The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New house in Boise is 31% off. $363k down to $250k.

Have you moved yet? You've been talking about it for a few years. I remember Mesquite NV being in the conversation, Wyoming, and a few others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
After years of thinking you Linux guys were crazy, I finally see what some of you like about it.

I’ve been an Apple guy for like 25 years now. I still consider myself one, but I’ve been teaching myself about cybersecurity and Linux is a huge part of that field. So I picked up a little Samsung laptop, one of those ones that folds back on itself, and dropped Ubuntu on it, and damned if it isn't a great little laptop.

The touchpads on the Macs are still about a billion times better though.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Have you moved yet? You've been talking about it for a few years. I remember Mesquite NV being in the conversation, Wyoming, and a few others.

I moved to Northern Idaho, but home prices are still too high, so I have not bought a house yet. There is no crime here, everyone is nice and many are armed. The ability to buy groceries at Midnight has slowly grown on me. I plan to buy in the next few months since prices aren't crashing like I expected. There is apparently an endless supply of Californians moving here. The other places I seriously considered were Mesquite NV, Fernley NV, Evanston WY, and Wasilla AK. I dropped the marijuana requirement because it often gave me motion sickness.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
After years of thinking you Linux guys were crazy, I finally see what some of you like about it.

I had Windows tablet that was pretty slow that I wasn’t using enough (because of its slowness).

So I tossed Linux fedora on it and decide to just “send it.” I didn’t bother partitioning it or anything. If it didn’t work well, I just planned on giving it to someone who wanted to mess with it.

It’s a pleasure to use now. Missing support for the webcam, but I don’t use computer cameras anyway.

If I could reliably run Hindenburg on wine, I’d be done with Windows.

Another option for your tablet might be to turn it in to a Chrome Book using Chrome OS Flex (acquired by Google)

https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/sxi3fh View: https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/sxi3fh/put_chrome_os_flex_on_my_old_surface_pro_3_and_it/

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
There is a big increase in the number of courses for the 3D JavaScript libraries ThreeJS, P5, BabylonJS, etc. I expect this will eventually lead to the creation of 3D JavaScript Application Libraries and Frameworks. Sort of like a 3D version of React or Angular, or a 3D version of Laravel or Rails.

Currently these 3D web applications are built entirely by hand, but the best practices will eventually be generalized in to frameworks. The programmers making 3D websites call themselves "Creative JavaScript Coders". In the future, I expect front-end developer skills will be referred to as "React/Angular/Creative"

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lol, I used to read CNET for tech news. I still check back out of habit every now and then, and it is 100% trash now.

I just checked the site to see if I am missing out on not going, and nope, still pure trash. Their front page article is about how in order to reduce your carbon foot print and save money, an excellent thing to do is to turn off your Christmas lights when you are not home. They then go on to explain how it even saves cash during this time of rising costs. They then say that the average house spends an extra (extra!!!!!!!!) $16.48 on running Christmas lights. Wow. An entire $16.48. So by turning off your lights you can save literally pennies a year, AND reduce your climate change causing carbon foot print.

Turn off those Christmas lights everyone!!!

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Lol, I used to read CNET for tech news. I still check back out of habit every now and then, and it is 100% trash now.

I just checked the site to see if I am missing out on not going, and nope, still pure trash. Their front page article is about how in order to reduce your carbon foot print and save money, an excellent thing to do is to turn off your Christmas lights when you are not home. They then go on to explain how it even saves cash during this time of rising costs. They then say that the average house spends an extra (extra!!!!!!!!) $16.48 on running Christmas lights. Wow. An entire $16.48. So by turning off your lights you can save literally pennies a year, AND reduce your climate change causing carbon foot print.

It could be worse, you could be living in Europe where the bolsheviks would be telling you to calm down on your Christmas lights to prevent a global outage. Of course this is YOUR RESPONSABILITY, and it has nothing to do with THEIR CHOICE to turn off nuclear power plants and stop buying cheap energy from Russia.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

You think thats taking into account that basically all Christmas lights these days are LED? That seems like a really high number for a month of running tiny LEDs. Even considering the current energy prices...

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
It could be worse, you could be living in Europe where the bolsheviks would be telling you to calm down on your Christmas lights to prevent a global outage. Of course this is YOUR RESPONSABILITY, and it has nothing to do with THEIR CHOICE to turn off nuclear power plants and stop buying cheap energy from Russia.

