The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project: BellaPippin | Real Estate, Social entrepreneurship, Art and YouTube, and who knows what else

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Today is 11/12 and 12 is my favorite number
giphy.gif

Either I paid more attention or it just felt like we got an influx of new people and lots of intro threads, and I got curious and went back and read my own, when I joined in 2015 : INTRO - The struggle for freedom

Unintentionally I went on a "BellaPippin rewind tour" and looked at my old threads, and learned a lot again. I also "watched myself" and I didn't cringe as much as I thought I would. I'd like to highlight a few things, feel free to skip:

**~Commence Bella's Rewind~**

Andy's Welcome message, always nice from the beginning.
Welcome Bel.

Honesty, gratitude, manners, desire to add value, desire to help others. Nice intro.

The world and this forum needs more people like you.

Vigilante always sharing his wisdom and lifting me up. He also gifted me my first sub so I could read THE thread.
I want you to read this book.

First Things First: Stephen R. Covey, A. Roger Merrill, Rebecca R. Merrill: 9780684802039: Amazon.com: Books

There's a simple concept at play here that you have to master.

Bella, you're living life in reverse. Your best energy should be devoted to the most important things in your life, and let everything else fill in around them.

You make it a point to keep FIRST THINGS FIRST.

Here's a great analogy :

Also, I moved your thread from SLOWLANE to Mindset, Motivation and Choices.

Don't ever start a thread in Slowlane again, Bella. Thats not you.

Lex has always been in my threads throwing ideas and good vibes. When I came back he lent me a hand and gave me his course so I could give UpWork a try. I'm not freelancing these days because the extra income came in the form of a big raise, but it was very helpful at the time.
The Slowlane is in the mindset only.

Laundromats can be Fastlane.

I'd love to read @BellaPippin s approach if she ventures into this.

No reason it has to cost a lot - that only applies to traditional laundromats.

But a Fastlane laundromat would operate a little differently I imagine. ;)

Max is younger than me, he knows 500x what I know about business and is a total badass at taking risks. I went through your progress threads on the inside and man, I admire you. Just that.
It's a process.

• Try
  • Fail
  • Learn
  • Improve
  • Repeat
  • Succeed
And it's only a real failure if you don't take feedback. Keep going. Maybe this won't be a winner, but something eventually will be.

I felt this comment by Jon was just a relevant now as it was when it was written. It might be relevant to someone else, too.
One thing I picked up on was a feeling of perfectionism in what you wrote, like you have to pick that 'one best thing to pursue.' I can relate to that, a lot. The truth, though, is that there is no such thing as the 'best option.' Even if there was, you change and everything and everyone around you changes - every single day. What was best today won't be best tomorrow.

So, pick a good option today. Pursue it, and see how it feels. Here's the thing, though: stick with it for a while. If you and the circumstances change, incrementally modify it to bend it in the direction you want to go, but don't totally change course. In all, be kind to yourself.

The best thing you could do for yourself with all of this, though, is to work through this stuff with a good therapist. I'm doing that, and it is really helping. Before you make a major decision, talk it through with your therapist to make sure you really understand your motivations for doing so.

AND I was honored again with another sub by @MJ DeMarco which I'm using to read read read.

Is this place the *** or what.

**~End Bella's Rewind~**

I wish this 30 y/o could tell my 26 y/o self "look, the next 4-ish years are gonna be hell, but you're going to come out just fine and stronger." Looking back at these last 6 years or so I went through a brutal life tutorial and there wasn't much mental/emotional room to do anything else but staying afloat and I still managed to slowly get my little associates, support myself and even climb to a very comfortable income and free myself from toxic people. I did well.

But now it's just me and myself, a Summit ahead, and a few (flexible) projects:

1) House-Hacking: Purchase a multi-family property to live in and rent for extra income. Build on that as desired to increase income from rentals. Currently reading The House Hacking Strategy by Craig Curelop as recommended by @JScott

• Goal: $15-20k for down-payment and cushion? Get it in 2020, NO BUTS, GET IT.
  • Current: $4k.
  • Tasks: Control spending to only the designated disposable income. I'm waiting on my first (new) paycheck to budget and see how much to assign each.
  • Notes: Any extra income from any extra sources will go to these savings. Treat yo'self's come from disposable income only, financed by disposable income, or w.e just not from the savings.

