The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Purchasing tax liens

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Has anyone participated in aquiring properties through the purchase of tax liens? I attended a seminar awhile back that touched on this subject (for details I would have had to purchase their $6000-9000 system). I believe the general "jist" was to purchase the tax lien, then wait to see if the delinquint payment was paid. If it was paid it was paid to you (plus interest), then, if it was not paid, the lien holder would have first rights to the purchase of the property for the cost of the loan.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
From what I've heard/read, you could earn a pretty good return on your investment (probably around 15%), but you often don't get the return for years. I believe your investment + interest is only returned to you once the property is sold and the owner can cash out their equity.

I'm not entirely sure on the topic, so please, correct me if I'm wrong.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Thanks Yankee,

How awesome is this website that I can get advise from a 16 year old. I love reading your posts and hope that you continue your quest down the fast lane and influencing those of us that sometimes tend to drag our feet. You are an inspiration to me and I hope to introduce my children to this forum so as they too can be inspired by you and all the other GREAT people/minds here.

S928

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Ditto what Wildambitions said!

Yankees338, you seem to have a GREAT head on your shoulders! Keep it going!!!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom