The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Property Maintenance Offer...

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Had a question for all of you.The barber I go to is leasing space in a building I almost bought.So I am there about every 3 weeks.Not far from my house.The person that bought it lives in California.He has a realtor show the apartments upstairs and take care of a few things for him. Since the owner lives on the West coast he is not here much and the property is not looked after except for my barber taking the responsibility. Which they do not want! Long story short my barber hooks me up with the owner via phone. I got his e-mail and asked a few of the particulars. I am waiting to hear back.
My barber would really like me to take care of the building cause I have the ability to do so and would take care of it.
Now; I am NOT looking for a job! But it is one building, near me, 2 commercial spaces and 2 apartments. Basically a 4 unit.
So his main question was how much would you charge me to take care of the place.
Full property maintenance around here would be 10% off the top. A realtor showing an apartment and putting a tenant in would take 1 months rent. So what should I charge him?
I asked him if he would want to pay per incident or per month. I also asked how many phone calls he gets per month on the building.I also asked what he would want me to handle.
What do you guys think is fair for both of us?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Might check into state regs, you may be splitting hairs. In Texas you can't be a property manager unless you are a realtor. You are just going to do maint, right? You're not going to collect rent and find new tenants?

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Might check into state regs, you may be splitting hairs. In Texas you can't be a property manager unless you are a realtor. You are just going to do maint, right? You're not going to collect rent and find new tenants?
exactly right. M&T you are in PA, I used to be licensed here. From what I have heard there are loopholes around it, but you cannot do property management, i.e. leasing etc. unless you are licensed.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Ok, lets just hypothetically say there is no reason to worry about that.

Soooooo, what would you guys say is fair?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Around here PM's get around 7% of gross rents every month. That's a baseline. The owner has to pay for any materials needed on top of that and any contractors that have to be hired.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.