The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Private: Women only

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would the ladies like a PRIVATE FORUM for WOMEN only? This forum will be exclusive to the women on the board and separate from the "male dominated" rest of the forum. (Men will not be able to view, or post.)

(Or it could be viewable by all, but only for women)

I could probably set it up if there is a demand for it.

Let me know what you think.

~ MJ

PS: The forum WOULD still be viewable by the mods.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
It's a great idea, however I enjoy the fact that this forum has men too. I find that men have some pretty constructive things to say, not saying I don't think other women do but with men it just seems more about things that I'M interested in. If you ever opened one I wouldn't dabble in it as much as I dabble in this forum which by far, is the most useful forum out of all the forums I'm a member of.

Nonetheless, thank you MJ for providing a forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. This week I will subscribe to the INSIDERS membership of the forum.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
That is a kind and sensitive offer, MJ.

The fact that y'all do such a great job keeping the forum welcoming for everyone is enough for me.

My personal answer is no, no need for a special sub-forum. Right now I gain far more than any random self-absorbed male hedonist poster could ever take away.

Men are potentially outstanding business mentors for women, with this whole great caveman, aggressor, hunter, in-your-face negotiation thing going on (quite different from those of us who tend to come at things from a softer side- slow to enter attack mode, and being oriented towards collaboration & nurturing).

The ying-yang mix of both is good for business. We should share our strengths.

I love all you folks here for the things you respect- business, business owners, intellect.

[Please, no need for rebuttal posts about my historic/genetic/cultural gender generalizations. I get your point. LOL!]

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Men are potentially outstanding business mentors for women, with this whole great caveman, aggressor, hunter, in-your-face negotiation thing going on (quite different from those of us who tend to come at things from a softer side- slow to enter attack mode, and being oriented towards collaboration & nurturing).

Definitely 100% with you there! I don't know what I would do if I were to partake in a forum strictly for women :/ I would honestly hate that, as most women do not think like Mrs.Brbk or myself. Some women are TOO sensitive and I appreciate the strong personalities of this forum as I have a type A personality myself.
No offense to other women, but some just aren't built for this aggressive fast lane world which in conclusion would make a woman's only forum a HEADACHE.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
What is really needed is a forum for people who have already achieved a high level of success... regardless of gender.

It would be so great to interact with other successful people instead of wading through all the posts from people who are still trying to figure out how to get started.

Sindi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 8, 2013
I personally wouldn't interact on a women's only forum because I like how there are so many members to learn from and it seems most of them are male.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
While that might be great for some women, I wouldn't have an interest in a women only forum. I think a lot of the members bring great feedback, despite gender.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
What is really needed is a forum for people who have already achieved a high level of success... regardless of gender.

It would be so great to interact with other successful people instead of wading through all the posts from people who are still trying to figure out how to get started.

I personally wouldn't be apart of this forum, but I think thats a great idea.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ

So how can one learn if EVERYBODY on the forum is successful? How would those who REALLY need to gain knowledge be able to access it?

If you want to be part of some elite group, why not organize it in your own town? I'm sure there's other forums that would be able to supplement your desire to be in an "exclusive" group.

Don't knock those who haven't got an idea of what they want to do yet, you were once there. They can learn a LOT from you.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia

I notice you're not an INSIDERS. Lot's of legendary stuff on the inside. That's the place to go if you don't want to wade through beginner stuff.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
To answer the original question, that's a very thoughtful offer, and much appreciated, but it's not something that would interest me personally.

In the real world, there are both men and women. I think we all have a lot to gain from not separating them out. In a way, I'm not sure it would do us women a favor in the long run to give us a special, "safer" place on this forum. If we can't cut it here, where the vast majority of the men treat us with respect, it will be just that much tougher in the real world.

A funny thing to consider...If there's a private forum for women, how about a private forum for men? Is it only fair? Honestly, I REALLY wouldn't want to see that either. I only pose the question to lend some perspective. :)

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
What about give women free INSIDERS membership?
That will attract more women to the forum ?

