- Joined
- Mar 3, 2014
- Messages
- 36
Rep Bank
$345
$345
User Power: 239%
Just a little background, I'm a 19 year old sophomore in college and currently studying to become a mechanical engineer. As anyone who has ever tried their hand at engineering knows, the work is hard and time consuming no matter what your intelligence level is.
On Top of that,
I'm working 40 hours a week at GE Aviation helping develop auto pilots for commercial jets. Interesting job, most people never even realize that pilots don't even have to land or takeoff, the autopilot does it for them on a good percentage of planes! The work is tough! Lots of days I leave work totally mentally drained, and it's really difficult to do other activities.
To recover from work and school, I weight lift five days a week. Some people think that is a energy draining activity, but I feel a lot better after bending bars for a little while.
The pay from my job is great for a college student, and so far between scholarships, this job, and various other things, I've managed to save up around $12K. I expect that number to be around $16K by the end of the year.
I feel totally drained at the end of the day. I really want to put all the rest of my effort towards learning and trying to start a business, but I just feel like I physically and mentally can't bring my self to put in the needed effort. I don't think I'm a lazy person, but a lot of the time I'm pretty hard on myself for not trying harder.
This is my question - For those of you guys that have worked long hours while starting a business or planning to, do you have any advice for me on keeping motivated and finding time for ventures and entrepreneurial education?
Redacted - found the answer I was looking for!
On Top of that,
I'm working 40 hours a week at GE Aviation helping develop auto pilots for commercial jets. Interesting job, most people never even realize that pilots don't even have to land or takeoff, the autopilot does it for them on a good percentage of planes! The work is tough! Lots of days I leave work totally mentally drained, and it's really difficult to do other activities.
To recover from work and school, I weight lift five days a week. Some people think that is a energy draining activity, but I feel a lot better after bending bars for a little while.
The pay from my job is great for a college student, and so far between scholarships, this job, and various other things, I've managed to save up around $12K. I expect that number to be around $16K by the end of the year.
I feel totally drained at the end of the day. I really want to put all the rest of my effort towards learning and trying to start a business, but I just feel like I physically and mentally can't bring my self to put in the needed effort. I don't think I'm a lazy person, but a lot of the time I'm pretty hard on myself for not trying harder.
This is my question - For those of you guys that have worked long hours while starting a business or planning to, do you have any advice for me on keeping motivated and finding time for ventures and entrepreneurial education?
Redacted - found the answer I was looking for!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
