Hello everybody!
I'm Nick, 20 years old, was born and raised in Germany. My mom, however, is American so I'm kind of half-and-half, I guess... (I currently live near Frankfurt but will be moving to Berlin this month).
That are the basics about me. If want to know more, read on...
A little about my past:
I come from a middle class family where formal education is valued very highly (and no, I'm not Asian).
I went to private school, studied hard and got good grades...
Then when I was 18, I was accepted into a program called "dual study" in which you alternate between working at a company for 3 months and then study (economics + computer science) at college for 3 months with all expenses paid, all for 3 years. This basically guaranteed me a bachelor of science + secure job after the program.
About around the same time, I read "The Millionaire Fastlane ".
It really opened up my eyes and made me realize that being a wage slave is NOT the way to wealth...
Also, I realized that most of the stuff I was learning at the university were things I'd never use again in my life and I HATED the office job after only a couple of months!
But I didn't have the guts to quit: so I educated myself as much as I could on business skills... read tons of books, learned some copywriting, tried to learn to code (realizing that coding is not one of my talents) and MASSIVELY lurked on this forum, lol.
Quitting my job and dropping out of college on the same day:
End of last year I dropped out of the program as I realized that if I stayed with it, it would be very hard for me to say no to a well paying job after the program, which would get me stuck in the slowlane forever. Talking about burning your bridges, eh?
Not being sure on which idea to start taking action on, I took Sam Oven's course on consulting (Sam was one of the first member's of Dane Maxwell's Foundation) to get into consulting to create some cash...
I know that this isn't 'fastlane' either but it did teach a couple skills in marketing, cold-calling etc. which will come in handy as an entrepreneur.
Current Situation:
After quitting my job and dropping out of college I moved back in with my parents... So my goal is to move out to Berlin this month where the entrepreneurial 'spirit' is a little stronger.
Also, I don't want to do this consulting thing for long so I'm on the lookout for needs to be solved to start my fastlane business.
I know, I know... ideas and needs are everywhere. But I want to make sure that the need that I am solving is a promising one. Especially when considering that I will be spending the next couple years of my life on that business.
The reason I joined the forum now (as opposed to 2 years ago) is that I didn't feel 'qualified' before, as I hadn't taken any ACTION yet... But now I feel ready
Also, I have no friends that are entrepreneurial so I'd love to meet some like-minded people through this forum. Just send me a message, I'd love to chat. Don't be shy...
Looking forward to being part of this awesome community!
I'm Nick, 20 years old, was born and raised in Germany. My mom, however, is American so I'm kind of half-and-half, I guess... (I currently live near Frankfurt but will be moving to Berlin this month).
That are the basics about me. If want to know more, read on...
A little about my past:
I come from a middle class family where formal education is valued very highly (and no, I'm not Asian).
I went to private school, studied hard and got good grades...
Then when I was 18, I was accepted into a program called "dual study" in which you alternate between working at a company for 3 months and then study (economics + computer science) at college for 3 months with all expenses paid, all for 3 years. This basically guaranteed me a bachelor of science + secure job after the program.
About around the same time, I read "The Millionaire Fastlane ".
It really opened up my eyes and made me realize that being a wage slave is NOT the way to wealth...
Also, I realized that most of the stuff I was learning at the university were things I'd never use again in my life and I HATED the office job after only a couple of months!
But I didn't have the guts to quit: so I educated myself as much as I could on business skills... read tons of books, learned some copywriting, tried to learn to code (realizing that coding is not one of my talents) and MASSIVELY lurked on this forum, lol.
Quitting my job and dropping out of college on the same day:
End of last year I dropped out of the program as I realized that if I stayed with it, it would be very hard for me to say no to a well paying job after the program, which would get me stuck in the slowlane forever. Talking about burning your bridges, eh?
Not being sure on which idea to start taking action on, I took Sam Oven's course on consulting (Sam was one of the first member's of Dane Maxwell's Foundation) to get into consulting to create some cash...
I know that this isn't 'fastlane' either but it did teach a couple skills in marketing, cold-calling etc. which will come in handy as an entrepreneur.
Current Situation:
After quitting my job and dropping out of college I moved back in with my parents... So my goal is to move out to Berlin this month where the entrepreneurial 'spirit' is a little stronger.
Also, I don't want to do this consulting thing for long so I'm on the lookout for needs to be solved to start my fastlane business.
I know, I know... ideas and needs are everywhere. But I want to make sure that the need that I am solving is a promising one. Especially when considering that I will be spending the next couple years of my life on that business.
The reason I joined the forum now (as opposed to 2 years ago) is that I didn't feel 'qualified' before, as I hadn't taken any ACTION yet... But now I feel ready
Also, I have no friends that are entrepreneurial so I'd love to meet some like-minded people through this forum. Just send me a message, I'd love to chat. Don't be shy...
Looking forward to being part of this awesome community!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
