I have had two good interactions with cops in my life. It happens. On the other hand, I have been "dropped in the grease" or "thrown under the bus" oh, about thirty or more times.
I am always respectful, but I also show no fear. I find that cops don't like a strong person that does not fear them and is not nervous. There were many times that they could have helped me but didn't. Some were outright lies - many were just "forgetting" to tell me something that I needed to know.
I say these things with one major point - I used to like and respect cops. The reason I don't anymore is only due to one reason - cops. They bring on their own problems.
I once went to court to fight a ticket - and won. The cop was there and stomped out after he had lost the case - in spite of me saying, excuse me officer..." He just kept on stomping off. I said fck you to myself and left. The next day there were six patrol cars in front of where I worked. How very fcking nice. That just took things from me not liking cops to EVERYONE at where I worked - AND their families and everyone they told this to - to not liking cops. Good move you dumb a$$ cops. I just had one follow me last week for about 5 miles - making every weird turn that I made. He finally gave up and went a separate way. Was I scared? Was I sweating? Hell no. I was ready and willing for a confrontation. If he had stopped me, I figure that he already had his mind up to try and ruin my day. That wasn't going to happen - but I might have ruined his. I'm not going to swear or fight - but I will file a report on his dumb a$$ AND follow it up with his supervisor - in no uncertain meek terms.
Although this is long - I'll add one more story. I once had a lieutenant (or whatever the high ranking supervisor is called) visit me and actually tell me to quit calling the police about a neighboring business that was taking OUR private (and marked) parking places every day for their use. I faced him eye to eye and said I would gladly quit calling, as I had more important things to do - whenever he decided to enforce the law and do the job he was paid to do - and until that happened to not ever talk to me and try to intimidate me ever again. He left, and things continued on as before. Eventually, the manager of that business got fired. Several of HIS employees congratulated me on standing up his bullying ways and said they were glad he was gone.
Like I was told so long ago - you make your own bed and you lie in it. Cops have an uphill battle - and it is all due to their own actions.
Cops are not special, and they're sure NOT heroes, and neither are firefighters - so let's drop the hero-worship crap. In fact, if you compare salaries and hours worked, they are both extremely well paid with a lot more benefits than most people have. Let's not even talk about retirement benefits - as they have some of the best. So cry me a frickin river cops - but I'm not buying it.
More often than not, they're bullies. And I've never EVER liked or respected bullies.
I am always respectful, but I also show no fear. I find that cops don't like a strong person that does not fear them and is not nervous. There were many times that they could have helped me but didn't. Some were outright lies - many were just "forgetting" to tell me something that I needed to know.
I say these things with one major point - I used to like and respect cops. The reason I don't anymore is only due to one reason - cops. They bring on their own problems.
I once went to court to fight a ticket - and won. The cop was there and stomped out after he had lost the case - in spite of me saying, excuse me officer..." He just kept on stomping off. I said fck you to myself and left. The next day there were six patrol cars in front of where I worked. How very fcking nice. That just took things from me not liking cops to EVERYONE at where I worked - AND their families and everyone they told this to - to not liking cops. Good move you dumb a$$ cops. I just had one follow me last week for about 5 miles - making every weird turn that I made. He finally gave up and went a separate way. Was I scared? Was I sweating? Hell no. I was ready and willing for a confrontation. If he had stopped me, I figure that he already had his mind up to try and ruin my day. That wasn't going to happen - but I might have ruined his. I'm not going to swear or fight - but I will file a report on his dumb a$$ AND follow it up with his supervisor - in no uncertain meek terms.
Although this is long - I'll add one more story. I once had a lieutenant (or whatever the high ranking supervisor is called) visit me and actually tell me to quit calling the police about a neighboring business that was taking OUR private (and marked) parking places every day for their use. I faced him eye to eye and said I would gladly quit calling, as I had more important things to do - whenever he decided to enforce the law and do the job he was paid to do - and until that happened to not ever talk to me and try to intimidate me ever again. He left, and things continued on as before. Eventually, the manager of that business got fired. Several of HIS employees congratulated me on standing up his bullying ways and said they were glad he was gone.
Like I was told so long ago - you make your own bed and you lie in it. Cops have an uphill battle - and it is all due to their own actions.
Cops are not special, and they're sure NOT heroes, and neither are firefighters - so let's drop the hero-worship crap. In fact, if you compare salaries and hours worked, they are both extremely well paid with a lot more benefits than most people have. Let's not even talk about retirement benefits - as they have some of the best. So cry me a frickin river cops - but I'm not buying it.
More often than not, they're bullies. And I've never EVER liked or respected bullies.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


