The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Purchasing tax liens

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Has anyone participated in aquiring properties through the purchase of tax liens? I attended a seminar awhile back that touched on this subject (for details I would have had to purchase their $6000-9000 system). I believe the general "jist" was to purchase the tax lien, then wait to see if the delinquint payment was paid. If it was paid it was paid to you (plus interest), then, if it was not paid, the lien holder would have first rights to the purchase of the property for the cost of the loan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
From what I've heard/read, you could earn a pretty good return on your investment (probably around 15%), but you often don't get the return for years. I believe your investment + interest is only returned to you once the property is sold and the owner can cash out their equity.

I'm not entirely sure on the topic, so please, correct me if I'm wrong.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Thanks Yankee,

How awesome is this website that I can get advise from a 16 year old. I love reading your posts and hope that you continue your quest down the fast lane and influencing those of us that sometimes tend to drag our feet. You are an inspiration to me and I hope to introduce my children to this forum so as they too can be inspired by you and all the other GREAT people/minds here.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Ditto what Wildambitions said!

Yankees338, you seem to have a GREAT head on your shoulders! Keep it going!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.