The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Platform kicked me out for listing AFTER WARHOL lithographs, how to deal with that?

Marketing, social media, advertising

reality250

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 12, 2022
Hi at all,
I sell (since 8 years) artworks which most of them are Vintage...at plattforms like ebay, selency , chairish.com, vinteriour etc
This year I signed up at a plattform PANOMO where I listed lithographs after Warhol and some other famous artists like these articles:
Roseberys London | After Andy Warhol, American 1928-1987,Mao;offset lithograph in colours on wove,numbered 223/2400 in pencil, with artist's printed...
https://drouot.com/en/l/21705399-after-andy-warhol-american-192?query=after+warhol&actionParam=recherche
Panomo was giving me about 1500-2000 profit per month. of course I sold 20 items there, which 80% were these prints.
Some dude did a return and a complaint that this print is a "FAKE" since panomo did not mentioned in one of the listings (AFTER) so they asked for certificate.
I send them what I have, and they just decided to close my account, because they look dubious for them.
I put my heart, blood and sweat on listing about 400 items, so I can sell on avarage 15 per month.
Of course, this happens, which I want to move on and seek for other places to sell. But If you look at the leading auction houses, they offer similar prints there, which are legit but of course after the artists, and there is a market and other people also sell them.
I just want to through this off my chest, since hard times are waiting for me and selling these will be not that much profitable since they were selling vintage furniture.
I sell mostly vintage paintings, and would really get an advice, where should I focus my strategy right now? Should I hire a Business Coach? Where should I begin?
I already have some basid solid foundations from keith cunningham... But I want to be in the High-End Fine Art Market so I do not plan to sell on ebay anymore soon, I am very lost right now.
if you can relate and have been in situations like this, please give me an advice.
Thank you in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hi at all,
I sell (since 8 years) artworks which most of them are Vintage...at plattforms like ebay, selency , chairish.com, vinteriour etc
This year I signed up at a plattform PANOMO where I listed lithographs after Warhol and some other famous artists like these articles:
Roseberys London | After Andy Warhol, American 1928-1987,Mao;offset lithograph in colours on wove,numbered 223/2400 in pencil, with artist's printed...
https://drouot.com/en/l/21705399-after-andy-warhol-american-192?query=after+warhol&actionParam=recherche
Panomo was giving me about 1500-2000 profit per month. of course I sold 20 items there, which 80% were these prints.
Some dude did a return and a complaint that this print is a "FAKE" since panomo did not mentioned in one of the listings (AFTER) so they asked for certificate.
I send them what I have, and they just decided to close my account, because they look dubious for them.
I put my heart, blood and sweat on listing about 400 items, so I can sell on avarage 15 per month.
Of course, this happens, which I want to move on and seek for other places to sell. But If you look at the leading auction houses, they offer similar prints there, which are legit but of course after the artists, and there is a market and other people also sell them.
I just want to through this off my chest, since hard times are waiting for me and selling these will be not that much profitable since they were selling vintage furniture.
I sell mostly vintage paintings, and would really get an advice, where should I focus my strategy right now? Should I hire a Business Coach? Where should I begin?
I already have some basid solid foundations from keith cunningham... But I want to be in the High-End Fine Art Market so I do not plan to sell on ebay anymore soon, I am very lost right now.
if you can relate and have been in situations like this, please give me an advice.
Thank you in advance
This shows a violation of control sadly. You had a decent business but at the end you were renting space from a bigger company. I cant tell you what to do so I'll just wish you luck for whatever else you decide to do next

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Nov 21, 2016
I can't say for sure what you should do, but I will say that this unfortunate outcome demonstrates why I would argue that control is the most important commandment in the CENTS framework. All of the other four, no matter how high their upper limits can go, can get wiped out by the simple multiplication of 0 when you have no control over your business. Maybe other artists have suffered through a similar situation and there is a potential to build a platform that protects artists more? I don't really know much about this space but what is certain is that whatever your next step is, it has to include more control. Best of luck man!

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
Hi at all,
Thank you in advance
Sorry to hear that, I hope you can recover soon.
However I would say that the fact that you were making solid revenue from it means that there is definitely a need, this might be the opportunity to try and rock it on your own and sell it on your own website !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.