2) Social Entrepreneurship: Develop a simple line of hygiene products through private labeling. Raise funds from revenue to rehab properties into centers where homeless people can shower and change clothes (guess who gets to own a mini-laundromat after all!) these centers have to be as self-sustainable as possible and/or run separately as a non-profit child entity.

• Immediate task: Find supplier and get some samples?
  • ??? I have no idea what I'm doing
  • Review Vigilante's thread again, yes

3) 10,000 Hours of Art: I paint as a hobby and will document on YouTube when I do so. There's no (that I've found) YT channels that document an individual's process through getting better at drawing/painting from the individual's perspective. Vlogs are very popular, they tend to be illustrators showing their process or their "day to day" studio/admin tasks for freelancing, but no process. My channel will serve as my own journal/chronicle but give people on the same journey something to relate and even join along. This is a secondary project, has no deadline and it's for my personal enjoyment only.

• Goal: Build an audience, ideally organically. I want my energy and focus going into the product line.
  • Paint, draw or sketch and film something at least once a week. Do the least editing possible that makes it watchable.
  • Notes: If this generates any type of income it will go towards the house savings, followed by the product project.

4) Miscellaneous: Anything that comes up extra I'll mention here. Like for example, omg it's 12:12PM I still have 50 custom-made urban sketch cases sitting in a box. I took some pictures of my friend using it last summer and maybe product ones or I might have to do those. I don't lose anything by posting them on eBay. That box takes a lot of room!

Ok, it's in writing, clear, defined for the most part...

**~Suggestions Welcome, as usual~**

I'm getting First things First by Stephen Covey on the Kindle, apparently I forgot to read it after Vigilante recommended it.

NO WORRIES Atlas Shrugged is still a go @Primeperiwinkle

~Bella

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Max is younger than me, he knows 500x what I know about business and is a total badass at taking risks. I went through your progress threads on the inside and man, I admire you. Just that.

Let's get some Chicago people together after Thanksgiving. I'll make sure @Greg R comes.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Subbed. I'm literally running through Chicago this weekend. Taking the grandson to Wrigley to run the Spartan Race Saturday afternoon. Then back in the car to Springfield to get our Lincoln geek on Sunday. Off topic, I know.

I've seen your posts. Can't wait to see what you produce!

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Let's get some Chicago people together after Thanksgiving. I'll make sure @Greg R comes.

YES I was thinking about that, but before I bumped up the thread I was trying to think of something fun yet chill to do, by fun I don't mean clubs I'm too lazy and we can't talk but something like the AMC with bowling/pool or Punch Bowl Social?

Edit-

My place isn't very fancy but if I get a table we can host a poker night? I'll easily pull an all nighter in Monopoly. I just don't have a table I eat in front of the couch lol. Or maybe there's a place we can get together for that? Another reason to buy my new home, host meetups @o@

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Aug 13, 2018
Like for example, omg it's 12:12PM I still
You and your 12's! I love it!

Why do you like the number 12?

50 custom-made urban sketch cases sitting in a box
Wait what!? THIS IS FASCINATING! Tell me more! Did you make them? I wanna see...

I don't lose anything by posting them on eBay.
You do lose Control.

What if you opened your own store and sold them from your own online shop?

You have 50 pieces of inventory that you could use to begin to give a lift to your homeless project sales machine. Why sell them on ebay when they could do so much more for you by selling them yourself?

They may sell more slowly by being in your shop versus on ebay, but they're also not hurting anything sitting there in the box at your house.

But YOU would develop the essential, incomparable skill of learning to attract an audience, market a product, and make it move off the shelf, which is going to be an extraordinarily valuable skillset for your hygiene line.

Speaking of your hygiene line...

