The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just found out that error 403 FORBIDDEN ERROR is a thing.

Like bro, when did Google ads turn into a dnd campaign.

Just when I thought my website was fine... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well at least I won't have to go through that error again and I have chatgpt to help me troubleshoot.
Everyone thinks it starts at Step 1: Get ads running.

There's a few hurdles beforehand.

Step 0.1: Create account.
Step 0.2: Get billing details approved.
Step 0.3: Get keywords and ads approved.
Etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
Taking some time to focus on honing my quality of gym workouts and diet, I realised just how much gym principles translate both into living a good life and entrepreneurship; and the more I've been reading from Atomic Habits, the more this just rings true:

- It doesn't matter how much you know about something, if you can't do it right when actually trying. No matter how well you know the physics of the squat, if you fall over with the bar when actually trying to do it, it all amounts to nothing. Motion =/= Action.

- Alone is good, but companionship is oftentimes better. Sure, you can go to the gym alone and hit some really good sessions, but if you have a close-knit group of friends to be accountable with and hype each other up, it's way more enjoyable. (but please don't hog the squat rack to do calf raises, I'm trying to get some working sets in :rofl:)

- It's easy to start something when it's right in front of you. Environment is EVERYTHING. You do good things and learn good habits when your environment is good. "All the good are friends of one another" - Zeno of Citium , father of Stoicism.

I know I had more of these, but I sadly didn't bother writing them down. Anyhow, this is why I think that taking care of your body is the best way to learn how to take yourself holistically. I'd love to see more people in shape nowadays. *cough cough modern western diet cough cough*

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... The Giga Stacy

FodVJuKXsAAA0oS

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Sometimes I thought client F*ck-ups, shit sales funnels and partners who let you down, were the worst things to ever happen to me. I was wrong...

You know what's worse?

Turning sick with high fever...in a sudden nationwide heatwave...and you're stuck in MANY family disagreements, where the other party refuses to work with you or compromise in any way. All at the SAME time.

My sibling somehow worships his appointment-setting online job SO much till in EVERY conversation we have...even with the parents...he is still on his phone tapping away. No amount of nagging will get him out.

He has also started leaving out many roles as an older brother.

After many, many squabbles, I realised ultimately I had to live as if I didn't have a brother at all who could help me. Doesn't mean I have to cut him off...simply that to handle the parents and personal matters, I need to do them myself.

I can't say I know everything, but I will try. I am still alive after all.

I'm still coughing now, and parked a 1 litre water bottle next to me to stave them off.
Trying to pick back up on my projects...start with the easiest, and break down the rest...

I noticed I have not been to the Forum for so long...and I am sometimes not sure what I should write.
I'll write here and there when the prompt presents itself.

There was much that had happened, which I hope could be of use to you folks.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Imran Khan was arrested yesterday in Islamabad, Pakistan. Within hours, the entire country erupted with protests and fires. Tons of govt assets and buidlings razed. An army GHQ in Lahore was set on fire yesterday and surprisingly the army let the people inside.

If I had to sum up the situation, its total chaos. This is quickly turning into a civil war. Two provinces including the one I live in have already asked for army reinforcements.

I am getting tf out of this country. Surviving inside this mess feels impossible let alone becoming unscripted . It's time for me to start preparing to move outside.

Martial law and total anarchy looms over the Government. Again.

#rip

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Imran Khan was arrested yesterday in Islamabad, Pakistan. Within hours, the entire country erupted with protests and fires. Tons of govt assets and buidlings razed. An army GHQ in Lahore was set on fire yesterday and surprisingly the army let the people inside.

If I had to sum up the situation, its total chaos. This is quickly turning into a civil war. Two provinces including the one I live in have already asked for army reinforcements.

I am getting tf out of this country. Surviving inside this mess feels impossible let alone becoming unscripted . It's time for me to start preparing to move outside.

#rip
Very scary, sad to hear. I hope you are able to stay safe. The whole world seems to be in a bit of an unstable political situation right now.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Does anyone have any advice? -

a family member (immediate family member) that is unsuccessful and lazy beyond means, with a fixed mindset continues to spit the following poison on me.. And from what I've read I believe I'm dealing with a deep narcissist:

"I read all the books you read when I was younger, it's all BS, trust me, you'll come back to earth. You're just living in fantasy land right now. One day you'll realize."

My response is "No. I don't want to realize. Whatever "realize" means in your world, I want to do the complete opposite. I will never "realize"."

What do you want me to realize? That life sucks and I should just suck it up? Like W-T-F?

Hearing this once sometimes messes up my motivation and emotions for hours. Causing me to question myself.

