The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Question On Getting Customers in Web Design

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Fnesse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 30, 2020
Philippines
Quick question,

How do you get your customers?

What I did was pitch to local FB businesses.

But still no luck,

1 turned down

3 ignored

Haha

Just wanted to know how you got your first customers starting out.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!
(•‿•)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom

One method would be recording a custom Loom video that's 5 minutes long and sending it in a cold email to the decision-maker.

--

My process was as follows:

Minute 1: Introduce yourself and say the biz owners first name "Hey Fnesse" + Compliment Website.
Minutes 2-3: State what can be improved: Logo, layout, not responsive, poor SEO. Mention the technicals but most importantly focus on what this is costing them. Most biz owners won't know / care much about how not having a blog can damage SEO, but they will care about their website going to waste and the thousands of potential clients they're missing out on from not having an up to date website.
Minutes 4-5: Quick pitch for my services. Here are the services we provide, here's a case study (If you don't have any previous clients, show a practice website you redesigned), send a reply to this email if you're interested (Create a pitch deck from Canva for this).

With research, recording and writing the cold email, you should be able to average 3-4 Loom videos per hour.

This means 10-20 / day.

100 prospects a week.

Outreach/Meeting Rate might be around 2-4%

You should be able to close at least 1 deal from every 100 of these high quality, personalised cold emails.

100 prospects a week, at least one deal = 1 Client / Week.

--

Hope this helps, good luck mate.

Be a tenacious little F*cker.

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
Quick question,

But still no luck,

1 turned down

3 ignored

Haha

(•‿•)
Do you have any family or friends that have a real business? Starting out from your closest network is the best idea imo.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
One method would be recording a custom Loom video that's 5 minutes long and sending it in a cold email to the decision-maker.
Link in cold email.

That's a big no no and easy way to get your email to spam.

Maybe, what op can do is to include CTA of asking for reply to share the audit and how to improve the site

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I searched for web designers near me. Look at this.

10 pages of results in my area.

Web design is a game of finding customers, basically nothing else.

Screenshot (37).png

If I was going to market a web design firm I would do a few things.

1. I would make some craigslist ads and run them to my website which has a form. This helped me get leads that I could call back at any time and it was profitable. A CL ad is $5 and I would post them in every major city in the country. I'd spend like $25 a day in ads and did a few grand a month in sales all WHILE ON VACATION in Thailand for 2 months.

2. I would buy a list of business phone numbers, or use software to scrape the phone numbers for companies in industries likes construction/home services. I would then use the service 'slybroadcast' to send ringless voicemails for $0.06 a delivered message. I would say "Hey my name is Johnny boy and I was having trouble with your website and I wanted to let you know, give me a call" and send it to a google voice number. When they call back on a google voice number I would put them on speaker, check out their company online and start finding reasons why they should hire me to fix their online presence (assuming they didn't already have a perfect online presence already).

Stop wasting your time doing things in such a manual, non-scalable way. You can go dig a hole in the ground and spend all day doing it but nobody will pay you. There are many actions new business owners take that are the equivalent of just digging a hole for no one. Some of you are trying to do it with a spoon too and are really wasting your time. Do not be one of those people.

You simple cannot write enough emails, dial enough phone numbers, knock on enough doors, etc. to compete with how I can reach people. I use facebook ads, ranking results high for organic search, ringless voicemails, etc.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
1 turned down

3 ignored
Stop quitting after 4 tries...

View attachment 39617

1. I would make some craigslist ads and run them to my website which has a form. This helped me get leads that I could call back at any time and it was profitable. A CL ad is $5 and I would post them in every major city in the country. I'd spend like $25 a day in ads and did a few grand a month in sales all WHILE ON VACATION in Thailand for 2 months.

2. I would buy a list of business phone numbers, or use software to scrape the phone numbers for companies in industries likes construction/home services. I would then use the service 'slybroadcast' to send ringless voicemails for $0.06 a delivered message. I would say "Hey my name is Johnny boy and I was having trouble with your website and I wanted to let you know, give me a call" and send it to a google voice number. When they call back on a google voice number I would put them on speaker, check out their company online and start finding reasons why they should hire me to fix their online presence (assuming they didn't already have a perfect online presence already).

Stop wasting your time doing things in such a manual, non-scalable way. You can go dig a hole in the ground and spend all day doing it but nobody will pay you. There are many actions new business owners take that are the equivalent of just digging a hole for no one. Some of you are trying to do it with a spoon too and are really wasting your time. Do not be one of those people.

You simple cannot write enough emails, dial enough phone numbers, knock on enough doors, etc. to compete with how I can reach people. I use facebook ads, ranking results high for organic search, ringless voicemails, etc.
Bravo.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Quick question,

But still no luck,

1 turned down

3 ignored

Haha

(•‿•)
Offer free service. And look for chance to upsell paid service and get referral.

Fnesse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 30, 2020
Philippines

View attachment 39617

View attachment 39617

thank you.

I thought getting customers was just cold calling / emailing in numbers.

Will now learn more about getting customers in scale.

Thanks for the advice,
Won't let it go to waste.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.