The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process, Execution and creating Value

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Starting out with fastlane execution

Hey everyone.
I love this forum. Here too much gold floating around. I can´t sit still.
My goal is to create a better life for my family, friends and me trough the fastlane. (Achieving full freedom). Well thats the goal of pretty much everyone here.
And I am no different.
I know that to be different and to actually achieve that change/goal. There is a lot of execution (on the right things) involved.
So because of that I start this thread.
To keep myself accountable of my progress, problems and action taking, as well as helping some people on this forum trough showing my progress very transparently.

What I am doing right now is starting out with digital marketing as a service-based biz.
This business is a venture to set myself on a flexible schedule and giving more freedom.
Later I will do a fastlane business.
(why the Fastlane biz later? - Because I know a couple of people who actually need help with their local biz right now. ( so my goal is to get them, clients, as soon as possible, learn valuable lessons, gain experience through that and just taking this opportunity. )

The Newbie stage began and I am excited. Excited for a lot of struggle, nerves, but also fun and a lot of experience (lessons).
Hate talking, lets's get right into it...

Progress - Week 1

Last Week was a great week. This is what I personally accomplished:
- Creating landing pages for a family member (who has a nail design business and needs more clients), with the intent to run google ads for her
- I learned google ads through a udemy course, from a guy who is called senator we run ads on yt.
- Through that course I learned a lot about google ads and implemented it right away into a google ads account created for my family member
- Andy Black helped me immensely as well.
These are the problems that appeared:
- The family member doesnt want to spend much on the cost of google ads
- Other family members that I asked (who have a biz) dont want to spend no money on it either because they are not fully confident in the service (as I am - not fully confident in it).
- I dont have data to tell what is right and what is wrong (to optimize the add campaign)
- So I need some way that I can get them, clients, fairly quickly without a big cost first, before doing google ads for them.
- I want to use the same way of approaching this later aswell (= once I get clients trough outreach and not through family, I will offer them this:
I will bring you the first ... clients for free, and if you like the service... then this and that (offer)
- I read trough a thread from Sean Marshall (it was about Chat Gpt), and he mentioned exactly this topic. That there are ways to get your client instant results trough database reactivation and a couple of other ways. these ways are a lot lower on cost (than ads) and they bring resulst faster.
- A bunch of mini problems and just starting out, but I LOVE it!

Feedback: If youre reading this and thinking to yourself, what is this bro doing? Please don´t hesitate telling me what I am doing wrong and what I could do better, I love every feedback, especially in the beginning stage!

This was it for the week with taking action, I will see what I will do this week to solve those problems. And we´ll see eachother again next week.

Wish you all the best
- Maxim

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted88861

Onwards and upwards my friend. Good to hear that you’re sticking at it. In a similar situation to yourself!

All the best with things,

Arron

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
One thing to look into with explaining your services to your family members would be.

1. Understand that you are not great (yet) at what you do.
2. If they allow you to work with them, you will become better and better, thus providing more customers for them as you improve.
3. The more they spend, the more customers they get, and the more money they make. It is how business works.

What are the businesses your other family members run?

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
One thing to look into with explaining your services to your family members would be.

1. Understand that you are not great (yet) at what you do.
2. If they allow you to work with them, you will become better and better, thus providing more customers for them as you improve.
3. The more they spend, the more customers they get, and the more money they make. It is how business works.

What are the businesses your other family members run?
Hey thanks for the info, I will implement that fs! The businesses are: Naildesign Business (local), Ecommerce Business, and I know someone who has his own local Window Repear/Window installation Business.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
Wow, congrats for committing to this with a progress thread. Lots of action here.
I think this thread might help you.

I don't know much about digital marketing, but I think there's a lot of potential here.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Hey thanks for the info, I will implement that fs! The businesses are: Naildesign Business (local), Ecommerce Business, and I know someone who has his own local Window Repear/Window installation Business.
Whichever one you know more about, ie the actual business process, I would pursue.

If it were me, I would run ads for the window business, lead form FB ads, call leads to set appointments for them.

Automate the systems with GoHighLevel and just keep going after that.

Then I’d ask him for a testimonial in return for your free services.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Whichever one you know more about, ie the actual business process, I would pursue.

