The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
So I signed up for this, I like it, the lessons are good, but it seems far from perfect, and it’s not till you sign up that you start to notice.

It recommends some strange moves, it’s probably thinking way too far ahead.

One game I actually broke it it got stuck in a loop and then when it was it’s turn once I did something different it stopped moving it didn’t know what to do.

Just thought I’d leave some feedback for anyone else who sees your post
Oh that's odd. I didn't have any issues with it.
Thanks for the heads up!

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The hair on my left arm has been standing up for 20+ minutes, but the hair on my right arm is normal.

I think this means that I have covid.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Over the last year I’ve grown to like Elon more and more. He’s a real gem and I’m now convinced I’d enjoy talking to him face to face. Which I’m sure I wouldn’t with Gates.

View: https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/status/1517626832241057792?s=21&t=dMYCZj0LrcV4Rr0suGdxnw

Love it when he calls out billionaire hypocrisy and duplicity, the same a-holes flying their big private jets to climate conferences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
“This is pointless”0517C9B4-E623-43F2-8D14-B4F6D1973099.jpeg

Bing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Aug 5, 2011
“This is pointless”View attachment 43131

Reminds me of my (now) wife when my company was making <$3k/month less than 5 years ago. (She wasn't nasty about it, just skeptical; she's not/wasn't an entrepreneur.) Broke $100k last month. She's learning CENTS through my weekly pontifications now

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
1650798734015.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
USA sure likes to cry Russia a lot. Elections suck? Russians did it! Want to frame someone politically for anything? Russians did it! Some part of the world doing something that is their own business? It's Russia! Prices going up for years and then a new war starts? Russia!!!

Woke your countries energy supplies to death and then a new event causes you to rely on Russian gas? It's 100% Russia's fault! It's nothing to do with years and years of woke BS doing it!!!! Damn those Russians.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Do you ever say a word once, have it sound funny, so you say it again a few more times, then you question if it's actually a word, followed by questioning your own existence?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

"The same thing happened today that happened yesterday, only to different people" - Walter Winchell

Saw this quoted by Matt Drudge. Both were reporters / journalists but of very different eras. Very cool to think about

Drudge Report was DEFINITELY fastlane, btw.

for those interested:

There is an untapped niche here for the younger conservative crowd. Babylon Bee is getting it, but they're missing the ones who aren't religious or who come from other faith backgrounds.

Drudge fills a very specific niche, but it is the old media format. Some of the new stuff is way too content heavy. There's an opportunity here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Sir i need little help
I am unable to upload pictures on forum using attach file option. Is uploading not previlaged to new contributer? Please help
Try using the Insert Image icon. Or use CTRL+P when you've clicked inside the reply box

1650848748658.png

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Try using the Insert Image icon. Or use CTRL+P when you've clicked inside the reply box

View attachment 43143
I tried usign inserting too yesterday.
And sir i use forum on smartphone, i dont have a computer.
When i click on the icon you showed and then click on that black box agin it just doesn't work.
I have raised a quary

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Any plumbing experts in here? It's a national holiday here in Portugal, so can't get any professional help before tomorrow unfortunately. Maybe some of you know what could be wrong.

We just moved into our new apartment 3 weeks ago, and yesterday our neighbour's from downstairs rang the door to tell us that they a bit of water leaking from their bathroom ceiling the last couple of days.

I checked our shower drain and it was absolutely clean. Which I also find a bit odd. Isn't it supposed to be a little clogged up with hairs and stuff? Does this mean that the filter doesn't stop the hairs and it just goes into the drain and clogs it?

Then today my wife was washing the dishes in the kitchen, and I heard some strange sounds from the bathroom. I heard them before when I was washing a glass or something in the last couple of days, but didn't really pay attention to it.

Then I went to the bathroom to find water coming out of this thing:

IMG_20220425_101612.jpg
IMG_20220425_101622.jpg
When I looked into it it looked like it hasn't been cleaned since the 2nd World War.

IMG_20220425_102146.jpg

The sounds i heard doesn't appear when I shower or use the bathroom sink. Only when the kitchen sink is used. Can it be a clogg somewhere between the kitchen and the bathroom?

I will of course make sure to call a professional tomorrow. But any advice on what the problem could be, and if I can use the bathroom sink at least untill the problem is fixed would be great.

EDIT: Just tried to flush the toilet and a bit of water started dripping down there as well. Also from the bathroom sink when I turned it on. Worst is from the kitchen sink. I poured down a liter of water in the kitchen sink, and almost all immediately filled out in this hole (not sure what to call it) in the bathroom.

EDIT2: Looks like nothing drips when flushing the toilet. Only from the sinks and the shower.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Does anyone have a recommendation for some kind of voice search app? I need a way to search call recordings for specific words so I don't have to listen to the whole damn call all over again to find one thing.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Any plumbing experts in here? It's a national holiday here in Portugal, so can't get any professional help before tomorrow unfortunately. Maybe some of you know what could be wrong.

We just moved into our new apartment 3 weeks ago, and yesterday our neighbour's from downstairs rang the door to tell us that they a bit of water leaking from their bathroom ceiling the last couple of days.

I checked our shower drain and it was absolutely clean. Which I also find a bit odd. Isn't it supposed to be a little clogged up with hairs and stuff? Does this mean that the filter doesn't stop the hairs and it just goes into the drain and clogs it?

Then today my wife was washing the dishes in the kitchen, and I heard some strange sounds from the bathroom. I heard them before when I was washing a glass or something in the last couple of days, but didn't really pay attention to it.

Then I went to the bathroom to find water coming out of this thing:

View attachment 43147
View attachment 43148
When I looked into it it looked like it hasn't been cleaned since the 2nd World War.

View attachment 43149

The sounds i heard doesn't appear when I shower or use the bathroom sink. Only when the kitchen sink is used. Can it be a clogg somewhere between the kitchen and the bathroom?

I will of course make sure to call a professional tomorrow. But any advice on what the problem could be, and if I can use the bathroom sink at least untill the problem is fixed would be great.

EDIT: Just tried to flush the toilet and a bit of water started dripping down there as well. Also from the bathroom sink when I turned it on. Worst is from the kitchen sink. I poured down a liter of water in the kitchen sink, and almost all immediately filled out in this hole (not sure what to call it) in the bathroom.

EDIT2: Looks like nothing drips when flushing the toilet. Only from the sinks and the shower.
Sounds like your main drain is clogged just after the kitchen sink.

Your kitchen sink drains to a main pipe and when that main pipe is clogged the water backs up and comes out your drain. Is that drain the lowest one in your apartment?

When water comes out that drain and it pools it finds the lowest point in your wall, goes through that and down onto your downstairs neighbor’s ceiling.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Does anyone have a recommendation for some kind of voice search app? I need a way to search call recordings for specific words so I don't have to listen to the whole damn call all over again to find one thing.
Otter.ai is good at that. You can can upload your audio (or record your zoom calls) and then do word searches for keywords.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
88587B06-9ED6-4640-A850-24B3F4D1E1F3.jpeg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
"Somewhere along humanity’s cultural progression we seem to have confused comfort with contentment, but I now realized that contentment doesn’t come from comfort; contentment comes from living through great discomfort."

- Dean Karnazes

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
“This is pointless”View attachment 43131
The Twitter account who created that graphic is Visualize Value if anyone is interested.

Posts a lot of good stuff similar to that one.

View: https://twitter.com/visualizevalue/status/1513160031612682242?s=20&t=z8K8ZcXSHGsg0k9nW6H7BQ

Also on Insta

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.