The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pro Trader Crypto Competition

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
This is a Crypto Currency Competition for people who are focused on making money.

If you've been sitting on the sidelines, looking at Digital Currency's and waiting to see what happens before diving in, now might be your time to get in; for nothing!

Crypto currency trading for experienced forex/stock market traders, could be a walk in the park. The margins are much wider but the volatility too.

I'd like to provide some traders (would be or not) the chance to have some fun and perhaps make some money along the way.

I'm going to give 3 candidates 1 Bitcoin each and you'll have 7 days to trade these bitcoins at my designated exchanges.

The results will be posted on the Fastlane Forum and your transactions will be tracked via the various blockchain explorers.

The winner of the competition is the person who makes the most profit at the end of the 7 days.

The prize will be 5 Bitcoins to trade with initially and we'll pump up from there as a result of your trading skills.

All profits from the competition will be split 50/50 with myself (nothing's free!).

If you make it into the top 3, you get 1 Bitcoin to trade with and you get to keep 50% of the profits you make. The initial investment of 1BTC is also returned to me (if you haven't lost it by being weak).

If you want to take part, let me know, you've got nothing to lose but perhaps much fun and cash to gain.

To get selected tell me why you think you'll be good and explain your past experience in trading to help me decide.

Only 3 Entrants will be selected (based on your response) and I'll lead you through the starting process (which will be helpful) if you're not already familiar with crypto trading platforms! :)

Rules: To enter this Crypto competition you must be an INSIDERS or have over 50KPH speed. We split all profits 50/50. Only one guy gets the 5 bitcoins to trade with at the end of the 7 days. I decide who gets in.

You got nothing to lose but everything to gain; what are you waiting for?

3 Candidates will be chosen and named on the 27th Dec 2013 and you'll then be given 1 Bitcoin each to get rolling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Well why not? Count me in. I think I'd be pretty good at this because I've always had an interest in bitcoins, but never knew if putting money into it would be worthwhile. (Now I see that it is.) My trading experience pretty much starts and ends here, when I was in school a few years back, someone asked me for a piece of gum, I gave them the gum and they gave me a dollar. Good trade I'd say. Also the profits won could go into my fastlane business.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
I have done some trading in the past. I have been watching bit coins now for three years. I set up a rig on my PC three years ago, but I never pursued mining because, honestly, I felt that trading made more sense. I have been working on my other two businesses and I am just now getting back into crypto research and watching the markets pretty consistently. You should choose me because I have the discipline and guts to keep my emotions out of the trades and make decisions that make sense.

Ps......I bought my first coin last week......so, I have my own skin in the game.....another reason to pick me.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Alty, Congrats on shutting down your construction business to trade virtual coins. I think you're going to go very far.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Alty, Congrats on shutting down your construction business to trade virtual coins. I think you're going to go very far.

Do I detect 'virtual' sarcasm! :)

My coins have already made me way more than my construction business.

I can pick up a shovel and get back on site at any given time if needs be. The cryptos are right here and right now. I'd be a fool to ignore that. Once you've felt what it's like to have a portfolio increase $60,000 in one night (while you've been sleeping) perhaps you'll see why.

Last edited:

avispa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 13, 2013
Virtual sarsasum? no no not at all.. that's constructive criticism :upyours:
Although I'm not a INSIDERS, I'm defiantly interested in this tiral of wit.

I love bitcoins, and use them in my business.
So my speed aside, I'd love to join.
As for experience, I use linux :D

Bitcoin Address
19nkBqLJJFiiEzZ7abm6AS6X76NcTF7prQ

Last edited:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Alty let me join! I already know how to use cryptsy and have a account on btc-e. I know what coins are doing well so I'm sure I can make a profit.

BTC 1JsicpxPBfCsELCJfsgapGxEZof99VJrYu

Last edited:

lukeadams2312

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 11, 2013
Auburn
I'd be interested in this competition! Im Luke, I'm 18 & in college at auburn university. I have grown up seeing everything around me turn into technology, so I can clearly see the potential in digital/crypto currencies. I setup a coinbase account recently and am currently waiting to be eligable for instant trades. I am on break from school and would have lots of time to invest in this competition. I'd be interested in participating with my own money if I'm not selected!

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I'm going to be dedicating a portion of my portfolio to cryptocoins anyway, so I'll throw in my name too. Hey, maybe I can lose your money in addition to my own ;)

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Thanks for all the interest.

I was hoping that the competition would attract the attention of some day traders who'd not looked at Bitcoin yet.

