The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

please help, new to e-commerce

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
So i have done a search and really didn't find all the information which I was looking for. I have a b & m wholesale business which has been around for 17 years and my partner and I have decided that its time to move to the web. Our industry which we are in is a rather archaic industry which has really bucked the trend of the net but in my eyes that leaves us a huge opportunity to lead the pack. We have begun moving forward with the due diligence on this and I am now at a point where i am looking for inventory, order processing, customer manangement, accounting software which I can use as the back end. I have been looking around and i came across both infopia and channel advisor which have some of the features i am looking for but also focus more on multi channel sales such as ebay, amazon, good price, ect. Can anybody recommend me some good software which is user friendly and web based, i believe its called API technology? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
A lot of that stuff should be handled in the E-com software itself. Anything outside of what that would do would be industry specific plus whatever accounting software you use.

API is an Application Programming Interface. This is like a doorway to a database backend. you can potentially hook up your order management to your accounting software via API but the softwares themselves are not API's.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If you are already familiar with wholesale business. I would suggest you to offer drop shipping service to other e-commerce stores. So you don't have to deal with the first hand customer service or return.

If you have the budget, you can try Amazon store. Which will bring you a lot of potential customers. I believe Amazon's fulfillment services can handle wholesale too. In other words, you can have your vendors to stock up your products from Amazon.

If you decide to do drop shipping, you will need different software to handle that. The fastest way to find out what software to use is to ask other wholesale companies. Many of them are customized for their own need. With minor changes, you can have it up and running in a short time.

You will also need a good system that allows your vendors to get the most up-to-date inventory availability. So they can easily import or download into their system.

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
If you are already familiar with wholesale business. I would suggest you to offer drop shipping service to other e-commerce stores. So you don't have to deal with the first hand customer service or return.

If you have the budget, you can try Amazon store. Which will bring you a lot of potential customers. I believe Amazon's fulfillment services can handle wholesale too. In other words, you can have your vendors to stock up your products from Amazon.

If you decide to do drop shipping, you will need different software to handle that. The fastest way to find out what software to use is to ask other wholesale companies. Many of them are customized for their own need. With minor changes, you can have it up and running in a short time.

You will also need a good system that allows your vendors to get the most up-to-date inventory availability. So they can easily import or download into their system.

i understand your thoughts but thats not really what i am going for. I am a distributor for many different manufactures of similar products all which dont really have a great presence on the web. There are people on the web doing what i will be but more in a "half a**ed"attempt. As of right now i dont sell to the puclic, rather OEMs but what I am going to do is bring my wholesale pricing to the retail market.

I am not worried about customer returns as that is something i deal with now as well.

I have software right now which I use but not web based so i cant use it for my online shopping cart.

I just found VCOMMERCE.COM, is anybody familiar with them?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.