The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process.... What am I missing or overlooking?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Last week I had sent off my program books to a couple beta readers who specialize in my topics. Since I found myself with a little down time, I proceeded to work on a couple additional subsections for the books (outside of the actual content). I found myself a bit frustrated and I released those frustrations out on one of my ongoing threads. After that rant, I was provided with clarity from another member of the forum in regards to outsourcing those subsections so I can refocus on other tasks. This I did and it helped me a lot!!

I still have my books out with my readers so I have been focusing on creating the actual business. This is the list I have came up with that I can work on until my books return for additional review and editing. I know I am missing something, so any suggestions, advice, guidance is welcomed. Here is my plan for the next 30-60 days

Establish my LLC and educate my self with the IRS forms that will allow me to be taxed at a corporate level
Establish my company P.O. Box
Establish a trademark for the company/program
Establish a copyright for all completed workbooks prior to publishing
Establish my basic website landing page with bluehost and transfer my domain name
Establish a pay system via website (I will be doing 99% direct sales via website) Once I contact my prospect and things move forward they will need to purchase the program via website the 1% will be direct contact in the counties surrounding my community.
Establish a group program price model that differs from individual price models (County mental health programs/drug programs can buy in bulk for a discounted price, where individuals will pay a flat fee for their books.)
List my monthly recurring fees to operate the company such as website, pay system, book printing etc
List my annual fees and costs
List my one time costs such as editing/formatting (still working this out in my head)
Establish a cold call list/emails for Counties in the USA that have active drug programs via court system

Work out the landing page details, and develop a simple website to start
I am thinking about having my basic landing page to contain a brief description of the program and company, explain what is being created and developed, what they can expect in the near future and how I plan to develop the full site (There is a lot i can honestly do for this site, from testimonials, to e-learning, to additional resources etc..)

So this is the current list I have been thinking about this past week and determining where I should start. If you have any thoughts on what I can add, or focus on first I am open... The number one thing about me is I am and always will be Coachable.

A.Frankmore

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Purely anecdotal but I always like to start with the trademark. I find that process can be either super easy or endlessly pedantic. I had one company where the name was too similar to a major game title and I think IIRC the application for the trademark was then suspended to see if a claim would be made in x amount of days.

I think there is a big confidence boost once you fill out the company shares and get granted your trademark - like - I OWN THIS!

Website and payment API stuff doesn't tend to take too long and anything you get stuck on can be outsourced relatively cheaply (especially front end work).

I haven't seen your previous threads but have you made sure it makes C.E.N.T.S? I always find that my process list becomes much larger once I begin thinking about speed to market and digital advertisement.

Do you plan to set up any social media strategies and inbound marketing processes? Or will it all be direct cold calling? Also do you have any experience in direct cold calling and client acquisition? For the first it's worth reading up on the art of outbound marketing sales because a lot of people think they will do OK but mentally it can be very straining and will expose any weakness.

And with client acquisition you can outsource some of that work as well - but i've never done just seen others suggest it.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Purely anecdotal but I always like to start with the trademark. I find that process can be either super easy or endlessly pedantic. I had one company where the name was too similar to a major game title and I think IIRC the application for the trademark was then suspended to see if a claim would be made in x amount of days.

I think there is a big confidence boost once you fill out the company shares and get granted your trademark - like - I OWN THIS!

Website and payment API stuff doesn't tend to take too long and anything you get stuck on can be outsourced relatively cheaply (especially front end work).

I haven't seen your previous threads but have you made sure it makes C.E.N.T.S? I always find that my process list becomes much larger once I begin thinking about speed to market and digital advertisement.

Do you plan to set up any social media strategies and inbound marketing processes? Or will it all be direct cold calling? Also do you have any experience in direct cold calling and client acquisition? For the first it's worth reading up on the art of outbound marketing sales because a lot of people think they will do OK but mentally it can be very straining and will expose any weakness.

And with client acquisition you can outsource some of that work as well - but i've never done just seen others suggest it.
Thank you for the advice.. I did run the business through the C.E.N.T.S framework and I believe it fits. However, after reading your post I am going to revisit that with a different mindset. Also, as of right now I am going to try and do direct cold calling/emails. The reason behind this is because I am targeting a specific area in Government and would be best to attain those clients on personal level. In my past employments, I have been put in positions to attain clients. I worked in auto sales for a few years, I managed an agriculture company where I was in charge of attaining local clients (this was easy because I already had established relationships with many farmers). So I do have some experience with landing prospects. After I target the Government sectors, I will plan to go live to the public, at that time I will look into some marketing strategies and digital advertisement.