(2) Social Entrepreneurship: Develop a simple line of hygiene products through private labeling. Raise funds from revenue to rehab properties into centers where homeless people can shower and change clothes (guess who gets to own a mini-laundromat after all!) these centers have to be as self-sustainable as possible and/or run separately as a non-profit child entity.
  • Immediate task: Find supplier and get some samples?
  • ??? I have no idea what I'm doing
  • Review Vigilante's thread again, yes
I may be missing something, but I'm struggling to see how the hygiene line is going to bring you the revenue to accomplish your goal.

Have you looked into the profit margins and the volume of sales you would need to achieve to be able to fund the homeless centers? (Keep in mind that you'll need some of your profit to reinvest back into growing the business, so you're only looking at the SURPLUS profit above that, which must be pretty tiny in a commodity product like shampoo.)

Have you looked at selling alternative items with different/better profit margins and settled on hygiene items as the best solution?

Have you researched homeless centers to see how much money & staff they need to run and how you would improve on what's currently being done?

Have you looked into what has and hasn't worked for other organizations who are using business as the mechanism to raise funds for a good cause?

I wonder if you could get further, faster, by starting with the end in mind and reverse engineering what you need to get there. Because I feel like the item for sale is not the point. You could switch it out for ANY item, and it's in your best interest to choose the product that gets you there the fastest.

Like this:
Big, hairy, audacious goal: rehab properties into centers that are as self-sustainable as possible where homeless people can shower and change clothes.

What's needed to get to the goal: I need $500,000 to build the first center and operate it for one year.

Alternatives to get there: I could raise that amount of money by selling...
  • 250,000 hygiene items at $2 profit each
  • 50,000 custom urban sketch kits at $10 profit each
  • 10,000 luxury cashmere sweaters at $50 profit each
  • 2,000 B2B customers on a high-end software at $250 profit each
  • or 500 donors on contributing $1000 each
^^all of the above numbers are invented. But the point is, some of these will be harder to achieve than others. It seems like you should pick the thing that's most likely to get you to the finish line.

Have you read the book called "Get big fast and do more good"? It's the story of someone who created a hygiene product (Yes to Carrots) out of a similar goal to change the world. It's a story of relentless execution, of flying all over the world, of near failures when they couldn't produce fast enough for the size of the orders they had obtained, and of finally getting their line into big retailers like Target and Walgreens.

If you're going to go the hygiene route, it's a good glimpse into how big you're going to have to think for the business to fund some serious projects like what you're describing.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You and your 12's! I love it!

Why do you like the number 12?

Wait what!? THIS IS FASCINATING! Tell me more! Did you make them? I wanna see...

You do lose Control.

What if you opened your own store and sold them from your own online shop?

You have 50 pieces of inventory that you could use to begin to give a lift to your homeless project sales machine. Why sell them on ebay when they could do so much more for you by selling them yourself?

They may sell more slowly by being in your shop versus on ebay, but they're also not hurting anything sitting there in the box at your house.

But YOU would develop the essential, incomparable skill of learning to attract an audience, market a product, and make it move off the shelf, which is going to be an extraordinarily valuable skillset for your hygiene line.

Speaking of your hygiene line...

I may be missing something, but I'm struggling to see how the hygiene line is going to bring you the revenue to accomplish your goal.

Have you looked into the profit margins and the volume of sales you would need to achieve to be able to fund the homeless centers? (Keep in mind that you'll need some of your profit to reinvest back into growing the business, so you're only looking at the SURPLUS profit above that, which must be pretty tiny in a commodity product like shampoo.)

Have you looked at selling alternative items with different/better profit margins and settled on hygiene items as the best solution?

Have you researched homeless centers to see how much money & staff they need to run and how you would improve on what's currently being done?

Have you looked into what has and hasn't worked for other organizations who are using business as the mechanism to raise funds for a good cause?

I wonder if you could get further, faster, by starting with the end in mind and reverse engineering what you need to get there. Because I feel like the item for sale is not the point. You could switch it out for ANY item, and it's in your best interest to choose the product that gets you there the fastest.

Like this:
Big, hairy, audacious goal: rehab properties into centers that are as self-sustainable as possible where homeless people can shower and change clothes.

What's needed to get to the goal: I need $500,000 to build the first center and operate it for one year.

