The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about my rights and protection

Rtp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 31, 2019
Hello, I am new to this site. My question is, am I protected if I send my design to somebody on fiverr to have them make me a 3D model? What is preventing them from taking my design and calling it there own or selling it to somebody else? Any information would be great. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello, I am new to this site. My question is, am I protected if I send my design to somebody on fiverr to have them make me a 3D model? What is preventing them from taking my design and calling it there own or selling it to somebody else? Any information would be great. Thank you.

Has that ever happened in the history of Fiverr?

Atu

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 23, 2019

You have to consider a few questions:
  1. Do they have the same knowledge about your customer base as you?
  2. Do they have the same access to resources as you?
  3. Do they really want to take a risk of venturing into a market that somebody else (you) is already conquering?
  4. Do they already have a better execution plan than yours?
  5. And you could continue this way for a long time...
Conclusion:
Success lies in execution and the man himself. If they will help you without stealing, you are a winner. If they will steal from you and crash your plan, do not worry - you have an excess of new ideas, don't you...

And best wishes, as only the bold will get his results :)

Rtp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 31, 2019
  3. Do they really want to take a risk of venturing into a market that somebody else (you) is already conquering?
Conclusion:
Success lies in execution and the man himself. If they will help you without stealing, you are a winner. If they will steal from you and crash your plan, do not worry - you have an excess of new ideas, don't you...

Conclusion:

What if I have none of that? I’m just a guy with a concept drawing and an idea that I need to have made in the form of a 3D model. So I need to know if I am protected in anyway.

MB Burnette

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Mar 12, 2019
Texas

Atu

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 23, 2019
What if I have none of that? I’m just a guy with a concept drawing and an idea that I need to have made in the form of a 3D model. So I need to know if I am protected in anyway.

You have two options:
  1. You only need it for yourself. Do not care about copies. Get your one, use it and if you ever meet someone using a copy, just smile at him.
  2. You want to make money of it. Here you started from the end of the work. Forget your invention. Start talking to customers. Make them trust you. Learn about pains and problems they have. Than get to know how much would they give for a solution. With that information get back to design stage, and in the middle-time form a marketing plan.
Best wishes :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.