If it were me, I would run ads for the window business, lead form FB ads, call leads to set appointments for them.

Automate the systems with GoHighLevel and just keep going after that.

Then I’d ask him for a testimonial in return for your free services.
Yes for sure, thanks for the testimonial advice, almost forgot it. I heard that GHL is great for digigal marketing service businesses and agencies, did you use it before? If yes, I would love to hear what work you automated with it and how it helped you the most?

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Yes for sure, thanks for the testimonial advice, almost forgot it. I heard that GHL is great for digigal marketing service businesses and agencies, did you use it before? If yes, I would love to hear what work you automated with it and how it helped you the most?
Use it for landscaping leads and to keep my conversations all in one place.

New lead from Facebook Ad > Put contact info into GHL > Automatically sends text and email > Connects the call to a VA and they set the appointment > Follows up if no answer > texts & email updates for appointments and quotes.

Same thing with website forms. GoHighLevel keeps all the conversations from these sites and email/text.

Plus I can send a google review campaign, newsletter, and more from there.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Use it for landscaping leads and to keep my conversations all in one place.

New lead from Facebook Ad > Put contact info into GHL > Automatically sends text and email > Connects the call to a VA and they set the appointment > Follows up if no answer > texts & email updates for appointments and quotes.

Same thing with website forms. GoHighLevel keeps all the conversations from these sites and email/text.

Plus I can send a google review campaign, newsletter, and more from there.
Thats great! I see you are great at automation, and you even have va's in the automated process!
So you do database reactivation as well if I understood right? With the google reviews (it helps get you more clients, plus you remind old clients about the biz with it?

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Thats great! I see you are great at automation, and you even have va's in the automated process!
So you do database reactivation as well if I understood right? With the google reviews (it helps get you more clients, plus you remind old clients about the biz with it?
Yeah I learned from eBay that you MUST prompt customers and clients to leave you a review.

I send them out each quarter to the clients I completed. GoHighLevel set up is when I change contact stage to project complete, it gives them a tag "review" to send this campaign.

Took me a while to learn GHL, but it's much better than I expected.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress Week 2

The second week´s fastlane progress was going a bit slow.
There were a couple of payment issues for my first google ads launch, that I set up for my family members nail design (local business).
But still I am grateful for this second week, because I became familiar with a couple of small problems (that I would never think of - if I didn´t do the execution).
This is what I accomplished for the fastlane
- Solved a couple of small payment issues

- Finally launched first google ads for client, with the intent of helping the person get more clients for their biz
- Read more of the book "unscripted "

I know this doesn´t seem much, but I did everything I could. (It was a bit more delayed than I thought - but hey we always keep going - and now I will finally see data in the coming days).

Onto the next one
Wish everyone the best
- Maxim

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress - Week 3

I have made some progress, but for me, it's going too slow currently, to be honest, so I am speeding up the process a bit.
I am trying different ways to speed up the process.
Basically, my first google ads launch is receiving its first data, and I am happy that it gets Impressions and Clicks while only using a 5€/day budget.
I am on the 10th day of this first google ads campaign, and I will wait till the month finishes to have all the data, before going in with the budget even more. (Ultimately optimizing this campaign's CTR).

In the meantime, I have sold a couple of old things and have around 120€ on me right now for reinvesting in either the business or some other type of Fastlane asset.
I don´t want to talk a lot, until next week.

I wish everyone the best
- Maxim

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress Week 5

Hey everyone, sorry for the late progress post/tracking, missed the last week´s progress tracking on this thread.
Anyways let´s say that we are in progress week 5.
So the things that I did were:
- continuing to spend a daily budget of around 5 bucks for the nail design business of my mother.
- working on her social media (making it a bit more active).
- Actually brought one client in already for her (even though, the Google ads campaign is still in the first 30 days test phase, without optimizing it a lot - removing bad kw, etc.)
- So the Google ads campaign was already worth it - ROAS or ROI is excellent
- I´ve sold a couple of old things just to get some more budget to spend on Google ads
- A course by Alex Hormozi (aquisition.com) was recommended here on this forum, I looked at it and thought: hmmm, this stuff is actually good and I could implement it into the business I am working on (the nail design biz of my mother).
It is an offer creation course and how to create more value, so that you automatically have a much better product/service and great customer satisfaction with it. Pricing right, and a couple of other valuable lessons on this free course

So what I am doing now, is working on the nail biz website and the offer.
A couple of other things are planned as well.
But that's everything I got to say for now.
Only the action and process count, not what I would say that I plan to do.