With some of the info you have provided me, I think I will be able to start organizing my tasks, and start tackling them. Again thank you for the feedback

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
You sound like you really do have most bases covered, I think if you can get past the outbound part - which it seems will be an area you have massive strength in then there's no reason you can't succeed from the outside.

I guess my only advice would be to always ensure you are dealing with the decision makers where possible as when you don't lot's of promises can be made, but often they never materialise.

I wish you every success with this though and hope you update us once you smash the market!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
You sound like you really do have most bases covered, I think if you can get past the outbound part - which it seems will be an area you have massive strength in then there's no reason you can't succeed from the outside.

I guess my only advice would be to always ensure you are dealing with the decision makers where possible as when you don't lot's of promises can be made, but often they never materialise.

I wish you every success with this though and hope you update us once you smash the market!
Great reminder about dealing with decision makers!! I appreciate that and I will be updating as I progress. Thank you again

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Update
Last week I had sent off my program books to a couple beta readers who specialize in my topics. Since I found myself with a little down time, I proceeded to work on a couple additional subsections for the books (outside of the actual content). I found myself a bit frustrated and I released those frustrations out on one of my ongoing threads. After that rant, I was provided with clarity from another member of the forum in regards to outsourcing those subsections so I can refocus on other tasks. This I did and it helped me a lot!!

I still have my books out with my readers so I have been focusing on creating the actual business. This is the list I have came up with that I can work on until my books return for additional review and editing. I know I am missing something, so any suggestions, advice, guidance is welcomed. Here is my plan for the next 30-60 days

Establish my LLC and educate my self with the IRS forms that will allow me to be taxed at a corporate level
Establish my company P.O. Box
Establish a trademark for the company/program
Establish a copyright for all completed workbooks prior to publishing
Establish my basic website landing page with bluehost and transfer my domain name
Establish a pay system via website (I will be doing 99% direct sales via website) Once I contact my prospect and things move forward they will need to purchase the program via website the 1% will be direct contact in the counties surrounding my community.
Establish a group program price model that differs from individual price models (County mental health programs/drug programs can buy in bulk for a discounted price, where individuals will pay a flat fee for their books.)
List my monthly recurring fees to operate the company such as website, pay system, book printing etc
List my annual fees and costs
List my one time costs such as editing/formatting (still working this out in my head)
Establish a cold call list/emails for Counties in the USA that have active drug programs via court system

Work out the landing page details, and develop a simple website to start
I am thinking about having my basic landing page to contain a brief description of the program and company, explain what is being created and developed, what they can expect in the near future and how I plan to develop the full site (There is a lot i can honestly do for this site, from testimonials, to e-learning, to additional resources etc..)

So this is the current list I have been thinking about this past week and determining where I should start. If you have any thoughts on what I can add, or focus on first I am open... The number one thing about me is I am and always will be Coachable.

A.Frankmore
I have started and established some of the foundational building blocks to Encourage U. I received feedback from one of my beta readers for my third workbook and, I will make those adjustments. The other two workbooks are still being reviewed.

It has been brought to my attention that I may want to consider having my final products be endorsed by professionals in the industry and/or Judicial who are directly connected to these types of programs, so that I may be able to show more value behind the work. Any thoughts about that?

I have also started to develop my website. Having no coding background, I have opted for a basic site, hosted by GoDaddy (Never a fan of that name). I did start with Bluehost, and I found that process to be a little advanced for my current skill level. I found that I could have the same website layout to start, includes my bookstore and shopping cart. I don't need "fancy" out the gate, just acceptable and scaleable for my clients to directly purchase my program.

I still have A LOT to work out, including my details. Overall, it is finally coming along and I am starting to see the fruition of my labor. I have attached the landing page of my website so I can receive feedback for personal development. I hope everyone had a great new year, and may 2021 be a year of progress and execution.

PS... I have made the decision who my target market is... I do plan to engage the mass general population however, I may not be able to if I work with certain government agencies that have been developed across the united states. I would opt out for of the general public for other opportunities, as long as I can reach the right people who use the program. This is not a life coach type of program, this is more of a recovery from stupid choices type of program.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    798.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    885.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.png
    3.png
    750.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.png
    4.png