Yup... chickens roosting with this one. The UK is warning of planned power cuts this winter. Nothing certain yet but it's on the table.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
FUD allways and everywhere.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
There is a big increase in the number of courses for the 3D JavaScript libraries ThreeJS, P5, BabylonJS, etc. I expect this will eventually lead to the creation of 3D JavaScript Application Libraries and Frameworks. Sort of like a 3D version of React or Angular, or a 3D version of Laravel or Rails.

Currently these 3D web applications are built entirely by hand, but the best practices will eventually be generalized in to frameworks. The programmers making 3D websites call themselves "Creative JavaScript Coders". In the future, I expect front-end developer skills will be referred to as "React/Angular/Creative"
Looks like there are some beta versions of being able to run unreal engine with js too

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
73neg2.jpg

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Is there a cow shortage? Why is a half gallon of milk $7?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
7DB265B3-0FA1-4C72-BEB3-445F8C9DA524.jpeg2D2C31E7-FF75-4D2F-8F3F-AD103FADD575.jpegIs there a cow shortage? Why is a half gallon of milk $7?
Probably something to do with the factories burning down and bumper crop supply demand .. I dunno I’m not a farmer but without this stuff how do you feed your cows?

Oh and then there’s this too..

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Probably something to do with the factories burning down and bumper crop supply demand .. I dunno I’m not a farmer but without this stuff how do you feed your cows?

Oh and then there’s this too..
And this thing

There are thousands of farmers in telegram from all over the world going pretty crazy about this stuff. You should have seen the Netherlands protests. Farming is getting screwed right now. Like.. everywhere.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
And this thing

There are thousands of farmers in telegram from all over the world going pretty crazy about this stuff. You should have seen the Netherlands protests. Farming is getting screwed right now. Like.. everywhere.

Maybe I'll just buy 1 milk cow and keep it in my back yard. Jeez...

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
If anyone wants a feel-good, wholesome, sappy, tear-jerker, uplifting series of videos to binge-watch during this holiday season, the East Idaho News Secret Santa videos are going on now. These have been one of my favorite things to watch at this time of year for a few years now.

Here's one example to get you started.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yarnw-es9ec

(And I've got to think that the Secret Santa behind giving out $1 million in gifts every year this way must be a fastlaner or entrepreneur. What a fun way to structure your philanthropy!)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Hate twitter or not, but here’s the thing…

I just spoke to Grant Cardone on Twitter Spaces about real estate. That’s F*cking awesome that I can talk to the guy just like that. Easy. That alone made Twitter worth it for me. Much love to Elon!

Like Grant, we are still doing deals and think it’s an opportunistic time to do well while buying good real estate.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Not sure if anyone has encountered this before while using 3PL fulfilment services.

What if you ship some goods there for storage but the warehouse staff says they only received say, only 24 out of 32 items? And there's 8 missing? And what if the chances of the factory sending only 24 is very low but the warehouse side is the more suspicious party?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Last edited:

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
1 Melbourne council addresses gender imbalance of statues.(can we just stop right now please).

We've had a lot of stuff with statues in the last few years - people being pressurised to remove statues because the person was involved in something unpleasant, even though it was hundreds of years ago. One mob dragged a statue down and threw it in the local river because the guy made a lot of his money from slave trading, even though he'd spent it on a range of "good things" for the city. There were calls for Cecil Rhodes' statue to be removed from the university it's at because of what he did in Africa. There's no mention of whether all the previous Rhodes Scholars will be paying back their fees that I believe had been covered by his legacy as a mark of solidarity.

(Obviously I'm not saying that slavery was good, or that any of the other things that these guys did should be brushed under the carpet, but maybe it would be better to expand on why it was bad rather than just try to erase it from history and use it for education).

As for gender imbalance, or any other kind of imbalance, in principle I'm against giving people statues (or highly paid jobs, or anything else) just to make the numbers balance. If that's the only reason I got one, I would feel quite patronised.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I was trying to use a "Twitter Space" too see discussion of the latest Twitter files dump, and can only see 1-2 lines of messages (in yellow circle). After 10 minutes of trying to see more messages, I gave up. My monitor has plenty of vertical space. I must be using it wrong, because otherwise this is the worst UI I have ever seen.

