The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project... product perfection. My journal:

PEBBLE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Oct 11, 2014
Okay thanks for the response.

Like I mentioned, my new competitor has an empty shell just for the IGoo campaign, so it isn't even a finished product. Surely I could just make one out of an empty toilet roll and pretend it's a final product and make it 'public' to stop people doing my idea?

So confused right now, patent subject is quite a mouthful :(

Another update, my competitor plans to retail his product at £70 and to get them produced in China. This cuts my predictions in half, I was hoping to sell mine for £150 RRP. I really don't get why he as set the price cheaper than the inferior other products on the market. I really don't know what to do. I am extremely overwhelmed by all this. The market, the margins and my optimism are getting smaller each day... :(

But maybe I should just put my product out there for pre order and see what happens.

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JDM

The Lock Man
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 2, 2014
Australia
You going public doesn't stop anyone doing your idea. You going public stops anyone (including yourself, subject to grace periods) from patenting your idea. You cannot patent something that is in the public domain. Disclosure = the product being in the public domain.

Feel free to PM me your competitors IndieGoGo campaign and an overview of your product and I might be able to give you some more insight into whether you can patent your product.

Keep in mind that IndieGoGo campaigns will have rock bottom prices. Your competitors usual RRP will no doubt be much higher and this should make the margins a bit healthier.

PEBBLE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Oct 11, 2014
You going public doesn't stop anyone doing your idea. You going public stops anyone (including yourself, subject to grace periods) from patenting your idea. You cannot patent something that is in the public domain. Disclosure = the product being in the public domain.

Feel free to PM me your competitors IndieGoGo campaign and an overview of your product and I might be able to give you some more insight into whether you can patent your product.

Keep in mind that IndieGoGo campaigns will have rock bottom prices. Your competitors usual RRP will no doubt be much higher and this should make the margins a bit healthier.

Thanks a lo!t I will PM you the concise info after work. I really appreciate your help.

Regarding the retail price, just to clarify. The IGG campaign price is £50 and I read on some other forums talking about the product and quoted the inventor mentioned that the RRP will be £70.00 :(

I need to really think about this.

Last edited:

PEBBLE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Oct 11, 2014
It seems that my competition has now filed for a patent.

I think this could be the end.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.