The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please recommend a web development book.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Jarni Lee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 3, 2019
south korea, ulsan
I'm studying web development, right now I've been studying responsive.
Once I have an idea while studying, I plan to study server or Python at that time.
and I wanna be full stack developer!
So, I have a question for web developers among the members here.

What books and what study plan did you guys have?
I want to speed up my study, but I don't know how to do it. What was your method?

Please also recommend some books. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

codequaza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Nov 11, 2019
I'm studying web development, right now I've been studying responsive.
Once I have an idea while studying, I plan to study server or Python at that time.
and I wanna be full stack developer!
So, I have a question for web developers among the members here.

What books and what study plan did you guys have?
I want to speed up my study, but I don't know how to do it. What was your method?

Please also recommend some books. Thank you.

Developer here with 7 years of experience.
Trust me, don't look for a book.
I know the start is the toughest, but don't waste your time with books and tutorials, do something yourself!
As I see, you want to learn python and web development.
Go ahead on youtube and look for a very simple starter video for python where you learn the syntax.
Then go ahead and start looking for a really small project like a todo list. Then try including django (a web framework) and then you put a layer on the other.

MOST (i say this on purpose, not all) are imo the worst thing that a developer can read. You can read 3000 pages of a book, but still you didn't develop anything. You didn't apply your knowledge.
Forget about books, go on youtube and setup your development environment. Then hop on a tutorial and try to build a project yourself. Don't get lost in books or tutorial hell.

Jarni Lee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 3, 2019
south korea, ulsan
Developer here with 7 years of experience.
Trust me, don't look for a book.
I know the start is the toughest, but don't waste your time with books and tutorials, do something yourself!
As I see, you want to learn python and web development.
Go ahead on youtube and look for a very simple starter video for python where you learn the syntax.
Then go ahead and start looking for a really small project like a todo list. Then try including django (a web framework) and then you put a layer on the other.

MOST (i say this on purpose, not all) are imo the worst thing that a developer can read. You can read 3000 pages of a book, but still you didn't develop anything. You didn't apply your knowledge.
Forget about books, go on youtube and setup your development environment. Then hop on a tutorial and try to build a project yourself. Don't get lost in books or tutorial hell.
thank you so much I'll do it today right now

Aaron_S

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2018
USA
What do you want to learn?
Why do you want to learn it?
By what method do you learn best?

It looks like you are some where between learning developer or devops or full stack or sys admin. But why and which one?

Do you like books or do you do better with projects or videos or discussion?

If starting from 0, CS50 a free open course from Harvard is the standard starter to learn some CS fundamentals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.