1670634089511.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Employees are nothing but trouble for business owners. They constantly demand higher wages, better working conditions, and more benefits, and they always seem to be complaining about something. Not only that, but they are also incredibly lazy and unproductive, and they are always looking for ways to avoid doing actual work. In fact, it would be much better if business owners could just get rid of employees altogether and do everything themselves. After all, it's not like employees contribute anything valuable to a business anyway. They are just a drain on resources and a constant source of frustration. So let's all agree to just avoid employees altogether and save ourselves the headache.

Discuss…

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Employees are nothing but trouble for business owners. They constantly demand higher wages, better working conditions, and more benefits, and they always seem to be complaining about something. Not only that, but they are also incredibly lazy and unproductive, and they are always looking for ways to avoid doing actual work. In fact, it would be much better if business owners could just get rid of employees altogether and do everything themselves. After all, it's not like employees contribute anything valuable to a business anyway. They are just a drain on resources and a constant source of frustration. So let's all agree to just avoid employees altogether and save ourselves the headache.

Discuss…

Agreed. We should start a hedge fund that buys big companies and fires everyone but the CEO and turns them all into more fastlane freelance copywriting businesses.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Agreed. We should start a hedge fund that buys big companies and fires everyone but the CEO and turns them all into more fastlane freelance copywriting businesses.
Not like that. Employees to robots.

In a shocking turn of events, the office of Sock World, a company that designs custom socks but outsources its production to China, has announced that it will be replacing all of its employees with robots. According to the company's CEO, the decision was made because robots are more efficient and cost-effective than human employees.

"We're excited to announce that our office will now be run entirely by robots," the CEO said in a press conference. "They never take sick days, they never ask for raises, and they can work 24/7 without needing a break. Plus, they don't mind being chained to their desks, so we don't have to worry about them running off to the break room to make coffee or use the restroom."

The employees of Sock World were shocked and outraged by the news. Many of them had been with the company for years and were devastated to learn that they were being replaced by machines.

"I can't believe this is happening," said one employee. "I've been working here for over 10 years and now I'm being replaced by a robot? It's just not fair."

But the CEO of Sock World was unapologetic. "Look, I know this is tough for some of you," he said. "But the bottom line is that robots are just better than humans. They're faster, more efficient, and more cost-effective. And let's face it, who needs a human employee when you can have a robot that never complains and never takes a day off?"

Despite the outrage from its employees, Sock World is moving forward with its plan to replace them all with robots. And as more and more companies follow suit, it's clear that the future of work is looking increasingly robotic.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Not like that. Employees to robots.

The problem comes when our hedge fund gets too big that we have to hire employees. Then we would have to fire all of those employees too and grow the hedge fund into a freelance copywriting company as well.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
The problem comes when our hedge fund gets too big that we have to hire employees. Then we would have to fire all of those employees too and grow the hedge fund into a freelance copywriting company as well.

AI robots then. Problem solved. ;)

Discipulus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 6, 2022
Boston Ma
Like to post something but it doesn't need its own thread?

This thread is for you!

Thought I'd create a random thoughts and chit-chat thread for anyone who'd like to post something, but it doesn't need it's own thread.

For example, I just learned today that an idea I had years ago for an airport valet service is now reality. Not only is it reality, but it is growing and grabbing funding.

The service is EXACTLY as I envisioned it would be.

OAK and LAX Long-Term Airport Parking : Never Park Again

Darn it!

The old, "Damn, I had that idea!!" strikes again!

That said, I might invest as they are taking accredited investor money.
Actually yes,... yes I do have something I would like to post. Mini backstory. Forty-two years old, family blacksheep, not much had gone the way I wanted, but I am not strung out or a degenerate. Just let my emotions(anger) get the better of me for way to long. I read this line a while ago, and it will stay with me until my dieing day! "Anger is an expensive luxury in which only men of certain income can indulge."- George William Curtis. With that said I have a simple plan, I want knowledge more that anything at the moment, now I don't expect ya'll to hand me that knowledge for free and at the moment, I don't have expendable funds. Is there a contract I can sign, that if one was to help, they'd get half of anything and everything I make for the next... I am Forty-two, let's say tenish years. Is that a possibility? This is how serious I am. I am willing to give up everything to learn how the game is played!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Everytime I eat junk food, especially in big portions (e.g. McDonald's), I feel highly excited before and during the eating process. But after finishing it, I feel very guilty and disgusted with myself. It's like having sex with someone you shouldn't.

-----------------------------

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Watching Kevin O'Leary squirm all over youtube today was fun.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.