The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question on Whole Sellers and Retailers

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
If I open my own wholesale company and accept products from various manufacturers, can I simply set up shop and sell those products through my own online retail store? This would allow me to sell everything at a much cheaper price.

Some dude approached me the other day at Barns and Noble trying to sell me on joining an MLM thing. I've been through that before and he couldn't answer my questions about making my own product and having the MLM dudes sell it for me. lol

Anyways, it seems that what's going on is that some advertising company is accepting goods straight from certain manufacturers like apple, MAC, and others and selling directly to consumers through this MLM thing.

If I can sell products directly from the manufacturers to consumers through my own online store front I'd be cutting lots of costs and I can sell products targeted to a specific niche.

If anyone knows how this sort of thing works I'd be grateful to listen to your insight.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
The biggest thing to remember with wholesale is it's just that, whole sale meaning most manufacturers only offer that level of pricing to companies that can buy in quantity. That quantity might be a case, a pallet, or a container. If you have the capital to sit on inventory for a period of time it's definitely an option. Also remember that orders/money talk. They hear from people all of the time that project that they will be selling a 40' trailer a month with in a year and want to start with the trailer pricing for their first order of 12 pieces.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
The biggest thing to remember with wholesale is it's just that, whole sale meaning most manufacturers only offer that level of pricing to companies that can buy in quantity. That quantity might be a case, a pallet, or a container. If you have the capital to sit on inventory for a period of time it definitely an option. Also remember that orders/money talk. They hear from people all of the time that project that they will be selling a 40' trailer a month with in a year and want to start with the trailer pricing for their first order of 12 pieces.

hmmm got ya.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.