The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please, I need business advice ASAP !

Marketing, social media, advertising

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
Dear Fastlaners, I hope you're doing great.
I started a marketplace website that is the first of its kind where I live. It allows people to post their services ( physical and digital ). The feedback was absolutely amazing, people loved the concept and said it was a promising one. However I am now stuck, the website still has no users and I don't know how to start marketing it. I'm already publishing it in facebook groups and some other places. This is however not enough and I probably need to start advertising. My biggest problem however is that there is not really a way for me to monetize the business right now, people here rarely pay through their credit cards online, it's all cash, so there is no way for me to take a cut of the transactions. Most websites like mine in my country make money through advertisement of other's services. However the website still has few users and I probably need to get moreee traffic in order to start the advertisement thing. Any insights and advice will help me a lot. Thank you so much !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Elite Ai

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 3, 2023
Manchester, UK
SEO & PPC to build your users.

Once you have the user-data to prove your website is worthwhile for an advertiser to market on, get ads on the site.

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
SEO & PPC to build your users.

Once you have the user-data to prove your website is worthwhile for an advertiser to market on, get ads on the site.
Thank you! What about ads ? I've been thinking of starting ad campaigns, but should I instead put my money on SEO?

usermine12

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 7, 2022
So you are dealing with a two-sided marketplace where buyers and sellers meet? I would recommend looking up chicken and egg problem of two sided marketplaces. I read about it in lean analytics, highly recommend the book.

FrYo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 15, 2020
FRANCE
Hello, congrats for the concept validation, it's already something.
As you mentioned it, your site is a local marketplace , try to make videos of people using it, or to make article in local newspapers, the most important is to invade the local public space (digitally speaking) to get people to be aware of it.
For example, you can make tiktok/insta/facebook videos of someone finding crazy deals in your site or someone showing the excellent wall repair he got from a worker that posted in your site. All of this with your region of city tag.
Those are few ideas but if you take time to imaginate, you can find better ones.
Don't bother advertizing it now, be patient, it will come soon.
The most important is to get people using it.

Bryan Lei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 8, 2023
It's great to hear that your marketplace website has received positive feedback and is well-received by the community. Now, let's discuss some strategies to help you market your website and attract more users:

Identify your target audience: Before you start advertising, have a clear understanding of who your target audience is. Determine the demographics, interests, and behaviors of the people who are most likely to benefit from your platform.

Utilize social media: You mentioned that you are already posting in Facebook groups, which is a good start. Expand your social media presence by creating accounts on other platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Regularly share engaging content related to the services offered on your platform and interact with potential users.

Implement search engine optimization (SEO): Optimize your website for search engines so that it appears in relevant search results. Focus on using relevant keywords, creating high-quality content, and ensuring your website is technically sound.

Collaborate with influencers: Identify influencers who align with your marketplace's niche or target audience. Partner with them to promote your website and gain exposure to their followers.

Offer incentives for referrals: Encourage your existing users to refer their friends and contacts to your platform by providing incentives. This can be in the form of discounts, credits, or other rewards.

Build partnerships: Identify complementary businesses or service providers who can benefit from collaborating with your platform. Establish partnerships that can help you cross-promote each other's services and expand your reach.

Engage in content marketing: Create and share valuable content related to the services offered on your platform. This can be in the form of blog posts, videos, tutorials, or guides. Sharing educational and informative content can attract potential users and establish your platform as a trusted resource.

Regarding monetization, since online transactions through credit cards are not prevalent in your country, consider alternative revenue streams:

Advertising: Once you have a solid user base, you can explore advertising opportunities by partnering with local businesses or service providers. Offer them advertising space on your website or promote their services through sponsored content.

Premium features: Consider offering additional features or enhanced services to users through a subscription model. This could include features such as priority placement, better visibility, or advanced analytics.

Promotional campaigns: Organize special promotions or events that bring more visibility to your platform and attract users. Collaborate with local businesses to offer exclusive discounts or deals to your users.

Remember, it takes time to build a user base and generate revenue. Be patient and consistent in your marketing efforts, and always listen to feedback from your users to improve your platform.

I was the lead engineer for the development of multiple well-known marketplace platforms, and before we launched the platform, we had around 500 to 1000 users.

Good luck with your marketplace website, and I hope these insights help you achieve success!
If possible would love to connect your business to make it success.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 17, 2022
It's great to hear that your marketplace website has received positive feedback and is well-received by the community. Now, let's discuss some strategies to help you market your website and attract more users:

Identify your target audience: Before you start advertising, have a clear understanding of who your target audience is. Determine the demographics, interests, and behaviors of the people who are most likely to benefit from your platform.

Utilize social media: You mentioned that you are already posting in Facebook groups, which is a good start. Expand your social media presence by creating accounts on other platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Regularly share engaging content related to the services offered on your platform and interact with potential users.

Implement search engine optimization (SEO): Optimize your website for search engines so that it appears in relevant search results. Focus on using relevant keywords, creating high-quality content, and ensuring your website is technically sound.

Collaborate with influencers: Identify influencers who align with your marketplace's niche or target audience. Partner with them to promote your website and gain exposure to their followers.

Offer incentives for referrals: Encourage your existing users to refer their friends and contacts to your platform by providing incentives. This can be in the form of discounts, credits, or other rewards.

Build partnerships: Identify complementary businesses or service providers who can benefit from collaborating with your platform. Establish partnerships that can help you cross-promote each other's services and expand your reach.

Engage in content marketing: Create and share valuable content related to the services offered on your platform. This can be in the form of blog posts, videos, tutorials, or guides. Sharing educational and informative content can attract potential users and establish your platform as a trusted resource.

Regarding monetization, since online transactions through credit cards are not prevalent in your country, consider alternative revenue streams:

Advertising: Once you have a solid user base, you can explore advertising opportunities by partnering with local businesses or service providers. Offer them advertising space on your website or promote their services through sponsored content.

Premium features: Consider offering additional features or enhanced services to users through a subscription model. This could include features such as priority placement, better visibility, or advanced analytics.

Promotional campaigns: Organize special promotions or events that bring more visibility to your platform and attract users. Collaborate with local businesses to offer exclusive discounts or deals to your users.

Remember, it takes time to build a user base and generate revenue. Be patient and consistent in your marketing efforts, and always listen to feedback from your users to improve your platform.

I was the lead engineer for the development of multiple well-known marketplace platforms, and before we launched the platform, we had around 500 to 1000 users.

Good luck with your marketplace website, and I hope these insights help you achieve success!
If possible would love to connect your business to make it success.
Chatgpt response

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.