The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Place to go in ameriaca ?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys,

I want to move away from my hometown, it's really weird since I was totally hooked on my city, if someone would have asked me "where do you want to travel/live ?", I'd have say "I don't want to travel I am fine here " .
However now I can't no longer live in that city: my friends totally like theirs lives or rather it seems that they don't want to change their lives and are fine with theirs actuals lifes(I have nothing against it but their we don't think the same way animore), some of them does not understand why i dropped out from school, my parents think that I am lost/crazy because I have stopped school, my mother said that because of my choices she now has hearth problem, in my city there's nothing like entreprenerial mind or even "business community".
Just let's say that I am totally sick of that city, and that's why I want to move away from it, I want to find a place in Amercia where there's a young community an entrepreneurial community, a good weather and a low cost of living. I live in france I don't really know America so that's why I am posting here because I think the majority of this forum lives in America.
So do you have some place for me to look ? or even some advices ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Scottsdale/phoenix area is likely a good place as it's where most of the heavy hitters are. I wish you luck in trying to get your visa.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hey guys,

I want to move away from my hometown, it's really weird since I was totally hooked on my city, if someone would have asked me "where do you want to travel/live ?", I'd have say "I don't want to travel I am fine here " .
However now I can't no longer live in that city: my friends totally like theirs lives or rather it seems that they don't want to change their lives and are fine with theirs actuals lifes(I have nothing against it but their we don't think the same way animore), some of them does not understand why i dropped out from school, my parents think that I am lost/crazy because I have stopped school, my mother said that because of my choices she now has hearth problem, in my city there's nothing like entreprenerial mind or even "business community".
Just let's say that I am totally sick of that city, and that's why I want to move away from it, I want to find a place in Amercia where there's a young community an entrepreneurial community, a good weather and a low cost of living. I live in france I don't really know America so that's why I am posting here because I think the majority of this forum lives in America.
So do you have some place for me to look ? or even some advices ?

I understand you dropped out of high school. What were your reasons?

Regardless of the debate over traditional education... being an educated person is the most important part to success. Hands down. How you educate yourself is up to you...

I’m going to be blunt, you’ve obviously done a pretty poor job of educating yourself so far. You are going to have an uphill battle ever getting anything you want in America if you write like that in English.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You do what you want and go where you are drawn to.

Good weather is relative. Do you want mild winters and hot summers? Perhaps temperate climate with no snow but cooler summers? Not sure what you really want.

None of what you asked for is going to be low cost of living. You can't have a great location and inexpensive. They do not go hand in hand.

Cities you could look into:
Scottsdale, Arizona
Denver, Colorado
Austin, Texas
Tampa, Florida
Charleston, South Carolina
San Diego, California
Portland, Oregon
Las Vegas, Nevada.

There are many more. These are places that I like.

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019

Regardless of the debate over traditional education... being an educated person is the most important part to success. Hands down. How you educate yourself is up to you...

I’m going to be blunt, you’ve obviously done a pretty poor job of educating yourself so far. You are going to have an uphill battle ever getting anything you want in America if you write like that in English.

I dropped from school because I didn't like what I was doing, and the idea of working for someone else than me did not please me.
I know that education is important but what I was learning in school was not valuable for me, it's not because i have dropped out from school that I stopped learning on the contrary it has been one of the best action i have make, because when I was at school, I was totally bored of what I was doing, I didn't find these courses valuable for my futur, but from the day I have dropped from school, I have worked harder than the time I was in school to get information that will really HELP ME later, I know my english is still not good but I'm still working on it, and I am educating myself to become the person I want to be in the future.

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
You do what you want and go where you are drawn to.

Good weather is relative. Do you want mild winters and hot summers? Perhaps temperate climate with no snow but cooler summers? Not sure what you really want.

Cities you could look into.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Denver, Colorado
Austin, Texas
Tampa, Florida
Charleston, South Carolina
San Diego, California
Portland, Oregon
Las Vegas, Nevada.

There are many more. These are places that I like.
Thanks by good weather I mean places with"no snow nor cold" I do really like sun rather I do really like sunny places !

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
One other point is that moving away from a place because you are sick of it will not solve your problem. Your problem is within yourself at this point. Get yourself in a good place where you are content where you live. Then look at other options

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
One other point is that moving away from a place because you are sick of it will not solve your problem. Your problem is within yourself at this point. Get yourself in a good place where you are content where you live. Then look at other options
I hear so many stories. "Oh man this place sucks. I need to get out of here!"

then moves somewhere else and after a few months, "Hey man. I thought I would be happier moving to somewhere but the problems just followed me."

Well, it really depends. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Have you looked into HOW you plan to move to America?

I'm Canadian, one of America's closest allies, and even we aren't allowed more than 6 months in America without a valid legal reason for being there. And I can't lift a finger (legally) to do work in America while there for those 6 months, either.

Have you considered this?

DaDream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 24, 2019
Miami Florida

Hard truths teach.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.