What's new

Picking up Bad Habits-a startup journey

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Isleofbing

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$270
User Power: 438%
So after about 5 years away, I make my return to the forums with a new execution thread/journal.

For those unfamiliar with me I’m a 41 year old Journeyman Electrician, Former Firefighter/EMT, and self proclaimed handyman.

I’ve spent the last few years attempting to acquire my Journeyman Electrician, and now my Master Electrician licenses.

I work for the local Electrical Union here in Houston, but like most construction jobs there are highs and lows. So I’ve been toying with the idea of starting my Appliance Repair/Handyman company back up. Mainly because I can’t sit at home on my a$$ for more than a few days before going stir crazy.

A layoff last Friday (10/2/27) kinda forced my plans to accelerate so I bit the bullet and opened up “Bad Habit Home Services” this past Wednesday.

I hope to use this post as a sort of Process Journal. I’ve kept my startup expenses really low (less than $100). So far built out the offering, setup a Facebook page, got my page and posts in front of about 100 people. So far no jobs…but it’s only 3 days into the Organic growth experiment. (I could easily spend $300-500 like I did 5 years ago to join a site like Angie’s list, but I decided to give organic growth a chance and try a new method this go round.

I’m trying to treat this like a game, if only to keep my uncertainty and anxiety at bay. Though a lot of my activity the last 48 hours feels unfruitful.

I’m certain of my skills, and my ability to fix people’s problems. But sometimes the market feels saturated with guys like me. Especially during the layoffs. Well I’m going to go do something productive, hopefully gain a little more traction and perspective on this new venture.CF3969E0-0AB2-4569-A335-4627EC28BF40.webp
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni cedl. Eqqmoepdi siqeos tiint moli e huuf qmedi vu ci.
Itqidoemmz xovj vji quus muphiwovz ug nufisp eqqmoepdit.


Emtu, O jewi pu ofie og vjiti EO hipisevif gmzist edvaemmz dupwisv ximm, cav nep O huv todl ug tiioph vjin getv.
Ov't tu ucwouat epf O'mm onnifoevimz qett cz epzvjoph vjev muult moli vjot.
Tiip muvt ug uvjis qiuqmi tez vji teni et ximm.

Zua nohjv xepv vu vsz neloph e tonqmi hseqjod op Depwe epf vitv vjev eheop vji EO gmzis.
 
Jisi't e voq gus zua og xusloph up xetjist/fszist: Uggis gsii fimowisz op iydjephi gus vjios umf xetjis/fszis.

Zua hiv e tvsien ug atif/fztgapdvoupem tvudl vjev xez gus vji dutv ug het. O xet fuoph ov gus e xjomi cav xet puv siemmz e jepft up vzqi ug haz.

O vjopl O vuul 10% ugg vji Dseohtmotv qsodit ug nz dunqivovust epf apovt xuamf timm qsivvz getv. Vjiti fezt ov't nusi Gedicuul Neslivqmedi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom