Hi everyone, a little about me first: My name is Zane & turned 19 in October 2019. I have 770 credit score, I think the main challenge for me in purchasing a home will be proving my income, but even that I don't think will be too difficult. (Edit, I need to show 2 years self-employed history, will be a challenge... need to wait a year before I'm able to do anything because of this.)
Putting this in the RANT prefix because I'm really in the planning stages right now
My idea/ goal I'm likely to execute is this:
Purchase a ~$350,000 5bd 4ba house here in Las Vegas for 3% down. (~$11,000)
Rent out 4 of the 5 rooms, similar houses including all utilities is about $700 - $800 a month.
The house is pretty nice, 3000 sqft & with utilities included & some basic ikea furniture & washer/dryer I don't think I'd have any problem getting $800 a month for a room.
The monthly payment would only be around $2000 per month max, meaning if I can keep 3 of the 5 bedrooms rented I would be making $400 a month. Rent the 4th room out and it's $1200 a month
I've seen the other threads about buying 3-4 unit housing and I think it's pretty much the same with a house. I checked and didn't really see any appealing units for sale, they are look really ghetto in the trashy parts of Vegas for similar $ amounts. So a 5bd house would be better in my opinion but I'm open to any suggestions.
I know it's been done before many times and I think I know most the risks & liabilities of having bad roommates, not having everything in writing, etc etc. I'm pretty handy, able to fix or repair most things, change out locks myself, etc.. What else am I missing
Goal is to purchase sometime in the next year, maybe Jan 2021 at the latest. Is the market going to collapse again, should I wait, not wait, ....
Thanks for reading my thoughts (rant) and planning, I'd like to hear from anyone who has done similar or has advice for me!
Putting this in the RANT prefix because I'm really in the planning stages right now
My idea/ goal I'm likely to execute is this:
Purchase a ~$350,000 5bd 4ba house here in Las Vegas for 3% down. (~$11,000)
Rent out 4 of the 5 rooms, similar houses including all utilities is about $700 - $800 a month.
The house is pretty nice, 3000 sqft & with utilities included & some basic ikea furniture & washer/dryer I don't think I'd have any problem getting $800 a month for a room.
The monthly payment would only be around $2000 per month max, meaning if I can keep 3 of the 5 bedrooms rented I would be making $400 a month. Rent the 4th room out and it's $1200 a month
I've seen the other threads about buying 3-4 unit housing and I think it's pretty much the same with a house. I checked and didn't really see any appealing units for sale, they are look really ghetto in the trashy parts of Vegas for similar $ amounts. So a 5bd house would be better in my opinion but I'm open to any suggestions.
I know it's been done before many times and I think I know most the risks & liabilities of having bad roommates, not having everything in writing, etc etc. I'm pretty handy, able to fix or repair most things, change out locks myself, etc.. What else am I missing
Thanks for reading my thoughts (rant) and planning, I'd like to hear from anyone who has done similar or has advice for me!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
