What's new

Priorities, choices, and perseverance.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

dknise

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
1,087
Location
North Bend, WA
Rep Bank
$1,940
User Power: 134%
Right now I am sitting here emailing, writing, and posting about my first app to try and get some traffic. If I can hit 1,000 downloads on the free app this weekend, I'll have a chance at getting in the Top New Free on Google Play and then I'll be set.

Here's where my life sets in... It's Friday night. I'm 22. My friends want me to come to the bar. These Slowlane friends are excited and celebrating it's Friday and are going to go spend their weeks paychecks on overpriced alcohol they can't afford at hopes of picking up some sub-par girl they'll never marry... I'm all for that! just not tonight haha.:smilielol:

The thing that I hope distinguishes us, is that I quit the job they all use to constantly bring up and be jealous of to do this startup.

Friend: "Ya man, you about to be rollin in the dough or what!? This apps pretty dope dude, how much money you make already? A couple hundred bucks?"
Me: "I'm shooting for $100 in revenue from ads on my first month on the market. It's a pretty steep goal at the moment so I gotta get the traffic in this weekend so I'm stayin in."
Friend: "DUDE, $100, cmon man you quit your dope a$$ job for some petty shit like $100, you screwed up man!"

I'd rather "hope" that working a$$ of for $100 at the potential of making 100's of $1,000's, than "hope" that I get a raise or "hope" that I strike it rich. It also shows the difference that I'm willing to work my a$$ off without the instant gratification of a paycheck, with a bigger end goal in mind than what the slowlaner's expect in life.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm gloating, I just know you guys understand the decisions. Sometimes it's hard going through life when everrryone in your life disagrees with you and thinks your crazy haha.

Spur discussion in all directions! GO.

:thumbsup:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ni epf nz upmz gedi2gedi ipvsiqsipias gsoipf esi emm xi jewi migv op vji siemn ug gsoipft. Ipvsiqsipiastjoq ot e mupimz suef, ci qsiqesif csu. Vji qiis qsittasi gsun 'gsoipft' xju siemmz katv xepv vu liiq zua ev vjios miwim ot fothatvoph vu ni. Ovt vsai notisz ipkuzt dunqepz mum cav xjip zua neli ov vjiz'mm emm ci lodloph vjintimwit op vji ett us xepv vu duni epf xusl gus zua mumumum.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom