The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

POS developers?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've developed an order taking and inventory system for an underserved niche. I'm planning to integrate payment processing into it and then sell it to other clients in this niche.

I realize that this is a pretty specialized question, but you all are pretty cool, so you might know the answer.

My question is: Do you have experience integrating credit card processing into a point of sale application? Did you monetize that ability? (in other words, did you use your POS app to resell credit card processing services?) If so, were there any pitfalls that I should avoid?

As I look at my app, with my current client, I would net $1500 a month in credit card fees. That's just for one client. It seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I've developed an order taking and inventory system for an underserved niche. I'm planning to integrate payment processing into it and then sell it to other clients in this niche.

I realize that this is a pretty specialized question, but you all are pretty cool, so you might know the answer.

My question is: Do you have experience integrating credit card processing into a point of sale application? Did you monetize that ability? (in other words, did you use your POS app to resell credit card processing services?) If so, were there any pitfalls that I should avoid?

As I look at my app, with my current client, I would net $1500 a month in credit card fees. That's just for one client. It seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

I worked at a company where we processed millions each year via our own in app payment processing and am creating another app now where we take a % of transactions.

There aren’t that many pitfalls if you use a great software platform like Stripe or Braintree. Like any third party integration, if you’re not careful things can get complex in the code, but this isn’t specific to payment processing.

did you have more specific questions or want to take this to DM?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I worked at a company where we processed millions each year via our own in app payment processing and am creating another app now where we take a % of transactions.

There aren’t that many pitfalls if you use a great software platform like Stripe or Braintree. Like any third party integration, if you’re not careful things can get complex in the code, but this isn’t specific to payment processing.

did you have more specific questions or want to take this to DM?

oh... and if you scale to a reasonable level, you’ll need to worry about PCI compliance. This is not a huge deal if you use a platform like Stripe orBraintree

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.