The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project "Build & Exit"

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
Three months ago I started to think about the new project that I could later sell (Exit) if successfully executed, and I came up with a niche online marketplace. So, before I start with the execution part here is the master-plan:

1. Build a platform with the targeted audience - platform is built around a premium product that is sold worldwide. And there IS a market. The platform will be a blog/magazine with social media presence.

2. Monetize platform to pay for itself, and the online marketplace - nothing was done so far except thinking and searching. Some dropshipping merchandise was first to come to mind.

3. Launch the marketplace via the platform - If everything goes by the plan (and, it won't), I expect it to be ready for launch in 2 - 3 years from now. I gave myself 4 years for this project. Tested a few ready-made solutions (YoKart etc.) but find that it will be nearly impossible without a custom solution.

4. Sell the business and start a new one.

Done so far:

1. Liquidweb Managed Wordpress hosting/ $99/mo.
Still not completely sure why I chose so expensive hosting.
I'm trying to justify it with "high-quality" as my targeted audience is also "premium."

2. Themeforest Wordpress Theme/ $59
Spent few weeks lurking on ThemeForest and reading reviews till I found something that satisfies my desires.

3. Domain/ $10
I still ask myself why I bought a domain from a different provider (name.com) - as it just made my life more difficult. Of course, good thing is that I've learned something about DNS & Co. in the process.

4. Website customization
Liquidweb managed WordPress and solid and tested Wordpress theme made sure this was a straightforward task. After that, I added content categories, posts with titles and images, and fill it with lorem ipsum text to get a feel how it looks live. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I just love to see that project is going forward :)

5. Tested and ordered a few articles from Fiverr and TextBroker - to find -- cheap good writers :)
And I must say here that Fiverr is a clear winner. For 5 times less money I can outsource the same quality (sometimes even better) content at Fiverr. I also must say that Fiverr is full of carp and scams. So finding good writers is a very time-consuming job. I have spent 3-5 hours a day for a full month only for this part. Right now I have two good content writers who can deliver quality content - for two different categories. Three articles are already published and online. I plan to have at least 30 articles before launch.

Next:

1. Outsource 27 more articles to fill a site with relevant content
2. Create an editorial calendar to be used after launch
3. Create social media accounts and buffer for timed publishing

That's it for now...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.