The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project LiftUp: Cleaning Up Fitness Industry

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Good work.

As a leader, don't be afraid to pay or reward those who do good work! Don't be stingy.

People might not want the mula now, but if they feel you know their hard work and will reward accordingly (as soon as financial situation improves), they will pour their heart out for you.

People who negotiate prices with you before they start working, are people who are super hard to motivate, and even if you pay in full will not do a good job.

Thanx a lot.. I need this kind of advice now, first time working with team! Thanx a mil. Gotta spread some Speed before I can give it to you again, so now I owe you ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Hmmm...can't get things to go my way really... wrote two fitness bloggers to join the project but one refused and other didn't write back. At least one refusing said he liked idea a lot and wants to be updated ( might be interested in joining but is apprehensive about it or something..) about situation.

I also contacted one guy IM expert in my country about becoming advisor.. haven't heard from him either... arghh..

And one of current guys who joined me wrote again saying sorry (after long pause of no communication)..says he's been busy with interviews for job etc.. damn..I have hard time deciding... but I think I will confront him to make a choice and commit or go away.

But I still think I can do it. Even with just one partner and programmer.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I confronted the guy who is inactive. Can write a review of a book in three weeks.. I said that it is easy now, not much work and he still can't do it. I said to think about how committed he can be and if it's worth it. Didn't have to guts to fire him right away though :smxE:

I now understand why business is tough.. you have to make tough decisions.. and this is just a start for me! Wow..so much to learn! :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
OK, the first article is posted on the blog and it just went live! Still adding some info there though. Please visit and read advice on How to Distinguish Between Good and Bad Training Advice:

Fitness Radar: The Blog

It has started. Now time to get some visitors! :)

D

DeletedUser394

Muhahahhaha I'm first to comment :)

lol, I like the layout that you picked as well.

Gogogoogogogo dude! ;)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Muhahahhaha I'm first to comment :)

lol, I like the layout that you picked as well.

Gogogoogogogo dude! ;)

:thumbsup: Man you are fast! Thanx buddey:cheers:

Still have to write About Page and get at least one more guy/girl to partner up and write content.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I failed as a leader. With having no concrete vision (sometimes paralized by indecision or lack of direction). I failed to inspire trust in team members that's why they aren't looking at the project seriously. And that is my fault!

I'm thinking of shutting down blog but don't know yet, maybe it doesn't operate well in my vision. I have to think about it and put pieces together.

I will put more work on the content side, show example by that and in the future when I reach out to someone for joining they will see better results already and that may influence their decision positively.

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Don't give up or shut it down.

Put it on hold for a few days to a week. Think about what you did wrong, what you can do differently, what new directional changes you want to make.

Then compile it into a game plan and go at it again :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Don't give up or shut it down.

Put it on hold for a few days to a week. Think about what you did wrong, what you can do differently, what new directional changes you want to make.

Then compile it into a game plan and go at it again :)

I'm definitely not quitting on the idea. On blog, maybe. I consider firing other partner too, he is not responding in timely manner, too busy.

If I close the blog then I don't even need more people for the being. I can watch and edit the main site myself and as it grows then expand the team...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I am closing the blog for now.. idea failed.. I think I started taking up too much stuff too soon. I wanted to start a blog and make it kind of a magazine that can offset bad advice and eventually become popular source for training advice but that's not aligned with site's main goal really. Now I'm sitting here at 2:45 AM in the morning drawing some sketches for my programmer. These are sketches of pages, registration form, review page etc for the site. I'm also coming up with the list of websites, book, ebook, forums, DVDs etc to rate/review.

I hope this sprint will help me minimize procrastination I had recent weeks. It's a bit annoying work to write lists and such but I kinda like it still... :)

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I think you've done pretty well so far. I hope the sprint yields the results you are looking for. One day you'll look back and laugh at how easy the hurdles actually were, even though they can seem overwhelming right now. Think of it this way, every time you sprint you come closer to finishing the marathon.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I think you've done pretty well so far. I hope the sprint yields the results you are looking for. One day you'll look back and laugh at how easy the hurdles actually were, even though they can seem overwhelming right now. Think of it this way, every time you sprint you come closer to finishing the marathon.

Thanx a mil Sparlin! I appreciate the encouragement!! :cheers: ;) I do hope it will be the way you say :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Trying to come up with a new name for the idea... can't figure anything else right now :(

Joined Vator.tv, maybe will find some like-minded people there and make some useful connections.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
This just keeps getting ''better''... now my coder has dissapeared from the face of the earth.. cant find him on Skype online, he didn't reply to my email. All this happened when I cought him once on Skype, sent him new instructions on what to code.

He has taken up a lot of business... he is cofounder of one company with my classmate and is Sales VP there and also seems to have other things to do too... That's not good, I should have figured that he can't do it although he made it sound like it wont take too long to get the thing coded...

Now, I have to look for another coder I guess OR learn to code PHP myself...and that would take loads of time... I could still maybe find another coder on techcofounder.com maybe.

Either way, this is really not going well now. :( And there is my fault in it a lot I think. I might really have to take matters into my own hands and learn coding. Just not sure if this is my thing...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Decided to learn PHP coding myself.If you want something done right, gotta do it yourself.

Not gonna let this idea die until I did everything I can. And I can learn programming, even if it doesn't work out, if I like coding, I can use it in the future ventures.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.