Alternatives to get there: I could raise that amount of money by selling...
  • 250,000 hygiene items at $2 profit each
  • 50,000 custom urban sketch kits at $10 profit each
  • 10,000 luxury cashmere sweaters at $50 profit each
  • 2,000 B2B customers on a high-end software at $250 profit each
  • or 500 donors on contributing $1000 each
^^all of the above numbers are invented. But the point is, some of these will be harder to achieve than others. It seems like you should pick the thing that's most likely to get you to the finish line.

Have you read the book called "Get big fast and do more good"? It's the story of someone who created a hygiene product (Yes to Carrots) out of a similar goal to change the world. It's a story of relentless execution, of flying all over the world, of near failures when they couldn't produce fast enough for the size of the orders they had obtained, and of finally getting their line into big retailers like Target and Walgreens.

If you're going to go the hygiene route, it's a good glimpse into how big you're going to have to think for the business to fund some serious projects like what you're describing.

Great points, where do I start

I liked 12 since I was a kid, no idea why. It's always been my favorite number :shrug:

The cases: Here's the execution thread. Yup, I still have them.

They are for people who like to go sketching on-site to hold everything in one hand so I designed it with that function in mind, manufactured them, and got my 50 samples in the mail three years ago. Then... I didn't do anything else.

Selling them on eBay would be just to liquidate them and move on. Honestly I never got to validate whether they would work or not but uh idk. The idea was that if these 50 sold on eBay I had a validated product THEN I would make a website.

You do have a point on the skill learning, but I can learn that on the go with the other product instead of making it wait, no?

Edit- You just made me think I'll give a couple to my painting classmates to try them out and get some feedback and possibly a review.

The hygiene products: It started more like a TOMS shoes thing, a part of the revenue would go to shelters to provide hygiene products first. Eventually the centers if the brand took off:

Then Bio suggested this and it seemed way more direct to the goal:
Ok, so your overall goal is to build a place where the homeless can come and shower and wash up. So you start a hygiene line of soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo and towels. You'd position it that a portion of proceeds is going to towards a fund that will purchase a building and renovate it for the homeless. Maybe you need $1M to do this. You'd probably need to sell $5M of product to get there. Maybe it will take 5 years to do it.

Launching a brand with this type of laser focus is pretty easy when it comes down to branding, marketing and vision. Just make sure your product is high quality and that your goal is communicated to the consumer.

I'd probably launch a shampoo and body wash company if I were doing this. The product actually is congruent with your goal.

You could be right, but for the time being, I think I better focus on making a product first, then I can cross that bridge. I have to take action on calling factories and get samples and that's giving me anxiety as it is lol :D

Edits- more info added

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Its amazing! Just today I dad a look on threads years ago. So, I m here only some months, but its amazing, how the storys and threads repeat.

Your projects:
I know, you will succeed!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
*TGIF*
I won't say that anymore eventually, but unfortunately not this week

Wednesdays and Thursdays I have evening class to nothing gets done. I leave at 7am and come back at 10pm and that's all my brain can take. Today is date night, but I get to plan what I'm doing with my weekend, which is all mine.

1) House-Hacking:

Goal: $15-$20k
Current: $6000 :peace:

giphy-tumblr.gif

2) Social Entrepreneurship:

• Make a list of at least 10 suppliers to contact Monday during lunch or request sample quotes if they have a contact form.
  • I'm looking for quality product, [bad chemicals] free, not tested on animals. Might wanna do some research on what chemicals I'm trying to avoid.
  • ??? That's all I can think of because again, no idea what I'm doing
  • I had a crazy idea but I don't think I'm brave enough to try it out. Easy AF to validate but I'm shy. Involves going door to door. But if it works, I could potentially employ the homeless coming to the centers. Back burner for now. I have social anxiety about knocking on strangers' houses doors and imagine I'm gonna get attacked and bullshit like that. Thanks, third world upbringing, PTSD! <3 I'm also too embarrassed to ask my bf to come with me. I know it sounds silly but all these anxieties are kind of tough to deal with. Maybe I'll post on Craigslist as a gig for someone to do it for me. Yes, I'm willing to do that. Same with cleaning my apartment.

3) 10,000 Hours of Art:

• I have some footage to use in a video, and my final assignment which I have to paint, so film the process.
  • Edit, upload, post photo on Insta w/link and some good #hashtags.
  • Learn how to do voiceovers // Test phone or iMac audio quality. Or maybe just learn how to add text to the video. I might have to invest in Adobe's subscription to get the new versions of everything and Premiere Pro if iMovie doesn't let me modify the text enough. I get a nice monthly price for a year through art school, and after that I might still be able to afford the standard $60/mo for all apps.

4) Miscellaneous:

I thought of this a few days ago but then I forgot: I'm going to give my classmate my sketching case for her to use and tell me if it's useful. Either way:
  • Prepare pics (need background erased on some, quick stuff) and post to eBay.
  • Make a quick letter-sized sheet of repeating logos on Illustrator to make quick labels if something sells. (5 min tops, I made the logo long ago)
  • Got First Things First for Kindle to read on commute.

Let's see how much of this I actually get done

giphy-downsized.gif

Edit- Typo

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
It's great that you've got the drive to do this, but aren't 4 things at the same time too many? (Disclaimer: I'm the king of doing 4+ things and not accomplishing any).

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's great that you've got the drive to do this, but aren't 4 things at the same time too many? (Disclaimer: I'm the king of doing 4+ things and not accomplishing any).

Well it's not reeeally happening all at the same time.

1) Is just saving money for now. It's the vehicle I'll use to (relatively) passively cover my living expenses.
2) Is "The Project" that gives me purpose. Providing that I don't get into any type of thing that affects my credit, #1 Should be able to proceed undisturbed.
3) Is more a "on my spare time" type of thing. I paint anyway for fun so why not document it. I'm not aggressively going into this.
4) The boxes might or might not sell. I'm just trying to get rid of them for some $$ to toss into the savings. I might discover they do sell and order more, who knows.

I need to have things to switch between, different things going on and just going at my own pace. With my living expenses mostly taken care of, a lot more money opens up to use on #2 or #3. Neither of them have a deadline really. My priority is to just leave the 9-5 asap which I can potentially do with #1 (even if it's just working part time), go home more often and start getting ready time-wise/financially for when I have to take care of my parents. #2 just satisfies my need to help the community at a bigger scale than volunteering.

If I can just make #1 work, I'll be happy.
#2 would be great.
The rest is fluff

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Well it's not reeeally happening all at the same time.

1) Is just saving money for now. It's the vehicle I'll use to (relatively) passively cover my living expenses.
2) Is "The Project" that gives me purpose. Providing that I don't get into any type of thing that affects my credit, #1 Should be able to proceed undisturbed.
3) Is more a "on my spare time" type of thing. I paint anyway for fun so why not document it. I'm not aggressively going into this.
4) The boxes might or might not sell. I'm just trying to get rid of them for some $$ to toss into the savings. I might discover they do sell and order more, who knows.

I need to have things to switch between, different things going on and just going at my own pace. With my living expenses mostly taken care of, a lot more money opens up to use on #2 or #3. Neither of them have a deadline really. My priority is to just leave the 9-5 asap which I can potentially do with #1 (even if it's just working part time), go home more often and start getting ready time-wise/financially for when I have to take care of my parents. #2 just satisfies my need to help the community at a bigger scale than volunteering.

If I can just make #1 work, I'll be happy.
#2 would be great.
The rest is fluff
Sounds like you've got your priorities in order after all :)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Bumpies

I'm looking at (at least) a few thousand $$ for a first order (500 MOQ/product) for FDA organic and not tested on animals products, depending on how many products I start with. I was thinking 4, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or soap bar and body lotion.

Question - How much sense does it make to go through kickstarter for pre-orders for the first round? (After I pick manufacturer) Otherwise I would have to wait until after I have my house to place an order, or register a business to get a loan that isn't in my name so it doesn't affect my mortgage application? Or would it affect it anyway? Any other ideas to use someone else's money to fund this?

Edit - format

Edit- Bothering people @Andy Black @biophase @AgainstAllOdds suggestions welcome

Last edited:

meadow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 27, 2019
@BellaPippin - the (creative) force is strong with this one! Your recap + progress thread was a blessing to read. Following, and, you'll be successful for sure.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
@BellaPippin - the (creative) force is strong with this one! Your recap + progress thread was a blessing to read. Following, and, you'll be successful for sure.

Phil? Phil Connors??!
giphy.gif

Thank you for your kind words! May the (creative) force be with you too! :)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
*TGIF*
Yes, not yet

1) (House Hacking)

Current: $5700 :thumbsdown: :( Forgot I had a balance on the Amazon card since I don't use it that often. I splurged on Target so now I'll have to be careful with the play money I have left. No touchy savings!

2) (Social Venture/Private Labeling)

Update: 6 request for quotes sent to private label manufacturers in the US. And I did it after work! :p

I want my brand to say it's manufactured here, with organic ingredients and not tested on animals so my costs are probably going to be a bit higher. I'll have to sit down with the margins to decide on a price at some point. That said, I'll be using one of their already-made formulations.

MOQs seem to be 500 except for a couple places I found with 144/1 respectively. (144 is so random, like, why?)

3) (10,000 Hours of Art)

I became very close with a classmate girl that is from Ecuador and even though she's leaving to Peru (husband job) in August we set ourselves to get together to paint as often as we can. Finally I have a friend that is also into art to paint with company! She's the Gauguin to my Van Gogh! Except we won't fight hopefully lol

------

I started posting status updates on my profile so I can say random crap without bothering anyone. But if you are bored and wanna talk random crap, that's the place to go, visit me.

giphy.gif

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
BRUHHH I made the insta and they insta-blocked me. Now I'm sending selfies with codes written on post its and proof I got the domain. I didn't get to log in lmao

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Following your progress! You can do this @BellaPippin!

I'm getting First things First by Stephen Covey on the Kindle, apparently I forgot to read it after Vigilante recommended it.

Haven't read this, purchased the kindle version today to start reading it tonight :)

It was quite inexpensive ($1.99) for anyone else that might be interested!

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
(144 is so random, like, why?)
It's probably what fits into their case (12 packs of 12? 36 packs of 4? You get the idea).

Also, following along. Excited to see where this goes.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Following your progress! You can do this @BellaPippin!

Haven't read this, purchased the kindle version today to start reading it tonight :)

It was quite inexpensive ($1.99) for anyone else that might be interested!

Thank you Sheens! Good vibes are always appreciated :)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's probably what fits into their case (12 packs of 12? 36 packs of 4? You get the idea).

Also, following along. Excited to see where this goes.

Hadn’t thought of that, great point. Shows how much I know about sourcing haha!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Sorry for not using one post to reply but I’m on mobile and didn’t have the patience

Update-o: Got Instagram account solved, bought new domain (I realized the one I was holding said skincare and I’m offering shampoo n stuff so I bought bodycare instead) and submitted my website copy + my first insta ad copy to be reviewed by the awesomesauce @Bekit

I did the insta out of boredom because no vendor has answered yet. Great move emailing right before thanksgiving BEL

Transmission over

Bud Fox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 16, 2015
Sounds like you’re trying to “follow your passion”....stop, and read unscripted .
If your goal is to make money, which is what you need in order to do any of the other things you mention here, it’s most likely NOT going to be doing the things you mention here first.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Sounds like you’re trying to “follow your passion”....stop, and read unscripted .
If your goal is to make money, which is what you need in order to do any of the other things you mention here, it’s most likely NOT going to be doing the things you mention here first.

I've read both books. If you refer to 2) and 3) why yes, I'm following my passion. They are hobbies. I'm doing it through the Fastlane/Unscripted /CENTS framework, though. What I'm aiming to make a living out of is rental properties (1). The other two is what I'm setting up to do with my time, they are my purpose and what makes me happy. I wanna give and I wanna paint. How I do it doesn't matter.

If you still think I'm in the wrong direction, then please go ahead and make a case of why you think that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.