A quote from zen*******

so basicly your doing pure gambling.
Z

I think that sums it up pretty well.

I don't like gambling...

To eliminate the risk factor (gambling element) as much as possible, JayKim (because we are often in contact and it seems he is starting to get a good grip on crpyto and can think for himself) will get 1 Bitcoin.

Competition over.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
To eliminate the risk factor (gambling element) as much as possible, JayKim (because we are often in contact and it seems he is starting to get a good grip on crpyto and can think for himself) will get 1 Bitcoin.
Competition over.

I breath eat and sleep crypto. Im ready for this challenge.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I breath eat and sleep crypto. Im ready for this challenge.

Pm me your public btc address.

I'll send you a bitcoin in a few hours when I get back home.

7 days to turn that btc into more than 1 btc.

Only thing I'll say is; avoid the temptation to ride the small waves of bitcoin/litecoin.

Wait for a big trend change to come along and hop on, or do your research and discover an alt that looks set to take off.

Have fun.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Pm me your public btc address.
I'll send you a bitcoin in a few hours when I get back home.

7 days to turn that btc into more than 1 btc.
Only thing I'll say is; avoid the temptation to ride the small waves of bitcoin/litecoin.
Wait for a big trend change to come along and hop on, or do your research and discover an alt that looks set to take off.
Have fun.

Yup I'll stay away from bit n lite. I already know a few I want to get that have been taking off. Ones on coinedup.

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
One more thing.

Please post your trades and results etc in the cryptocurrency experience thread so we can keep record and try to learn from it.

jstewart5333

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 22, 2013
Las Vegas
Hey Alty, Is it too late to join this competition? I see that it just started. I'm new on this forum so I don't have 50kph yet, actually, I'm new to bit coin and alt coins... but, I'm super excited as I'm learning how trade and as I hear success stories from people like you. I'm willing to take high risks in hopes of high rewards. I have an account on cryptsy and I've been trading for about 2 weeks. I've been trying to ride the wave: buy low, sell high, and buy back low again. It's fun! Can I join the competition?

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'd like to participate, though I don't think I have enough "speed" to meet your requirements.

I am currently actively trading bitcoin. At the moment, bitcoin market conditions don't lend themselves to trend following -- You can only make what the market will give you. I believe this is because we recently had the huge run up (upside trend) in bitcoin that peaked in early Dec.

In my years of trading experience (going back to the 90's), the chances of a big swing (big trend move) happening just after the last one are slim. For example, we had a huge run up back in April of this year, and bitcoin crashed, then stayed in a down trend for a long time. It also chopped around a lot, which is better for swing traders. It finally started another big up trend in the 2nd quarter of this year, that we all know about now.

As there is no easy way (that I know of) to short it, we are restricted to long side only trades. This is both a cursing and blessing. Its a blessing because it can be distracting to try to catch both up and down moves. Its a curse because during a secular bear trend (such as right now), its harder to make money on long only trades.

Anyway, let me know if I can participate, though my speed level is low. I simply don't have time to post much to this forum.

I setup a bitcoin address specific to this competition. 13bJTBge7HCjyvdX7GdLZxXUGXcsupdYxz
But, I am not sure yet how the mechanics/logistics of your contest will work.

Last edited:

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'd like to participate, though I don't think I have enough "speed" to meet your requirements.

I am currently actively trading bitcoin. At the moment, bitcoin market conditions don't lend themselves to trend following -- You can only make what the market will give you. I believe this is because we recently had the huge run up (upside trend) in bitcoin that peaked in early Dec.

In my years of trading experience (going back to the 90's), the chances of a big swing (big trend move) happening just after the last one are slim. For example, we had a huge run up back in April of this year, and bitcoin crashed, then stayed in a down trend for a long time. It also chopped around a lot, which is better for swing traders. It finally started another big up trend in the 2nd quarter of this year, that we all know about now. Thus, it may be weeks to months before we have another monster move. Better to day trade (if you can do that sort of thing) or swing trade. I have tried day trading, but its too stressful for my temperament. I stick to swing trading and trend following.

As there is no easy way (that I know of) to short it, we are restricted to long side only trades. This is both a cursing and blessing. Its a blessing because it can be distracting to try to catch both up and down moves. Its a curse because during a secular bear trend (such as right now), its harder to make money on long only trades.

Anyway, let me know if I can participate, though my speed level is low. I simply don't have time to post much to this forum.

I setup a bitcoin address specific to this competition. 13bJTBge7HCjyvdX7GdLZxXUGXcsupdYxz
But, I am not sure yet how the mechanics/logistics of your contest will work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.