The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Nearly 30% of adolescents, teens in U.S. have prediabetes, study finds​

Not unexpected and I'm betting it is higher.

Economic slavery used to begin with the start of college.
Now it starts in the school cafeteria.

Every food commercial on TV has food filled with junk and ZERO nutritional value. One gazillion dollar industry stimulates your dopamine centers and entertains you, another gazillion dollar industry gets you sick while you enjoy those circuses, another gazillion dollar industry medicates you, and another gazillion dollar industry treats you and everyone pays off the politicians. What a FN racket.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
All of your problems can be solved by finding the right people.

F*cking all of them.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
277253087_1372882673539232_6957941913640565576_n.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
America too.

They've identified the correct problem (after decades of missing it), but now I'm afraid they are formulating the wrong solution.

Trades still face a massive problem: over-regulation and over-qualification. Too many certificates and too many rules.

We are steadily increasing the number of people in trades, which is good (there is still a gap) but we want people who have no education at all to still have a path to work too. They also want it, and need it.

Right now a pipe fitter can go straight into a job as a sweeper or helper and start learning and get promoted but someone like a welder needs more official training, and code reqs and regulations are actually making the supply gap worse.

The code is becoming more strict on top of this supply problem. Double whammy!

It seems to be the path though, all of these continue to decrease competition with more licensing and education requirements, which also decrease the pool of workers and increase costs.

edit: pipe fitting works perfectly now as it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if the government decided to require some kind of license and formal stamp for no reason in the next few years. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if eventually you have to have some kind of license or certification to call yourself a "programmer" by the law, with the way our governments are headed. Half of this forum would be arrested or fined!
Find a trade/semi trade/skilled worksman market that doesn't need licensing and $$$

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Here's an interesting take on the Will Smith controversy. Fascinating that this guy had 11.7k subscribers when I started the video 15 minutes ago. Now he has 12.4k. His highest viewed video before this was 9k views. This video got nearly half a million views since yesterday. I think he's going to wake up and shit himself. According to his banner he's been on Netflix and a few other major media outlets, so I wonder how well known he was before this.

*Edit*
He's gone up 300 subscribers since I wrote the above. 27 videos total on the channel.

Views.PNG

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
How do you charge your EV if your only option for parking is on-street?

Do you have to run a cable from your home across the sidewalk?

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012

In my city (The Hague) our municipality places charging stations/poles next to the parking spots in my street. Living in a city where the majority of the people are living in apartments, this is also the only option for charging EV vehicles.

Perhaps your municipality has a similar program?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Here's an interesting take on the Will Smith controversy. Fascinating that this guy had 11.7k subscribers when I started the video 15 minutes ago. Now he has 12.4k. His highest viewed video before this was 9k views. This video got nearly half a million views since yesterday. I think he's going to wake up and shit himself. According to his banner he's been on Netflix and a few other major media outlets, so I wonder how well known he was before this.

*Edit*
He's gone up 300 subscribers since I wrote the above. 27 videos total on the channel.

View attachment 42818

Been almost 3 hours now. His channel is nearly over 20k subscribers and the views on that video are up over 750,000 (so a quarter of a million views in a few hours). Insane!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Kak interesting website, visual capitalist. I didn't know Kanye was a billionaire, which isn't from entertainment, but his shoe empire.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak interesting website, visual capitalist. I didn't know Kanye was a billionaire, which isn't from entertainment, but his shoe empire.

Looks like a lot of great stuff to talk about!

Wasn’t Kanye begging Mark Zuckerberg for money a few years ago?

LOL! Shows what can happen and how fast!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

So I missed a very important meeting this morning because my stupid-a$$ iphone was dead from the charger falling out of the hole...

But, immediately ordered an old school alarm clock and a modern, innovative wireless plate-style charger today. So, shouldn't happen again.

Problem? Failure? Correct and adjust... But dammit, iphone jack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

*Edit*

View attachment 42818
Got this recommended to me as well. Haven’t watched it. YouTube algo promoting it heavily it seems

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

(In Defence of Wealth: A Modest Rebuttal to the Charge the Rich Are Bad for Society by Derek Bullen)

@Kak something for you. Just $1 now and ranking #75 in the entire Kindle store.

Interesting interview with the author:

For example:

The wealthy are already highly taxed. We pay the majority of taxes. The top 1 percent of income earners in the U.S. earning over $546,434 a year pay the same amount of tax as the first 90 percent of taxpayers. You read that correctly — the first 90 percent of taxpayers benefit from the top 1 percent on all the roads, schools, hospitals, law enforcement, firefighters, and other government services we all enjoy. For myself, I’m more than okay paying half of every dollar I earn in taxes, however, if I have to pay more than 50 percent it’s no longer a fair game. I don’t mind working for everyone else in the first 6 months of each year, as long as I get to work the last six months for myself.