Respectfully, I disagree with this. I don't think it's fair to the guys. Plus, paying serves another purpose other than profit (which MJ definitely deserves for creating this forum). It seems that the nominal membership fee helps ensure it's frequented by those who truly value it, because they've put their money where their mouth is.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I honestly think a sub-forum for this would be nice. All though I wish for it be all read, women chat type thing. I am well aware of the purchasing power of women and would like to see their input into business without the sway of us men in the mix.

I learned 90% of my business skills from watching my mother build her business and interact with customers. If not for her I'd be half way through college for computer science trying to go work for some government entity or something.

On the flip side, it is very hard to determine who is a woman on the internet. In fact it's been deemed that all women online are men, by those desperate enough to send money to a woman they've never met.

Not saying that about the lovely ladies here but I'm sure ya'll understand where I'm comin' from.

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
I love it when gender equality topics come up. Now say there was a men only category there would be an uproar about how we are asses and discriminate.

This is a forum based in helping each other regardless of gender race or religion and the reason why I joined. Let's not start playing the political game of women need to have benefits over men so they can succeed.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Oh, this is a tough one...lol. And I really appreciate that MJ suggested it - it means that he is genuinely interested in the needs of his community here.

I think that there are some issues that I don't talk about openly on the forum because I realize that most of the members are men.

Do I think that a women's sub-forum is absolutely necessary? No, I don't, but I would participate in it if it existed. There are special challenges, whether we would like to accept it or not, that women in business face, and it would be nice to have an enclosed place to discuss those issues with like-minded Fastlaners. In my own personal life, I know ZERO women personally who think like I do.

I do think that the disparity in the number of women-men on the forum justifies something like this, at least until someday the ratio shifts (which doesn't seem likely for the near future).

Edit: I also agree that the INSIDERS membership should NOT be free for women. As far as whether this is "giving in" to some women's rights thing or whatever, that's not it at all. This is just whether there is a "market need" for something like this. Obviously, the decision belongs to MJ. He is the one who will decide whether this falls in line with what his vision is for the forum. I will respect his decision 100% and will always be a dedicated member of this forum.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
I love it when gender equality topics come up. Now say there was a men only category there would be an uproar about how we are asses and discriminate.

This is a forum based in helping each other regardless of gender race or religion and the reason why I joined. Let's not start playing the political game of women need to have benefits over men so they can succeed.

I don't think this is about political correctness nor is it about trying to give women more of an advantage over men on the road to the fastlane.

If you read a lot of the older threads, there were some great female posters that contributed a lot here. I'm not sure what happened to them, there are great male posters that no longer post here as well, but it is a shame if they left because the culture here no longer supports them. I am all for anything that accommodates them and encourages them to return to the forum and post more because I will benefit. Who cares if people think it is unfair.

The reality is that entrepreneur type forums attract a lot of meatheads that need to be dealt with crassly, and I can see how a harder edge can make some women feel unwelcome. So what is the harm in giving women their own place?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the comments. There doesn't seem to be enough interest to warrant a subforum.

In the meantime, it would probably be beneficial if we all indicated our gender on our profile postbit. This could help alleviate some misconceptions. If someone thinks you are posting something through a male frame of reference, and you aren't, it could cause some miscommunications or misinterpretations.

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
The fact that MJ extended the offer, plus the rational discussion (so far) about such an idea is an indication of how inclusive and diverse this forum is, which is huge reason why I love this place.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I think if you wanted to create another forum that has less noise, more action takers/successful people, a forum for people who have attended B&P would probably suffice. It would miss some people that can't / haven't attended, but would probably function as a pretty good litmus test.

(I think the INSIDERS handle this function great, don't necessarily know if one is needed -- but would be a decent solution)

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I think that there are some issues that I don't talk about openly on the forum because I realize that most of the members are men.

Such as?

And @MJ DeMarco I'm curious about what prompted this thought. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
The same thoughts that prompt a woman's only gym and couches in the ladies restrooms. ;)

LOL.

Gotcha. My favorite restroom ever is the one with a couch in it...

Having said that, it is a bummer that there are not more women here. I wish there were.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.