The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Tip: The Best Business Advice I Ever Got (And It Came From Mary Kay)

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around their neck that says "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life. - Mary Kay Ash

At my company we stray away from words such as "customer" and "client" and prefer to call people we do business with "friends."

So many companies and salesmen today are so worried and focused about pushing prospects down through their funnel that they forget to treat the prospects like important people. And you know what? Those "prospects" know it!

They may like your product or service but they hate feeling like nothing but a stepping stone to the next sale. Sure, you strive to give hem good service and to deliver an exceptional product well worth the money but are you making your new friend feel important and valued? How could you accomplish that? Do you think a person who feels more like a friend, one whos valued and cared for, would be eager to do business with you again?

As the younger generation gets older and becomes the prominent buying force this principal will become even more important. Despite being more connected than ever many of them feel as worthless as ever before! No matter how many social media post they make, nor how many 'likes' they receive, someone they know is getting more. They were led to believe that social media is the sum of ones worth and that they need to be seen, herd, and understood by all. Thats the world they are growing up in and its depressing them just how unimportant they really feel.

Start small. Every day strive to make at least one person feel important. I'm not saying you have to go and kiss their a$$ or supplicate to them; simply put a little effort into making them feel special, noticed, understood, and important. You may be surprised by the results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Nothing but quality from you, @Dan_Cardone. Love this post.

I don't know if I'm just turning into a crotchety old man, but young people don't seem to have a lot confidence, in my neck of the woods at least.

Athena

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Sep 22, 2019
Very good point

Can we discuss ways to make them feel important?

I think acknowledging ones strengths is one way.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
At my company we stray away from words such as "customer" and "client" and prefer to call people we do business with "friends."
Great advice Dan!

...but this is weird...:hilarious:
Can we discuss ways to make them feel important?
Always tell the truth.

If you’re not a good fit for a client then tell them.

If there’s an issue with their processes/systems then make sure they know full well of it and offer to help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.