The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Poker: Snowbank/others

jganz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 11, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I didnt want to tack this onto the other threads.. it is more specific so I thought i would get yours or others thoughts..

let me first tell u what i play

live poker..

full ring.. 9 players.. 2/5 max buyin is $100 min $60

there are 3 types of players.. wait for a big hand, i play every hand, i think i am good at poker play decent hands..

there are also the wild crazies that will go all in at any time..

here is how i play now.. sit back.. wait for decent hands.. big pairs.. suited ace jack etc.. when i do i raise to 15 or 20.. problem is ..

at a 15 raise.. u may get 5 callers..

i can make money at this.. but i feel i am not 'attackin the table'.. not that i need to necessarily but what i feel.. is i am a bad player that is better than other bad players..

when watching poker on TV.. which is not a shapshot.. but.. you rarely see more than 2 or 3 peeps in a hand.. i typically see 5 or more..

in your opinion should i be attacking with more marginal hands to thin the field.. ie.. A3 suited.. raise to 35.. to thin the herd..

ill quit rambling.. should i be raising more with my hands to thin the players.. or just sit like i am and win the hands i can against bad players.. 'be patient'

thanx..

john

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow 2/5 and max buy in of $100? That seems more like a all in or fold game. By the time you raise to $20, you have $80 left and the pot is $40-$60?? You can only go all in or fold after the flop.

Question, do most of these people buy back in after losing $100? Do they buy in to keep their stack at $100 or are there a bunch of people with $50-$80 stacks all the time?

This is probably what I'd do.

If there are alot of limpers and you have a strong hand, I'd just go all in.
I would limp strong hands first and wait for someone to raise and a bunch of calls and then reraise all in
I would limp suited connectors in mid late position and go for a big hand to bust TP hands.

I don't see much turn play with these stacks sizes.

jganz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 11, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
just an update.. i decided to try and take a little bit of everyones advice.. especially from a different post from snowbank where he said he tries to maximize the edges or something along those lines.. i have raised on stronger hands.. much more.. and limped on suited etc... utg hands..

been makin about 50 per hour or so.. still a hobby..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.