The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question RE Listing site startup

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

kguldi1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 5, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
After months of going back and forth and doubting myself I have finally decided to dive in and start a business online. I'm currently in the process of building the site but it's nearing initial completion. The site is a local listing site for professionals with a goal of putting customers in touch with the professional. The professional is of course the one paying a monthly fee to advertise on the site which is free to the customer. My question is this: Do I start working on SEO and marketing to draw in customers first even though I don't have any professionals....or do I start trying to get professionals and do the marketing after..perhaps delay charges until I start generating traffic but risk people backing out.

Sidenote....I know local business aren't exactly FL but it's something that can be easily scaled statewide/regional/national if it does in fact get to that point.

Thanks for you help and I'm excited to be part of the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Just to clarify, how is your site different than the MLS or classified sites where people list FSBO's?

Without knowing much, I'd guess you'll have a hard time charging anyone until you have a useful site with a fair number of users. I'd focus on building a useful website for users first and worry about monetizing traffic after.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.