The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

O/T: HEALTH Protein shake/smootie

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
How difficult is getting an FDA approval for a protein shake/smoothie that has been utilized by Bruce Lee and contains nothing harmful whatsoever. The product has a limited shelf life of around 6 weeks, and requires refrigeration. Would love some feedback on capital needed and other expenses for plastics and physical bottle creation and international manufacturing. Thank you.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 3, 2018
By Bruce Lee? You might have to ask permission by the Lee family first

WJK

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
My ex-husband set up manufacturing for that kind of stuff. As long as it doesn't contain meat here in the USA, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. (Meat handling has all kinds of requirements. One of the biggies usually required is for you to pay an on-site Federal inspector, with his own designate office, located in your manufacturing facility.) In my experience, your product sounds like normal commercial manufacturing standards -- commercial kitchen and sterile packing coupled with a monitored chilling/storage system. You aren't going to make any medical claims, are you? That would trigger a multi-year, multi-million dollar dogfight that is lost by 9 out of 10 products. One problem is getting the Lee family's OK to use his name -- if you're going to do that -- or use an existing brand/trademark. And part of that quest is to make sure that the right person/people grant that permission.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
My comments were just on the manufacturing. How are you going to market this product and get it to the consumers? Are you ready to pay for supermarket shelf space? How about the advertising fees? And who's going to distribute it for you? You have some pretty high bars to leap.

Areding

New Contributor
Oct 12, 2018
Protein is good, but only when it is of high quality. It is very difficult to find high-quality supplements as there are so many fakes.

Vanesco

New Contributor
Oct 29, 2018
Whatever one may say about the harmlessness of protein food, I do not agree. I have a lot of friends whoused this diet and then they got very seriously ill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom