From Consumer to Producer
One product at a time
---
Hey Everyone,
I joined the forum recently, so you might have seen my intro post.
Here's a bit about myself:
I spent years studying entrepreneurship and always found a reason to delay.
There was always one more thing to learn, one more skill to master, one more course to finish.
This year, I finally made the shift and launched two products:
I tried working at an agency. Not my thing.
I tried freelancing. I can do it, but it didn't resonate with me. Especially when I have an amazing job right now, so there's no need to stretch for something I have no fun with.
So I decided to try building products. Products are the one thing I haven't figured out how to monetize yet.
I believe you can only be a real builder when you operate from a place of abundance, not desperation.
Not running on diesel fuel made of burned bridges and survival mode.
I want to build because I want to, not because I have to. Even if it looks like a hobby to some people.
53 days ago, I started a challenge: make $120 in 120 days from my own products.
During this challenge, my perspective shifted.
I like building. I want to create an ecosystem of products that makes users lives better.
So the time limit is gone.
This thread is now Venture Builder Chronicles. No deadline. Just execution and progress.
Revenue: $0.00
Rage Guard is live on the Chrome Web Store. I'm still working on distribution and getting installs.
I'm also working on my next product.
This time, I'm testing a shotgun approach: ship fast, iterate, move to the next one if it doesn't stick (Big fan of Pieter Levels idea of 12 startups in 12 months).
As I mentioned earlier, there’s no time limit anymore - whether it takes a day, a week, or a year.
I was actually a bit hesitant about the title because I don’t like open loops, so let’s call this progress thread Chapter $0 to $120.
Right now, I'm working on:
Ship fast, get feedback, iterate or move on.
I'll post progress, wins, failures, and lessons here as I go.
Feedback, opinions, and recommendations are welcome, and I'm happy to connect with like-minded builders!
Let's see where this goes, it's super cool to grow together!
One product at a time
---
Hey Everyone,
I joined the forum recently, so you might have seen my intro post.
Here's a bit about myself:
I spent years studying entrepreneurship and always found a reason to delay.
There was always one more thing to learn, one more skill to master, one more course to finish.
This year, I finally made the shift and launched two products:
- makersvoice.com (launched before this thread, it is an app that turns Journal entries into X posts)
- Rage Guard (Chrome extension that stops chess players from playing on tilt)
I tried working at an agency. Not my thing.
I tried freelancing. I can do it, but it didn't resonate with me. Especially when I have an amazing job right now, so there's no need to stretch for something I have no fun with.
So I decided to try building products. Products are the one thing I haven't figured out how to monetize yet.
The Controversial Part
My approach might be controversial.I believe you can only be a real builder when you operate from a place of abundance, not desperation.
Not running on diesel fuel made of burned bridges and survival mode.
I want to build because I want to, not because I have to. Even if it looks like a hobby to some people.
53 days ago, I started a challenge: make $120 in 120 days from my own products.
During this challenge, my perspective shifted.
I like building. I want to create an ecosystem of products that makes users lives better.
So the time limit is gone.
This thread is now Venture Builder Chronicles. No deadline. Just execution and progress.
What I've Done So Far
Day 1–10: Overthinking trap- Spent days researching audiences, tools, problems
- Built nothing
- Classic builder paralysis
- Chess players (I play chess, so I know the pain points)
- Identified 3 core problem zones
- Still overthinking
- Created a PRD (Product Requirements Document) using ChatGPT
- Set up Git, GitHub, Cursor, Claude Code, Codex
- Built a detailed product canvas
- Watched tutorials on Chrome extensions
- Still no product
- Built Rage Guard in one focused day after 33 days of prep (ridiculous, I know)
- Submitted to Chrome Web Store
- Waited for review
- It was published
- Posted on Reddit twice
- First post: 1,700 views, 3 upvotes
- Second post: 1,000+ impressions, 11 comments, 2–3 upvotes, post removed
- Got real feedback from users (some said it was useful, some said it wasn't needed, one suggested new features)
- Found a bug in the extension logic
Current Status
Products launched: 1Revenue: $0.00
Rage Guard is live on the Chrome Web Store. I'm still working on distribution and getting installs.
I'm also working on my next product.
This time, I'm testing a shotgun approach: ship fast, iterate, move to the next one if it doesn't stick (Big fan of Pieter Levels idea of 12 startups in 12 months).
Lessons So Far
- I skip validation. I build first, ask questions later. This is a pattern I need to break.
- I avoid distribution. I treat marketing as an afterthought. This is killing my products.
- I can build fast when I actually start. 80% of the product in one day after 33 days of prep means I need to cut the prep phase drastically.
Small disclaimer:
I used the prefix SaaS/Apps, but I don't think my products will be related to SaaS only. I'm thinking about automation packs, Notion templates, extensions, etc.What's Next
I'm planning weekly updates in this thread.As I mentioned earlier, there’s no time limit anymore - whether it takes a day, a week, or a year.
I was actually a bit hesitant about the title because I don’t like open loops, so let’s call this progress thread Chapter $0 to $120.
Right now, I'm working on:
- Getting more installs for Rage Guard
- Improving my distribution game (Reddit, DMs, content)
- Starting my next product (likely in the B2B automation space)
Ship fast, get feedback, iterate or move on.
I'll post progress, wins, failures, and lessons here as I go.
Feedback, opinions, and recommendations are welcome, and I'm happy to connect with like-minded builders!
Let's see where this goes, it's super cool to grow together!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
