The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Protein shake/smootie

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
How difficult is getting an FDA approval for a protein shake/smoothie that has been utilized by Bruce Lee and contains nothing harmful whatsoever. The product has a limited shelf life of around 6 weeks, and requires refrigeration. Would love some feedback on capital needed and other expenses for plastics and physical bottle creation and international manufacturing. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
By Bruce Lee? You might have to ask permission by the Lee family first

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My ex-husband set up manufacturing for that kind of stuff. As long as it doesn't contain meat here in the USA, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. (Meat handling has all kinds of requirements. One of the biggies usually required is for you to pay an on-site Federal inspector, with his own designate office, located in your manufacturing facility.) In my experience, your product sounds like normal commercial manufacturing standards -- commercial kitchen and sterile packing coupled with a monitored chilling/storage system. You aren't going to make any medical claims, are you? That would trigger a multi-year, multi-million dollar dogfight that is lost by 9 out of 10 products. One problem is getting the Lee family's OK to use his name -- if you're going to do that -- or use an existing brand/trademark. And part of that quest is to make sure that the right person/people grant that permission.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My comments were just on the manufacturing. How are you going to market this product and get it to the consumers? Are you ready to pay for supermarket shelf space? How about the advertising fees? And who's going to distribute it for you? You have some pretty high bars to leap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Areding

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 12, 2018
Protein is good, but only when it is of high quality. It is very difficult to find high-quality supplements as there are so many fakes.

Vanesco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Oct 29, 2018
Whatever one may say about the harmlessness of protein food, I do not agree. I have a lot of friends whoused this diet and then they got very seriously ill.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.