The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pivoting after finding a better idea.

Idea threads

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
Sigh,

I hate to post this as I've been intently focused on getting my first e-commerce business up and running but I've stumbled upon an opportunity in app development that could truly put me on the fastlane. It is the epitome of CENTS, In an niche that I am very familiar with and searches online have rendered significant desire.

I know MJ says to be faithfully monogamous, and the entrepreneur that jumps from idea to idea diminishes his potential success. I have a strong gut feeling that success in this is highly probable with the correct marketing, honestly I feel it's inevitable. It's a market that has been overlooked by the mobile gaming industry for the past decade while ironically the demographic has exploded. It will take about a year or more to get fully functional but it will be the best product on the market PERIOD.

So I will be pivoting from my initial thread and focusing 100 percent on this new idea(Which I said in my last thread smh I know). My progress thread for this will be on the inside as I really want to keep this idea under wraps.

Thank you all and feel free to bash me for changing paths so quickly. but this will be the one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Sigh,

I hate to post this as I've been intently focused on getting my first e-commerce business up and running but I've stumbled upon an opportunity in app development that could truly put me on the fastlane. It is the epitome of CENTS, In an niche that I am very familiar with and searches online have rendered significant desire.

I know MJ says to be faithfully monogamous, and the entrepreneur that jumps from idea to idea diminishes his potential success. I have a strong gut feeling that success in this is highly probable with the correct marketing, honestly I feel it's inevitable. It's a market that has been overlooked by the mobile gaming industry for the past decade while ironically the demographic has exploded. It will take about a year or more to get fully functional but it will be the best product on the market PERIOD.

So I will be pivoting from my initial thread and focusing 100 percent on this new idea(Which I said in my last thread smh I know). My progress thread for this will be on the inside as I really want to keep this idea under wraps.

Thank you all and feel free to bash me for changing paths so quickly. but this will be the one.

Good luck man. Interested in your progress.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Sigh,

Nothing wrong with pivoting. Just make sure you're being objective and making calculated instead of emotional decisions.

Good luck @Sagemoney

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Sometimes a lane change is what you need to set things off in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing what you have in store.

Good luck, @Sagemoney. Wishing you all the best. :cool:

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Sigh,

changing paths so quickly.
Sigh,

If your idea is more ingrained to CENTS and going away from the 'wonder twins' that is a good thing. This will be interesting.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I have never had success sticking with an idea I am not passionate about. Especially if I know there is something else that I am more passionate about that I could be doing.

I agree, don't chase shiny objects... but that doesn't mean you stay in your trench until you die.

A good entrepreneur is constantly learning and adjusting as markets change.
It's one thing to randomly change from: 'I'm starting a lawn care franchise' to 'I'm going to try MLM!' to 'sell my stuff on etsy!' to 'I'm going to be a guru on youtube'
That is a recipe for a disaster in my experience (which I think MJ was talking about)

If you have developed a solid platform for success, and you are noting changes in its performance.
Or you have uncovered new opportunities, different angles, new ways to address a market need in this field... that's certainly not crazy at all. That's actually smart and called having your eyes open for the best opportunities for your business.

Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Nothing wrong by changing lanes ! Good luck for your next project ;)

don't chase shiny objects... but that doesn't mean you stay in your trench until you die.
He's right !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.