Has anyone had to deal with this? What did you do? Is the best option to move and get the hell away from them?

Thanks
Healthy version: you just stay away because they’re toxic.

Unhealthy version: you realize that their actual power trip only exists when they can affect you, so you flip that around and basically pretend to be ridiculously unhappy and angry about stuff they’re saying. Bonus points if you realize that you can start manipulating them by acting “slightly” miserable whenever they do or say the things that you actually want them to do.

Super Toxic Exploding Version: Stay in contact with them but never respond to anything they say with emotion. They’ll combust and almost immediately turn into a different person, nicer or angrier depending on what they think your next move will be.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy but I wish I could get paid for stimulating conversation in groups online. I have so much fun just talking and getting ppl to talk online.

ETA: I joined a group that hadn’t had any activity in six months and since I joined there have been 52 members added, convos are happening every day, ppl are making connections.. and today I was like this is such a great group! And five ppl randomly responded with “not before you joined”

So then I went back through the history and sure enough a lot of the uptick in activity happened right after I joined. Fun stuff you learn when you have to have long convos with ppl in a new country do that you can build roots.

Last edited:

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
Can anyone recommend a good email marketing tool? I'm looking for something that will allow me to send around 100-500 emails a day through my domain email.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia

#rip
Looked it up - looks scary alright. Stay safe. The last thing the world needs now is the country with nukes going through civil war.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can anyone recommend a good email marketing tool? I'm looking for something that will allow me to send around 100-500 emails a day through my domain email.

Mailersend for only sending emails.

If you need automations, Mailerlite.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

#rip
So sorry to hear this.

I thought taking down the old PM was unthinkable until the headlines hit.

Oddly your thoughts aren't too far from what I feel about UNSCRIPTION in general. It's no longer all about gaining as much wealth efficiently as I can...it's now about getting tf out of the system before it collapses for real. But already the cracks are turned into leakages.

Where do you plan to head to?

A more relevant thread here:

From the last time I read that thread though, one major opinion was to consider less-developed countries as a means of escaping the political drama of the West...but now I guess we have to rethink things.

I guess we have to choose which political dramas we can live with...or insulate ourselves from.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy but I wish I could get paid for stimulating conversation in groups online. I have so much fun just talking and getting ppl to talk online.

ETA: I joined a group that hadn’t had any activity in six months and since I joined there have been 52 members added, convos are happening every day, ppl are making connections.. and today I was like this is such a great group! And five ppl randomly responded with “not before you joined”

So then I went back through the history and sure enough a lot of the uptick in activity happened right after I joined. Fun stuff you learn when you have to have long convos with ppl in a new country do that you can build roots.
You can, there are a few online memberships that have a community administrator, whose job it is to sort out the community side of their online business, get people talking, help them find resources, etc. I'm sure there are entrepreneurs with online groups that are dead that would pay to have them "working", even if it was a vanity metric.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You can, there are a few online memberships that have a community administrator, whose job it is to sort out the community side of their online business, get people talking, help them find resources, etc. I'm sure there are entrepreneurs with online groups that are dead that would pay to have them "working", even if it was a vanity metric.
Yea I was fishing for those entrepreneurs but nobody pm’ed me to offer me a cool job so.. <insert dramatic voice> guess I’ll just go entertain myself!

Lol. Fr though, thanks man.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Situation in Pakistan is recovering now, thanks to Imran Khan being released 1 day after arrest. That was quick lol. I think we finally have a leader with enough influence who can stand up against the military government.

Just imagine you arrest one person and the whole nation goes into chaos. Next thing you know they are inside HQ's destroying mansions and the so-called "matrix" you worked on creating in the last 70 years.

Business suffers as usual. Elections are gonna happen on 14 May if all goes well. I've seen how fragile the political landscape here is first hand. It'd be wise to move out soon.

P.S. Internet is still restricted

G

Guest-5ty5s4

there's this strange phenomenon where successful people sometimes forget that other successful people exist. They assume they are the only ones in the world who know anything and assume everyone else is dumb. It's so important to remember that the people you meet might be important contacts, might know something you don't know, could be potential clients, customers, investors, or vendors...

See this especially on the forum with some of the heavy hitters stepping on each other's toes. They all think they are the only ones with big businesses...

Seen it firsthand with local guys who have big businesses too... all think "nobody can do this as well as I can," miss opportunities.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I never thought the state of competitive business in any given area would come down to:

1) Answering the phone or email timely

and

2) Actually doing what you say.

