The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pleased to meet ya

Tiber

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 25, 2019
United States
Hi,

I didn't know info like this existed. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for putting this group together. You've made history and are pathing the way for others to leave their mark as well.

About me:

I grew up in a religious extremist cult. I escaped when I was 17. I finished high school 3.8 GPA, but had hardly any life skills or awareness. I was in culture shock. I was trying to play catch up in a new culture I was unfamiliar with. I started community college, but had too much going on at home to keep up with it. I had to get away so I joined the US Air Force. "Get paid to travel. Do at least three years... get the GI bill. Get good benefits. Go to school and while you're in and get tuitions assistance and skill that will pay "bookoos" on the outside." I reluctantly signed up. For all its faults, it has been a great experience. It gave me the structure to figure out this culture and myself and the perspective to see how it worked. I got a security clearance a job skill that can pay starting close to six figures as contractor. But I still hate it. I feel like I could do so much more. I feel like I'm slowly rotting. I'm a creator. I get my high from building something from nothing. And work has never given me much time to do any school. I got a technical associates, and I'm 18 credits into a second one (General Engineering). But I'm going nowhere fast. People ask me "what do you want to be?" I want to be everything. I want to do everything. I want to build systems and solve problems..... They always say find one thing and stick to it and eventually it'll pay off... I started looking into other options. I wanted to be an entrepreneur but couldn't find a college programs that offered what I was looking for. It seemed like ever site or book was just another guru that wanted my money. I read all the Dave Ramsey books, the Automatic Millionaire, Rich Dad Poor Dad books and similar and heard the same advice... all the slow lane. It seemed wrong... everyone is doing it and everyone is poor.

I picked up the four hour work week and by chance saw the Fastlane book. That was around Mid February (2019). It gave voice to so many observations and frustrations. It seems like for the first time I can build my dreams... This is going to be tough but it'll be fun. I'm going to make this work; I don't have a choice.

The only way to go is ahead, I can't go back to being a cog... I must be the builder.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome to the forum!

Your intro features events one might expect in a novel! First, glad to hear you escaped and found resources to help. Will be exciting to see what you do next!

I want to build systems and solve problems.....

Have you identified who you want to help?

Tiber

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 25, 2019
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Your intro features events one might expect in a novel! First, glad to hear you escaped and found resources to help. Will be exciting to see what you do next!

Well,

Without trying to sound too vague... Long term- something along the lines of green energy and tech of that nature... That's way down the road. What I can do now is solve the small problems filling the gap in some of the smaller niches I belong to... My idea is to eventually earn enough to start focusing on some of my bigger ideas. I'm currently suffering from "idea" overload and am narrowing down first the products I want to sell and or create, and if there's a market for such things... I'm in research mode.

My goal is to be able to survive on my income from these things by June of next year. I really need to get out of the Air Force. I'm burnt out.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Vague is just fine! There are Gold and Notable threads you want might want to start with and the INSIDERS area also has amazing progress and execution threads.

There is a wealth of information here to help. I have not been in the US Armed Services but there are some awesome members here who have. I am going to tag @Scot here!

Wishing you all the best and thank you for your service.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
My goal is to be able to survive on my income from these things by June of next year.

Nice! I'm going through this as well, so I don't have much good advice to offer (yet!)

One thing that did help me though, was to find out exactly how much money I need to survive on my income from my business, and then work backwards. Cut everything unnecessary, get a grasp of what your baseline budget is, and then set sales goals for each month up until June.

Of course, you eventually want to make much more than the bare minimum to survive... but that should give you a good grasp on how much improvement you need to make each month for that specific goal you've set in the previous post.

Tiber

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 25, 2019
United States
Fast forward two years.....
Shit happens.
I experimented a bit with e-commerce, product development and fiverr, but life gets in the way. Last year was the year from hell, personally and financially (i know that was the case for alot of you as well.) I ended up getting out of the Air Force last July and entered University, so I could at least put a roof over my head. The transition has been absolutely brutal. I ended up shelving most of my entrepreneurial endeavors because... poor time management and the stress of trying to figure everything out. I thought I could balance my schoolwork, take care of my wife, and provide financially at the same time... I was... am an idiot. Burnt though most of my savings and most of the assistance the VA gives is unreliable at best. I'm currently studying Engineering Physics at Embry Riddle via the GI Bill, but financially, I'm barely surviving. Most part-time minimum wage jobs take too much time away from school for me to keep my grades up.
I gotta find something... better.
So I picked up my portfolio again... My hiatus hasn't been completely in vain, as I have learned a great deal that can be applicable so some of my original hustles. Between my ecommerce side hustle and some luck in the crypto currency area, I have been able to get myself out of some sticky situation...

That I actually have... This is several years down the road, but I have identified one issue I want to help solve. Making Electric Aircrafts viable. Tesla has paved the way for a lot of this research, but not a lot of investment has gone into making the aircraft counter part, but soon there will be. The lack of pilots right now will only get worse, and the reason there ranks aren't being replaced is the cost of training. You can make the carbon emission argument, but the only thing I care about is cost... mostly the cost of aviation fuel. At my school it cost an arm and a leg to fuel a Cessna 172... If we were to create a battery with similar capabilities, it would only cost a fraction to charge it, thus drastically reducing the cost of becoming a pilot over all... making it possible for the average joe such as myself to afford training.
What I need to figure out now is way to finance this... perhaps some of my product development projects will payoff and help me finance my own research.
I am currently looking at a franchising opportunity, but I need to do more research to make sure it's legitimate. It seems like it won't take too much to get it going, so I going to do a little poking around here to see I can find anyone who knows how to investigate such a thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...