The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROGRESS THREAD: GymJunkie (36Pounds.com)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Oh, sorry I read that wrong!

Hey even better :)

No problem! I appreciate your comment :) It actually made me remember that I have big responsibility and should pay more attention to it and be more active!

Thanx

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
It's official, I'm going Free and will give an ebook about training and nutrition for skinny guys for free instead of paid. I will find a different way to monetize (which has is second thing behind helping people).

Email subscriber list should hit 50 people any time now, 49 now! Cool! More and more people trust me :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Reached a first milestone on email list! Even though a very small one - 50 subscribers, but I think it's pretty good. Some have done it way faster, some done better, but I'm satisfied. I'm sure I will make 36Pounds.com - The place for Skinny guys who want to gain muscle! the best place for skinny guys online, even if it takes long long time and lots of mistakes done by me. I won't fail!

P.S Blog has also hit 18000 visits already! It's also approaching 50000 pageviews! Should be done in a few days! :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Blog has hit 51000 pageviews and it hasn't been online for 6 months yet. Total visits are approaching 20000 as blog has about 19000 hits so far.

I haven't been active in guest posting but I have a few sites already targeted and one guest post in the works with one blogger from bodybuilding niche. Hope this will work out and I will see some more traffic coming in.

I'm also learning about my style of expressing myself which sucks a bit. I need to be a bit more down to earth and less teaching. I also come across as a jerk a bit because I like being straight-forward and am not afraid to offend someone a bit if I know this can help them improve themselves!

I'm also gonna be adding another topic to cover on my blog as secondary one (or even more). I believe adding topic that solves other skinny guy's problems not only weight issue will just make the blog better.

Cheers,
Adrian

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Where do you find forums that allow your site to be shown. Every forum I go to prohibits putting a link in your signature.

I don't know how to get traffic.

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
Blog has hit 51000 pageviews and it hasn't been online for 6 months yet. Total visits are approaching 20000 as blog has about 19000 hits so far.

I haven't been active in guest posting but I have a few sites already targeted and one guest post in the works with one blogger from bodybuilding niche. Hope this will work out and I will see some more traffic coming in.

I'm also learning about my style of expressing myself which sucks a bit. I need to be a bit more down to earth and less teaching. I also come across as a jerk a bit because I like being straight-forward and am not afraid to offend someone a bit if I know this can help them improve themselves!

I'm also gonna be adding another topic to cover on my blog as secondary one (or even more). I believe adding topic that solves other skinny guy's problems not only weight issue will just make the blog better.

Cheers,
Adrian

Nice work Adrian. Incidentally, I'm thinking of doing (buying) a blog about startups. As I said before, content creating isn't my favorite thing in the world, but there are many positive things that can come from the blog.

keep up the good work!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Where do you find forums that allow your site to be shown. Every forum I go to prohibits putting a link in your signature.

I don't know how to get traffic.

I haven't looked for this specifically.. just be active in your niche, build reputation and people will click the links you will give in our posts (some links can be your site, others should be useful reading from other sites).

I know stevepavlina.com (self-improvement forum) allows this, Fastlane does, Warrior Forum allows sigs... hmm... that might be it.

Still, most of my traffic comes from Google, Direct traffic, some forums (leaving links as answers to a question) and guest posts.

Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Nice work Adrian. Incidentally, I'm thinking of doing (buying) a blog about startups. As I said before, content creating isn't my favorite thing in the world, but there are many positive things that can come from the blog.

keep up the good work!

Thanx ;)

Blogs are incredible platform! If you don't like writing, just post videos, or podcast. It allows you to create community (through comments) and just spread your message.

It also is a trampoline for others to book deals, etc.

I think you should start your own blog. I'd gladly help out if needed ;)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Haven't been active on the blog a lot. I have a guest post to write though and have one guy guest posting on my blog about fashion tips for skinny guys.

Traffic has been very very low... but today I got some StumbleUpon. Lovely! Sadly, it was for an article that needs updating and I was gonna do it this week.

I'm slowly writing the ebook. Currently writing about mindset and motivation.

Updates coming later on tomorrow! I think I will announce having hit 20000 visits for 36pounds.com!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Any updates? How much visitors do you have a month, day etc..

It has reached 20000 hits and is live more than 6 months now. Has been getting about 2500 hits on autopilot without me being active on forums and guestposts..

I have changed jobs, got new ideas and have lost motivationa bit in general. BUT I think it happens to most project at this stage. Some give up after 6 months some don't. While I may not grow it to being the biggest blog on the niche, I definitely still haven't done everything I promised with it, so I will do that for sure.

Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
is 2500 hit per day? What do you do now to get traffic? What is your plan with this site?

Oh no mate. That would be dream.. it's 2500 hits a month with no forum advertising, guest posts (well, only one, which didn't bring much). The main traffic is direct and search engine traffic. Search engine traffic has been growing, it's not stable still but trend is upwards.

I think now I am in that phase when things go one of two ways, either quit or resume. No wonder why people say business takes time and that most of people quit after half of year. I am there now, blog is bit older than 6 months and the initial excitement has gone.

Yet I am not a quitter! I plan on finishing the ebook with everything I know on it. Giving it away for free and just making a difference in people's lives. Money side? I'm not too much concerned with it. I just want to spread the message now.

This doesn't mean I'm giving up on monetization, but I'm not focusing on it.

I also plan on trying to get some big guest posts on big blogs and maybe host a contest (Biggest Gainer instead of Biggest Losser).

Honestly, this blog is my first project I have been on so long! I had not had much patience earlier in my life. This project helps me improve myself in unplanned ways (I see that now..)

Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I f*cked up..this blog should have been better and bigger. I've lost focus and didn't hustle. I have to get a plan now on how to get it big and how to improve my content along with marketing. Though content is more important.

Tonight I'm sitting down to write myself a plan of what should I do now to succeed...

I'll post it here later on...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Plan to improve things on 36Pounds.com:

1. Buy some books about training (paperbacks, read them and pick out the best stuff).

2. Share stuff from books and write reviews of them.

3. Guest post on:
Think Simple Now
Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life
Scott H Young
AlittleBetter.net
Mens Online Guide & Mens Lifestyle | MadeMan.com
Zen Habits  Simple Productivity
Zen College Life

4. Find some more sites to guest post on.

5. Write workout log on the forum to lead by example.

6. Finish writing the ebook until December.

This list might grow coming days..

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
How did you F*ck up? Why did you all of a sudden say that?

I haven't been hustling almost at all..lost focus. I think it's that time of any project when people lose motivation after like 6 months of building something. I gotta get my focus back and learn new stuff, share more content and take blog another level. Thanx to Snowbank, from whom I got some nice advice and a some reality! People do way way better than 20,000 hits in 6 months on their blogs.

I will make a big push now to make hit 36Pounds.com at least 10,000 visits a month. Still not very very much but way better...

Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I have two days off now from work to work on the Plan of Attack and start acting on it. I will share the plan here when it's done!

Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I'm watching Seth Godin's video on standing out and I have decided to add a twist to my ebook for skinny guys and make it remarkable by adding info that you wont find in any "gain muscle" book... don't know if it will be the story-style I write it or just simply more info but written like talking from me to reader..

I think this could be it... :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Just got another idea about fitness industry. It would be a project of collaboration between people and sharing opinion. I most likely will need a web programmers help..that sucks cuz I don't know one yet, but maybe I can work something out...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
One visitor left a comment yesterday that he has gained 15lbs in less than 2 months using my advice and thanked me!!!! Feels so freaking awesome!! I responded back to him asap, asking to do an interview with him on how he achieved it. He agreed and I will send him questions soon.

I really hope sharing this success story will inspire other visitors to seriously take action and gain muscle successfully (and of course I hope this will help 36Pounds.com grow).

I'm excited, gotta go eat my breakfast and then send over questions to him.

Updates coming later on!

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Nice work GymJunkie!

It's always feels great to hear that the work you're doing is making a significant, positive, impact in someone's life.

:yourock:

Also, be sure to get a testimonial from each person that shares their results with you. Testimonials can be a very powerful sales tool, so start collecting them now! Who knows, you might decide to write an ebook someday and you can use their testimonials to promote / sell your book.

:thumbsup:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Nice work GymJunkie!

It's always feels great to hear that the work you're doing is making a significant, positive, impact in someone's life.

:yourock:

Also, be sure to get a testimonial from each person that shares their results with you. Testimonials can be a very powerful sales tool, so start collecting them now! Who knows, you might decide to write an ebook someday and you can use their testimonials to promote / sell your book.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, and I think real story posted on a blog is the best testimonial that can happen. Hopefully, he will be able to share some before/after pics too...

Thanx for paying attention and Speed+ both, KW and Lamboman, appreciate it ;):thumbsup:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I feel like I just got second wind of motivation with 36Pounds.com...

As I talked about the success story of one visitor, I was getting a lot of traffic from StumbleUpon and in two days I got more than 1000 visits. Yesterday was a record day with 963 visits!!!! Wow... not a 1000 but still, very close!!! My old post got Stumbled..

Now I hope that a lot of people will come back to the site and to leverage it I just posted the Success story of a visitor. Hope that will attract more readers :)

Next I'm gonna be reviewing some books about training and hopefully, 36Pounds.com will be growing successfully!

Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Way to go... you have caught the wave of momentum. Now ride the wave! I am so happy for your success. Keep working it!
OH YEAH.. That's my goal now... I got like 150 visits today too which is twice as it was on average day last month..

I was in the Dip last month.. I have to get over it now with lots of action and take the blog to next level. It's a nice challenge ahead :)

Thanx a lot Kerry ;):tiphat:

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
One visitor left a comment yesterday that he has gained 15lbs in less than 2 months using my advice and thanked me!!!! Feels so freaking awesome!! I responded back to him asap, asking to do an interview with him on how he achieved it. He agreed and I will send him questions soon.

Congrats!! Have you thought about calling up and recording an audio interview with folks like this rather than just emailing your questions over? Generally speaking, "Video > Audio > Print" in terms of perceived value to your readers/subscribers. Getting some audio and video interview success stories would add another dimension to your blog. Good luck!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Congrats!! Have you thought about calling up and recording an audio interview with folks like this rather than just emailing your questions over? Generally speaking, "Video > Audio > Print" in terms of perceived value to your readers/subscribers. Getting some audio and video interview success stories would add another dimension to your blog. Good luck!

Thanx! I see your point. I have not thought about it. I asked him to get before/after pictures but he didn't have it. Video would be the best. I will try to this in the future though ;)

Speed+ for you:)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
36Pounds.com just hit 25000 hits yesterday! Slowly, I'm getting to my goal of helping 1000 skinny guys go buff... Subscriber count reached 75 and 100 is next milestone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.