In other words, if you answer your customer inquiries timely and do what you say, you're already better than 90% of what's out there.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Does anyone have any advice? -

a family member (immediate family member) that is unsuccessful and lazy beyond means, with a fixed mindset continues to spit the following poison on me.. And from what I've read I believe I'm dealing with a deep narcissist:

"I read all the books you read when I was younger, it's all BS, trust me, you'll come back to earth. You're just living in fantasy land right now. One day you'll realize."

My response is "No. I don't want to realize. Whatever "realize" means in your world, I want to do the complete opposite. I will never "realize"."

What do you want me to realize? That life sucks and I should just suck it up? Like W-T-F?

Hearing this once sometimes messes up my motivation and emotions for hours. Causing me to question myself.

Has anyone had to deal with this? What did you do? Is the best option to move and get the hell away from them?

Thanks

you have a moral obligation to yourself to cut losers out of your life ASAP

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

why not just start your own paid online community?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
What happened to this thread? :jawdrop:

It suddenly vanished as I was reading the last post.

@MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What happened to this thread? :jawdrop:

It suddenly vanished as I was reading the last post.

@MJ DeMarco

It's being discussed internally, should have it back shortly.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
My freelancer from philipine suddenly become uncontactable. He is supposed to assist me to edit my ebook. But anyway I want to talk about a different but related point.

This forum has members from high-income countries and also members from developing nation.

Since most works can be done remotely these days, there is some good chance to match make and collaborate.

A young man needs cash in 20 days….Another dude tied to his job and no time to work on his business..

It solves the freelancing vs hiring debate. Those who could freelance and make material impact should do so. Those who could hire should hire and outsource and not be a solopreneur.

Should the forum has such a section to facilitate such connections? There is already some level of trust compared to total strangers elsewhere.

Last edited:

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
this is just a bit of an observation/rant that I'm sure has been shared here before, but I'm going to rehash it anyway....

Stay aware of your surroundings, it pays to be conscious, observant, and kind. Not being aware of your surroundings and other people in them is hurting BOTH you and them.

The cause and effect relationship of complete unawareness is something that is often attributed to a difference in education, and why some communities seem to be very poor or very wealthy (at least here in Atlanta Georgia where I live). Not always, but it's definitely a start. Communities with a general respect of one another have less crime, better health, and overall live better lives.

Example 1: I live in an apartment with a coworking space and a gaming space, one floor different from each other. For some reason I cannot figure out, these people DAILY come into this space and start yelling at their Facetime calls, start watching movies, etc. There is a space that is NEVER used right below this for loud and entertaining activities, and when I let them know, they simply don't care, and continue on with whatever they're doing: distracting everyone else in the room.

One of the repeat offenders of this had gotten locked out of the apartment complex (which is a $150 fine for us) last night and asked for somoene to come help them in the groupchat.

I was the only one awake to help out, and I would have, but then when I recognized who it was, and said no, because they have done nothing but distract me for weeks. They can pay the $150 fine for being an a**hole and too irresponsible to take their keys with them. Anyone else, I would have helped them out no questions asked. This was a direct cost for them. Awareness and kindness of what they might be doing to conveinence or inconveinence others would have helped here.

Example 2: I bought a new car this week, went into a store for 10-15 minutes to buy a USB cable. The car had 129 miles on it when someone loading a TV into his car (around age 25 or so), ends up not noticing that his shopping cart had got away from him, and rams right into my car while I'm trying to plug the cable in (I made sure not to park near anyone, but this was on a hill so it didn't matter, always park on the top of a hill I guess).

If I was being aware of my surroundings, I would have seen the shopping cart and jumped out and caught it before it hit my car. Inconveinence is the payment I am making for this lack of awareness on my part. I'm aware I'm a clumsy person, so I NEVER let a shopping cart get more than 5 feet from me while loading something.

The guy was nice enough, but not being aware and considerate of his shopping cart is going to end up costing him $$$$ out of pocket, and I know that hurts because he was obviously not a wealthy guy. However, because he was, for the most part, kind, I did my best to shop the cheapest possible way to get a good fix on it, so it would work out for him. I could have gone to the first place and sued for the damages, but I found someone that would do it for $1,400 instead of the $2,100 on the initial quote. If he was a dick about it, I wouldn't have spent 10 hours of my time this week trying to get quotes and resolve this issue as cheap as possible for him.

Karma exists in these two scenarios, do good things and good things will come back to you. Being aware of how others think, feel, and their intentions and desires ends up making you a better businessman (better negotiator), better spouse/friend (less arguments when you understand how others around you will feel about something before you say/do it), and a wealthier person (people tend to help you out when they like you).

Please be kind to one another :)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.