care its wave of flu bugs I think. That happened to my place last year too where people cant stop coughing.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I met a couple who opened a yoga retreat which they run for 3-4 months a year and makes enough money.

They get their customers from the equivalent of booking.com but for yoga retreats.

Also my yoga teacher earns €200/hour and works 5-10 hours a week.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Random thought. I'm currently reading "Factfulness" by Hans Rosling. It starts with a quiz that measures how well you understand the world. I scored a high 10 out of 13 and felt pretty good about myself.

Even though I'm familiar with a lot of the content, the book is a great reminder of the world's progress since 1800, especially after the 1960s. I would highly recommend it to anyone who tends to think in terms of "us in the West versus the rest of the world." It's enlightening for those who might say, "In Africa, this and that happens," or "People can't do this and that there." Also understanding that humanity has obliterated problems of the past like infant mortality and hunger. It made me feel grateful to have been born in this era.

Halfway through, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Bill Gates recommended it. It's an amazing read that helps cure ignorance and puts you in an abundance mindset.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uooRe07mYM&ab_channel=BillGates

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
They find a way to justify it.

But MY team won! WE won!

No champ, you sat on the couch and earned nothing. Instead you won first prize in the How to Waste Your Life tournament.

We call it Pleb-ball

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Fast for like 3 days. Get a ton of electrolytes. Sodium, potassium, and magnesium. No calories. You'll kick the side symptoms.

I also watch old John Wayne movies when I'm sick to remind me not to be a little bitch.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Lol I wasn't sure so sorry about that.

Kuala Lumpur is a great alternative to Singapore. It's much, much cheaper but offers pretty much the same. Maybe not as clean but still super, super modern, multi-cultural and safe.
More nicer food too...which might convince some vegans to relax their diets awhile:hilarious:

I felt everyone kept cleaner ever since the pandemic and its spray-and-pray practices.

As for safe...I have a lot to say about road traffic lol, as well as the lack of walkable routes to connect me from one LRT train station to the next feeder bus stop or landmark. But we could have done even worse...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But it wasn't stealing, it was the creation of equity as per Meta's mandate.1702567377794.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
More nicer food too...which might convince some vegans to relax their diets awhile:hilarious:

Vegan food in KL is easily available and super, super good (plus cheap).

As for safe...I have a lot to say about road traffic lol, as well as the lack of walkable routes to connect me from one LRT train station to the next feeder bus stop or landmark. But we could have done even worse...

Lol that is indeed crazy. Our first Grab driver taking us from the airport to our Airbnb fell asleep while driving over 100 km/h. We were super cautious with every next driver. And yes, walking isn't great. But personal safety otherwise is IMO high.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Vegan food in KL is easily available and super, super good (plus cheap).

Lol that is indeed crazy. Our first Grab driver taking us from the airport to our Airbnb fell asleep while driving over 100 km/h. We were super cautious with every next driver. And yes, walking isn't great. But personal safety otherwise is IMO high.
Try Indriver...another competing ride app I have been using more and more of.

While rides on Indriver aren't as readily available as Grab (but catching up), the fees are more reasonable as you can tweak them and drivers bid for them.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
They find a way to justify it.

But MY team won! WE won!

No champ, you sat on the couch and earned nothing. Instead you won first prize in the How to Waste Your Life tournament.
Supporters of a team that wins end up with more testosterone than at the beginning of the game.

Supporters of a team that loses end up with less of it.

It's due to social status which your brain is constantly (subconsciously) monitoring.

The more status you have, the healthier, happier, and longer you live - and the other way around. Charisma and confidence are likely derived from status too.

Yet another reason to get rich.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Do you guys find that you don't speak with some team members for months? Like I speak almost daily to my partner, our CMO and our COO, but there are some team members that I haven't spoken to once in 3 months lol! I don't find myself being a very communicative leader, and prefer to be in my shell and get out of the way unless there is a pressing problem I have to solve. Recently we brought in 2 new team members, one of them I don't even know their name, and have no idea why they were hired or what they're meant to do – it's surreal to think that the whole thing can happen entirely without me :rofl:

We've grown so fast that about 4 weeks ago, I have entirely stopped marketing. No more posts on LinkedIn, nothing, complete radio silence. I actually don't want more clients now, I'm waiting to onboard 6 new clients next week, and this will be the last batch for the year. I'm more preoccupied with finding more team members to expand the team atm.

I have to say though, business is so much easier with a support network. When you're in that startup phase without any structure, little money and weak systems, it's so painful. But now, things sort of happen like magic, I don't even know they do, but they're happening!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.