Lol I bet you won't agree with that last part of working for everyone else the first 6 months of each year.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

You need to move somewhere colder. Guys run extension cords all over the sidewalk in the Winter for their block heaters!

I am sure the government can come up with some awesome mandate and force everyone to do something on all homes for this though. They are good at saving us like that. Government solutions to government problems!!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
He's about to cross a million views now. Only been an hour since 750k

Excellent video.

Really cool to see such a detailed video on body language.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought I'd continue the conversation about that YouTube video here.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Lol I bet you won't agree with that last part of working for everyone else the first 6 months of each year.
Interesting stuff, I honestly believe any formal tax increases in any meaningful way are off the table for both of the parties, they may talk about it in principle but the chances of any formal tax increase being enacted are slim to none. Most people including the experts refuse to believe this, for their own reasons no doubt.

The way you are being taxed is via deficit spending and therefore induced inflation leading to a loss of purchasing power for the dollars you hold or may hold in the future. It's a backdoor tax, I just fueled up at Costco it was around $80 dollars for around 18 gallons or so, around 4.45 a gallon, when I started driving gas $.99 cents, so it cost around $18 dollars for 18 gallons and that was around 2000-2003 timeframe.

Taxes as a way to increase federal revenue are dead at this point and I suspect will be dead until the dollar loses its reserve currency status which may be sooner rather than later.

Cryptos/Gold/Real Estate/Land/etc, may help you avoid paying an inflation tax.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Namecheap continues to make things difficult for Russian users. Now they are telling that they won't serve hosting and mail for .ru, won’t answer support tickets that can be associated with Russian ip or postal address. Initially, they were threatening to delete all Russian accounts outright.

I can understand their position, but won’t ever use them, nor recommend them to anyone.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Namecheap continues to make things difficult for Russian users. Now they are telling that they won't serve hosting and mail for .ru, won’t answer support tickets that can be associated with Russian ip or postal address. Initially, they were threatening to delete all Russian accounts outright.

I can understand their position, but won’t ever use them, nor recommend them to anyone.

Unbelievable, just when I dumped GoDaddy and thought I found a replacement, they go ahead and inject themselves into geo-politics. Why can't these F*cking companies just stick to business?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Unbelievable, just when I dumped GoDaddy and thought I found a replacement, they go ahead and inject themselves into geo-politics. Why can't these f*cking companies just stick to business?

I went to a supermarket today. Grabbed a few things and headed to a self-checkout. I scanned pine nuts and got the following error:

We apologize. The scanned item is not available for purchase because it was manufactured in Belarus or Russia. Remove it from your shopping cart and set it aside.

I'd post the photo of it here but it's not in English so nobody would understand it anyway.

How crazy is that?

They had the item on their shelves already. They have already paid the importer/manufacturer. They aren't going to import more because the sanctions prevent them from doing so.

So there's no point whatsoever in not letting people buy it since it doesn't benefit Russia/Belarus in any way. But looks like they'd rather throw away food than let people buy it just because it was manufactured in Russia/Belarus.

If they really wanted to show solidarity, they could have let people buy these Russian/Belarusian made things and simply donate all the profits to charity helping Ukraine.

This makes as little sense as covid craziness in the last couple of years.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
They had the item on their shelves already. They have already paid the importer/manufacturer. They aren't going to import more because the sanctions prevent them from doing so.
That’s also called shooting yourself in your leg.

Like the money wasn’t already paid to the manufacturer :rofl:

Some people.. no words.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
That’s also called shooting yourself in your leg.

Like the money wasn’t already paid to the manufacturer :rofl:

Some people.. no words.

Senseless virtue signaling at its finest.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I went to a supermarket today. Grabbed a few things and headed to a self-checkout. I scanned pine nuts and got the following error:

We apologize. The scanned item is not available for purchase because it was manufactured in Belarus or Russia. Remove it from your shopping cart and set it aside.

I'd post the photo of it here but it's not in English so nobody would understand it anyway.

How crazy is that?

So there's no point whatsoever in not letting people buy it since it doesn't benefit Russia/Belarus in any way. But looks like they'd rather throw away food than let people buy it just because it was manufactured in Russia/Belarus.

If they really wanted to show solidarity, they could have let people buy these Russian/Belarusian made things and simply donate all the profits to charity helping Ukraine.

this isn't just stupid.

this is... advanced stupid

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

How crazy is that?

This could be a scene in Family Guy

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Excellent article on doomscrolling (scrolling social media/news outlets hooked on bad news). I don't do it myself, but I used to, and I used some of these techniques to stop.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

I use Namecheap. Maybe I should switch. That pisses me off. Way to just screw over average person trying to live in Russia.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.