Wish everyone the best!
- Maxim

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress Week 6

Did some fastlane progress:
- Created a better offer for the nail biz
- Started working on the second and improving what I did wrong in the first one
- I did some progress socially, I think that this influencer the fastlane journey positively.
- Enjoying it so far, yes it's sometimes blurry but we'll get there.
- While being on a search for "the best way" to improve social media, I looked up Alex Hormozi, and he just helped me understand/reminding myself that succeeding in any area of life = to become successful focus on the activity, not the goal. Focus on the value and quality of the activity and get lost in it, do not focus on the outcome. The outcome is just a positive side effect of the progress and activity. Its the event.
Summed up: I've found much value in Alex Hormozi for the past time.

Wish everyone the best
- Maxim

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress Week 7

"I have lost my focus. A few things have changed recently. We do not have enough money to invest in Google ads, so I have stopped them for now.

However, I know there is always something that can be done. My next step is to create cash flow by getting a job. Now that I have finished school, I am ready to work and will look for a job that will help me learn a skill beneficial to the fast lane.
While waiting to start work, I will utilize my time wisely and help grow my mother's nail design business through free channels like social media, better pictures, adding reviews and testimonials, and setting up a Google My Business account. I realize now that I underestimated the importance of the basics in bringing cash flow to a business.
I went all in on scaling trying to bring much more value to the customers, but without getting the basics right. (Basic value needed by all customers).

But hey, mistakes are lessons that make us wiser.

I will share my progress and how things are going soon. Until then, I wish everyone the best and encourage you to keep going.
Best regards, Maxim"

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Process Week 8 and 9

I have gained some focuse back.
The things I did:
- skewed value trough a product that has many benefits in the nail design business
- Continued reading unscripted
- started writing down noticed problems and inconveniences as a habit (for the next fastlane venture that I will go trough with kinetic execution part of unscripted ).
- I am finally 18
- I created a bank account for myself

Didnt do much at all. I am not satisfied.
Yet.
I'll try to do 3 times more of the things that help progress in the fastlane.
Noticing to many myself.. me..I. haha
This thing is about people.
So pls if u read this post, tell me how you're doing! And what are u workin on achieving?

I Wish everyone a great day
- Maxim

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress Week 10

this was my progress:
I visited a business meetup event in Munich
Unfortunately there werent many people I could network with, that where very succesful.
Instead it was a pretty amateur event, but still many good people

Looking forward:
With that insight, and experience I am going to be visiting more meetups next week and try to become friends with people who are far more succesful than I am.

Plus I am going to be continue doing the improvement on my mom´s nail design service biz.

As always

Have a great day
- Maxim

Last edited:

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress

I‘ve noticed that I completely forgot to continue this progress thread. So big apologies for the people who read this thread.

But I‘ve decided to keep this progress thread for unregular posts of big positive changes in my fastlane progress.

My progress the past time:
- Made very valuable connections with both positive and fastlane/successful people. Through attending business events.
- I got my first client for google ads which I can help and learn the skill better at the same time.

These were the biggest points in my recent progress.

Wish everyone a great day!
Maxim

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Progress

It was a little rollercoaster for me the past couple months. I got my first few clients that I‘m working on rn and doing it almost all for free. It‘s important for me to get them good results with google ads and make them much more money.

Then I‘m going to ask for testimonials and referrals.

I think getting my first case studies after good results is going to be life changing.
Because I‘ve tried doing outreach without any case studies and it didn‘t really work.

Basically I got these clients mainly through networking events and groups in person. And now I‘m doing everything to get them good results.

With case studies I can create my own website and run ads for it. And also do much better reachout with proof and experience in hand.

My goal is to get this whole stuff running so it can sustain me financially.

@Andy Black has been a great help in this whole thing because I‘ve learned a bunch in his „Google Ads Jumpstart Course“.

As always thanks for reading

I wish everyone a great day,

Maxim

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.