The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Putting my Armour on and Giving it a Second Chance

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys,

This is me again. Yep, the very same guy who had created multiple progress threads previously but didn't have enough balls to execute them. I had literally created like 5 or so progress threads that are collecting dust somewhere in archives. So, I don't feel bad if most of you ignore me this time. I would probably ignore it too, based on my 0-5 score.

My first attempt at launching a proper business happened roughly two years ago. I was arrogant, very confident in my ability to succeed and too blind to see the real picture - because of my rosy glasses I had admired so much. I had failed, crashed on my face and spent the next 2 years procrastinating, action-faking and indulged myself in most destructive behaviors you can think of.

I've tried to pick myself up. In those cases I had tried creating a progress thread and committing to my goal, which only lasted for couple of days before falling down into the same psychological grave I had dug for myself. This literally happened like 5 times, until most guys probably gave up on following or even believing in me. I don't blame them. Although I am still somewhat suffering from a victim mentality - damn it, it won't do any good and am changing it.

In those two years of isolation my English speaking skills have very deteriorated. Damn, my entire communication baggage got effected. I felt ashamed and tried to escape it for as long as possible. I've had many sparkles of hope of creating a business, but each of them required light English communication skills, which I was convinced I didn't have anymore. As you can guess, my fear was stronger than passion and I had given up again and again.

All changed when I decided to commit on a single, small business idea this December. Most of you know what I am talking about. This single commitment resulted in a slow business growth, I have started making few bob here and there - but my mentality literally turned 360 degrees. Non-arrogant belief in myself has returned. People are insanely happy about the service I provide and regularly say that I may have a talent for what I do, that I am very clever, professional at my craft and so on...you get the idea. All of this somehow gave me hope of giving it another go in a business world...

I gave myself a strict deadline. I have set SMART system for reaching my business milestones and told myself, "If you procrastinate and ignore them, you have time until the end of June. If you fail at reaching most milestones, the only way is going back to the office packed with gossipers." - I dread of this happening, so fear is stronger than passion in this case, lol.

Don't get me wrong. My English still sucks. Although at one stage my English communication was fluent, two years of isolation had its own effect. I am still dreading of breaking the ice and talking to my first client in English - although this business doesn't require any cold calling and requires very light English speaking skills - most people will come to me, I will need to explain them the process and that's it - what documents to send, how long it will take, etc. So, this is so far the biggest obstacle. I know my hands will be shaking and sweating - probably even more than the time I talked to @Andy Black. This fear is a dragon that constantly terrorizes my small village called Hope and I am the warrior who has a duty of slaying it.

There's one guy I particularly admire when it comes to beating fear of speaking in English. That guy is doing sales with English speaking people, but you know what I find damn fascinating? This guy is pushing forward and slowly, but surely succeeding in a sales world without being able to hear and talk - that's a damn LEGEND in my book. This guy is @jpanarra - reps coming your way bro. This guy is pushing forward like there's no tomorrow and I'm here sitting in my skirt and crying that those two years took away my ability to speak English fluently. Damn - that hurts.

About the business: I don't wanna bark too loud (for obvious reasons) so I can tell you only that a demand has been verified and although it's not a billion dollar industry, it can be very lucrative on a national level. I am talking about providing value to commercial and private individuals, helping people to save from 3 to 4 or 5 figures. I have done it before - my process (although far from perfect) is working and people are knocking on my doors already.

There's no direct competition. Zero. I know, they will crawl out - but I am not too concerned about them. I am concerned about serving my customers and perfecting business process so it runs smoothly and quietly under the radar. If I execute this business properly I will automatically become the first (and hopefully) the leading service provider in this industry.

What's more, there's a big guy on the field who has millions of euros in his pockets. That guy is a company well-recognized globally and is dealing in a completely different vertical and (although somewhat overlapping) in a different industry. My long term plan is selling this business to him in 3-4 years if everything goes well.

So, if I pick my balls up I have a chance of the following:

• Being recognized as the leading service provider in Ireland
  • Probably building a network of recognized business-people
  • Helping thousands of people living better lives
  • Selling this business for a price that will allow me to semi-retire
I am not going to write any goals just yet. The biggest goal for the next week is to set up a proper infrastructure. Although I have a process, it has too many gaps to run full steam. My next week's plan is to fix them.

I will have SMART goals that will be revealed the following Friday, but as per now my plan is to simply START by disembarking from this ugly place I had been sitting at for almost two years.

I hope to become another success story that other aspiring entrepreneurs will look up to and provide value to thousands of people in Ireland at the same time.

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Wow brother! Thanks for the shout out!

Keep sharing your story, maybe start documenting your process or experience via you-tube video and practice your english speaking skills and be open to feedback and stuff.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Thanks for sharing! As a habitual failure, I can relate. I took a full year off to clear my mind, work on some personal issues including an addiction I put off addressing and Im ready to go for an attempt starting the summer, all the more wiser, patient and a ton of holes plugged and a new me waiting to emerge and do business at the level I always dreamed of.

Chef

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 9, 2016
Hi guys,

"If you procrastinate and ignore them, you have time until the end of June. If you fail at reaching most milestones, the only way is going back to the office packed with gossipers." - I dread of this happening, so fear is stronger than passion in this case, lol.
Fear is in the back instead of the front, pushing you forward. Great.

I am still dreading of breaking the ice and talking to my first client in English - although this business doesn't require any cold calling and requires very light English speaking skills - most people will come to me, I will need to explain them the process and that's it - what documents to send, how long it will take, etc.
Assuming you're providing value and in-fact helping the customer, you're doing your client a favor by giving him what he needs. Nothing to fear here.

People are insanely happy about the service I provide and regularly say that I may have a talent for what I do, that I am very clever, professional at my craft and so on...you get the idea. All of this somehow gave me hope of giving it another go in a business world...
You're giving this too little credit. Make this a mantra, remind yourself constantly on what you're doing. Others have to deceive themselves to keep moving forwards until they get a positive echo. On the other hand, you, only need to realise and accept the TRUTH.

so I can tell you only that a demand has been verified and although it's not a billion dollar industry, it can be very lucrative on a national level. I am talking about providing value to commercial and private individuals, helping people to save from 3 to 4 or 5 figures. I have done it before - my process (although far from perfect) is working and people are knocking on my doors already.
There's no direct competition. Zero.
Almighty Jesus is giving you this chance with a golden cherry on top!

So, if I pick my balls up I have a chance of the following:
You could say 'I've picked up my balls and now I'm going to get the following'.

Most of the fear is in our heads and amplified by made up imaginary stories,scenarios and problems that are out of our grasp of control or don't even exist at all.

You can't let this slide man, no way!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Thanks folks! Your support is appreciated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.