The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

potential fastlane business in scrap metal?

bmarone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Nov 15, 2011
Can you build a solid fastlane business in recycling, buying, selling scrap metal? It seems, after reading some other sources, like it might carry some potential for good profit, if not fastlane. It would cater to a certain niche market and, of course, it would depend more on the execution of such an idea. Thoughts?

Brandon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Almost anything can be a 'fastlane' business..

You could find your fastlane selling condoms, hockeysticks, cars, boats, drugs (the legal kind)...

...find a way to sell manatees (those fat sea cows) to zoos, aquariums, etc + delegate most if not all tasks = profit $$$

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Being as those kinds of businesses have been around since the late 19th century, I'd say so.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I am far from an expert and have no real experience in the business. This is also not to discourage you in anyway as there is always a way to make it work. Anyways I looked at buying a recycling business that was for sale. The reason I decided not to purchase it is it had alot of expensive hard assets, heavy equipment and realestate mostly. This meant that I was going to have to invest alot of money for a smaller cashflow. Although like I said I know nothing about the business so I am sure there is a way to bootstrap this if you get creative.

ps A friend of mines ex owned a sanitation company in Vegas and he made bank so the money is there.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Scrap is a great business. I grew up with a friend whose parents owned a recycling company and only found out much later were worth $200m.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Like RichKid said, one can build a Fastlane business in any industry. The key is to create a system that you can leverage, and not to do all the work yourself (though obviously, you will certainly work very hard).

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Almost anything can be a 'fastlane' business..

You could find your fastlane selling condoms, hockeysticks, cars, boats, drugs (the legal kind)...

...find a way to sell manatees (those fat sea cows) to zoos, aquariums, etc + delegate most if not all tasks = profit $$$

I swear I had this same thought the other day while talking to my daughter. I told her that just about anything you see within your eyesight right now someone has gotten wealthy selling it. From the street lights to the asphalt in the street even the seed for the grass in the yards we are passing, it's just a matter of timing, demand and sticking with it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.