The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress Begins

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I know how important time is for all of us, therefore I will keep my thread as brief and objective as possible. I dedicate this thread to my current business that has been started only a month ago and got green light from a government last week.

My goal is to turn this business into a €2 million a year business within 4 years. To do so I am going to have to go from zero employees to approximately 50 in under 4 years - I will be using Upwork and Freelancer for all my recruitment needs.

I will keep a brief account of what is actually happening week to week. Trials and errors, bills, sales etc.

I am going to be operating a services business that follows innovative business model and execution style. At the moment there's no direct competition, therefore I am interested to see where this business goes.

At the moment I have:

• 300 sq ft office with all necessary office equipment
• All paperwork completed
• Website

Goals for this week:

◦ Validate demand for my services
◦ Make at least 400 calls (to get out of my comfort zone and defeat my fear of rejection)
◦ Draft and remember a killer script

Brief Personal Bio: I am reasonably well educated (IT cert, BSc in International Relations, MSc in Strategic Management and Planning) and had been religiously working since 14 until 23 in different industries. This is my first successfully established real business, therefore I am going to do my best in making sure it delivers value to my customers and provides personal and professional development opportunities to my future employees.

Thanks for reading and I promise a weekly update on what's going on with the business. Stay tuned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Hi @Almantas

If that's not a problem for You - could you narrow a bit what segment of market you're in?

Any way, i wish you hitting your goal

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
◦ Make at least 400 calls (to get out of my comfort zone and defeat my fear of rejection)
◦ Draft and remember a killer script

This! Great goal. Don't get stuck in mental masturbation mode. Spend an hour on the script, then call. Adjust accordingly.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
This! Great goal. Don't get stuck in mental masturbation mode. Spend an hour on the script, then call. Adjust accordingly.

I won't. I would be busy procrastinating. It's time to face demons and make some noise!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi @Almantas

If that's not a problem for You - could you narrow a bit what segment of market you're in?

Any way, i wish you hitting your goal

It's a business consultancy agency. Thanks for your interest.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
1st Week Update:

Objective: The point of this week was to see if there's any demand for my services.
Result: Out of approximately 400 cold leads approximately 100 are interested in my service and they are asking for my immediate service.
Method: Instead of calling I used cold emails. It took me only 15 hours to write and send e-mails to cold leads. Although I operated inside my comfort zone it took me a lot less time than calling cold leads individually.

Note: Yesterday I made a decision to move to Spain in March. I haven't left my comfortable location in 10 years. I want to get out of my comfort zone and experience benefits of warm, sunny weather instead of cloudy rainy days - I've heard that warm weather has positive impact on work performance. In addition to potential performance boost and business growth I will also recover my Spanish language and make new friends. Any serious entrepreneur will be warmly welcome to come over for a short stay!

2nd Week Plan:

Objectives:
  • Change website content from text to engaging videos. The point is to explain what value we provide via video and use as little text as possible.
  • Let people register by simply leaving a phone number instead of filling a long form - by doing so I should increase conversion rates and find out necessary information by calling a client instead.
  • Pick 2 clients and begin providing services for them.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THIS THREAD

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!